Teacher Skins & Eats Cats

cat-fur-drying

A man whose livelihood and diet appears to be provided by hunting and eating “stray” cats has been the cause of much outrage.

His presence in the town is announced by his practice of skinning the cats he catches, and publicly curing their pelts, with the fur being made into hats, children’s or women’s clothing, etc.

The cat hunter is said to have come to light by a sharp decrease in the local population of stray cats. Further enquiries revealed a local resident had, using a hunting dog, been catching, killing, and eating the feral cats, and then skinning them for sale.

The pelts were visible tied to various objects in the vicinity whilst curing, being changed with new ones every few days.

Speaking to witnesses, the discoverer was shocked to hear that the hunter was not some homeless wanderer, but a former teacher, outside whose house the pelts were clearly visible.

He soon posted the information and pictures online, hoping to expose the practice.

The pictures and eyewitness accounts have sparked much outrage on major Chinese boards, with the by now familiar vigilante manhunt being attempted in order to bring him to justice. Even so, given that he can go unmolested in the locality he operates in, it does seem there is a gulf between animal lovers and common Chinese.

Cat fur itself is said to have some popularity in China for clothing and similar uses, as it more suitable for some uses than more conventional rabbit fur.

Via Heaven.

China is certainly a difficult place to be a cat. At least in this case they are not being shipped by the thousand to the cooking pots of the south…

Comment by Mimi
    05:08 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

And the poor man said to the other poor man, "Who cares?" I've eaten who-know-what-organism-this-is at sushi places before... they taste good and that's all that matters. I couldn't care less if I ate a polar bear, narwhal, duck on steroids, or wild cat.

If you say I'm "destroying the ecosystem," well guess what? Almost everything you eat contributes to destroying the ecosystem. Yes, even plants and fungi.

End of discussion.

Comment by Keigami
    06:53 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

A majority of people of disgust and this is just a further reminder of why...

Comment by Bounce
    08:08 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

well.....at least he doesn't waste anything...

Comment by zetta
    04:26 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

what Rethardus is true.
    many japanese people are pretty anti-asians,white,black.
    i mean, they even have a ONLY japanese sign at some places.
    also japan have too much pride. since they NEVER did something bad, they just talk about other countries.
    no, i'm not talking about the war.

about this, the guy is making asian stereotype to a new whole level.
    i'm half chinese and even i am not spared for asian stereotypes, this guy is making it worse.

one last thing,
    china(poor country) is not the paradise same goes to japan.

Comment by Mimi
    05:12 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Each nation has its pros and cons. Wow, I just stated the obvious.

Comment by Muzaffar
    01:53 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

tl;dr
    I know this is sad and all, but that is life for you. Thank god I don't live in that area (or China for that sole reason....)

Comment by TheCollision
    01:34 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I bet PETA is super pissed about this...

11:43 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oi! I'm a member of PETA and I see nothing wrong with this...

Member #385257289
    PETA(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Comment by tingle
    01:14 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What would the omnipotent Goddess Kyouka think?

Comment by Firetribe
    02:06 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Eh, hes doing a service to his community.

Comment by Rethardus
    03:43 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I just fucking knew before reading the tags that it's news from China.

Boohoo, get over it. China is a country, and won't adapt that fast as the newly industrialized countries.

I think China has been brought in a bad daylight, since these otaku websites mainly get their news from Japanese blogs (which we all know are anti-Chinese).

Like some other user here stated already: it is just because cats are cute that we bother to care about them, for instance: who the fuck cares about cows and chickens... We eat them daily.

I am a catlover myself, I find the person to be cruel, since I can't even do that to birds. But the point that bothers me is: can we get over it that 1)we can't tell others what to do (eat) if we don't even respect other culture's prohibition (pigs for the Islam), 2) China is poor, you would do such things aswell if you weren't educated 3) Japanese blogs won't post good news of China.

That is all.

Comment by Artefact

People aren't as interested in good news as they are in shockingly bad news. How interesting do you think an article on China's promising 10% GDP growth be to most readers? And what's wrong with looking critically at developing countries? They are that way for a reason...

Comment by motaku96
    08:59 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I personally wouldn't eat cats but I don't see anything wrong with what this guy does. Usual argument of "if you can kill and eat chickens, cows, etc. why not cats or other animals." (I have to wonder how tough it is for farmers to eat something they've grown.) Oh and whether cats are moe depends on your personal opinion. I've seen some really cute cats but I've also seen creepy unkempt cats too. They can be vicious too.

Comment by ZippyDSMlee
    18:17 22/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Cats are nice and all but are only a minor step up from squirrels and rabbits.

PS:I don;t go outside...there's 3D people out there 0-o

09:10 01/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well at least he's not eating dog. So he avoided becoming a stereotype. That's progress!!!

Comment by XSportSeeker
    20:40 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Interesting post, set to cause controversy.

I mean, we can't help but feel sad for cats... would be even worse if Artefact posted some cute cat video with the post for improved effect.

Like relaxed cats: http://xspblog.com/2009/01/19/relaxed-cats/
    Cat in a box: http://xspblog.com/2008/11/15/cat-in-a-box/
    Talking cats: http://xspblog.com/2008/05/14/talking-cats-and-dogs/
    Or lolcats: http://xspblog.com/?s=caturday

BUT don't we do the exact same thing with other animals... like pigs, cow and chickens?
    I think what the guy did worst on this case was exposing the cat fur outside.

Dunno if he's a looney, or if he grew up on some part of China where doing that was socially acceptable and now he's living somewhere it isn't...

But I guess it's open for discussion.
    I mean, I do understand that things like that are not a common practice specially at urban modern cities in China... but maybe it's not a big deal in smaller rural cities?

19:07 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

101st, bitches!!!!!

Comment by Azure Xuchilbara
    13:56 22/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Metal Gear 3: Pussy Muncher

05:54 02/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't get it. So a man was skinning stray cats. What, am I supposed to be angry? People skin bears, deer, even rabbits, and I hear no complaints, but a cat is off limits? This is why I had never liked, or respected, these so-called "animal lovers". Stick to a cause, and don't be selective about it, which is exactly what they are not doing -_-

16:48 21/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

bunch of hypocrites

Comment by Emc2Trooper
    15:39 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Bring him to justice?

No, that guy IS justice.

Comment by Anon
    13:16 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

oh god, poor animals ...

12:22 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This man has shaved and eaten his share of pussy...

Comment by Itsuki
    11:52 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Sounds like something straight out of Goth or MPD Psycho.

Comment by deadbeat
    01:09 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

whats wrong? overpopulation of stray cats can be a large problem for many major cities and cat culling is not an unfamiliar concepts for most govts.

In this case, this guy goes about doing the same thing for free and why should anyone complain that he benefited from it? If you want, just go do the same. Besides, his civic-mindedness in keeping things clean and curing the hides in open spaces should be applauded. If done in the confines of his house, I bet his neighbours would be retching all day long

Comment by SnooSnoo
    00:56 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

he did it for the lulz

Comment by Bakajim
    22:11 27/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I see no problem with killing "stray" or "feral" cats for their fur. For one it reduces the total population of stray animals on the street. Also the animals are feral... They have no owner so no one will miss them. In Australia feral cats are a big problem because they kill native bird life and small, native mammals. Feral cats can not be rehabilitated in to a loving home, so the best thing for them is death. Either by a vet putting them to sleep, or another humane way like a quick bullet to the head. This guy has pound a profitable way deal with the stray problem. And as for eating the meat.. Well waste not want not. Cat, Kangaroo, Possum, Cow, Horse all can be eaten so what is the problem?

02:21 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"Feral cats can not be rehabilitated in to a loving home, so the best thing for them is death."

Cool story bro.

Except for the fact that you're completely wrong.

Fuck off and die.

Comment by Bakajim
    18:53 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

shows how very little you know. Once they turn feral the moe little kitten you once knew returns to its primal wild instintual ways and must be destroyed. The same with wild dogs.

Comment by Chen
    22:28 27/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Dear Mr. Heartless Bakajim,
    I read your letter on the internet and was quite disgusted. While you are certainly right by the means of logic, you fail horribly in understanding the difficult concept of 'moe'.

I hope that you believe in a god, cause otherwise it wouldn't really mean something if I wished you to hell.

Yours disgusted Chen.

Comment by Serwin
    22:33 27/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

But I don't find the cat moe...

22:40 27/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Dear Mr. Weaboo,

Stop.

Yours disgusted,

Society.

Comment by Bakajim
    22:48 27/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Dear Chen
    I understand where you are coming from because I own a cat of my own. But please understand the difference between a domestic feline and a feral one. I would be pissed if someone killed, skinned and then ate my cat but the difference is my cat is domesticated not feral.

So in conclusion i woild like to say this... : GET OF YOU SOAPBOX YOU TREE HUGGING, LIBERAL, RELIGIOUS JACKASS. Also I would like to add one of my personal favourites.. HARDEN UP PRINCESS.

Bakajim

Comment by Mimi
    04:54 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What's the difference between eating a cat and eating a chicken? It's survival of the fittest imo. Western society has taught us not to eat animals that are associated with being "pets". But other societies are different and you can't judge them by your own culture's stand on the issue.

Comment by Chen
    07:54 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Rehabilitation sounds kinda like the feral ones do something wrong by the fact, that they are alive and don't let them feed by human. You may want to think that over... Unless you think everything that isn't associated with humans is better off dead.

@Mimi: The difference should be obvious. Chickens don't walk through the neighborhood. But aside from that I feel a little sorry for them, too. Not to such an degree, that I wouldn't eat them, but .. yeah.

...and.. if you think it's survival of the fittest, than what about cannibalism? I certainly know some weaker human beings than myself, but that's no good reason to kill and eat them, now isn't it?

01:39 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

If you say that often enough there is a possibility you start to believe it cause I didn't believe your bullshit for one moment.

''Feral cats can not be rehabilitated in to a loving home, so the best thing for them is death. ''

*Tisk, tisk, tisk* How I pity you.

Comment by Bakajim
    18:49 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Chen
    Nearly all the feral cats I have encounted could not be re homed (sounds better than rehabilitated) It was the Vets oppinion not my own. The slaughterhouse I worked at had a problem with feral cats and many were caught, ALL taken to a vet at an animal shelter where the vet told us that even the kittens were too feral to be placed with a family and they had to be destroyed. Have you ever worked at an animal shelter? No, probably not, but I have. So please excuse me if i tell you that you have no idea about exactly how feral cats can get and that there is a huge difference between domesticated and feral (stray or a better word is wild) cat.

Comment by K9T
    12:04 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I dunno that I've heard "liberal" and "religious" thrown about in the same insult before... But then again, I AM from the US where apparently the laws of the universe are a bit warped...

23:20 27/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol harden up princess

Comment by Chen
    00:36 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Okay... let's the formalities aside. I don't see any difference between stray cats and domestic cats. In fact, there are no such cats like domestic cats. A cat don't see you as her owner, she sees you as her feeder and she allows you to feed her because your cat is a f*cking princess. Male-cats are a little different, though. The point is, there are no differences between so called domestic cats and so called feral ones. (Asiede from the obvious difference, that one of the two allows an human to feed her.)

PS: I do not hug trees, I'm proud to be liberal (in a literally meaning), I think religious are basically bullshit but have a few good points and I think that you shouldn't further argue in that matter with an vet.

And thank you for using the word princess in an funny way. That allows me to be funny with an too old thing to be funny.

Comment by Zacharov
    23:53 27/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Right, I always hold the stance that you kill an animal if only you are going to consume it. This Chinese citizen did exactly that and thus I see nothing wrong about it as long as it ain't illegal. I mean, he did EAT the cat and sell the pelt, as opposed to just selling the pelt (waste of good meat).

Question is, did this man check up on his catches to ensure that he did not snare a domestic cat amongst the rabble of stray cats he hauled? If he did, no problem. If he didn't, he better expect retribution from cat owners.

Comment by Artefact

Most people seem to overlook the "stray" nature of the cats. It seems doubtful he bothers to check whether they have owners - certainly this is the case with the cats taken as food for the south.

Comment by Bakajim
    23:14 27/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It is probable that he overlooks whether they are owned or not and he probably doesn't check. But pet owners in Chins have probably learned long ago that if you want to keep a pet like a cat longer than a week you keep it inside with a kitty litter tray and never let it outside because anything with four legs is considered a meal there

Comment by Bakajim
    21:58 27/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I see nothing wrong with killing "Stray" cats for their fur. The animal has no owner, it won't be missed and it reduces the stray population. In Australia stray or "Feral" animals are a big problem, often killing native mamals and birds. And please don't anyone try and tell me that a feral cat can be rehabilitated in to a loving household because they are only kidding themselves. I worked at an slaughterhouse where feral cats were often caught and they would sooner tear your arms to ribbons than be housed with a family. The only solution was to put them down. This guy has just found a profitable way to reduce the feral population. All I can say is " Nice thinking mate"

Comment by Void
    22:30 27/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hope they don't make a documentary on this...

22:32 27/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

A girl I work with is from China, she told me she used to have a pet cat. One day it went missing. Her parents told her it must've just run away, but she new better... she didn't eat at a certain local food place after that.

Comment by Chen
    21:51 27/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Interesting reactions. Just because he slautered kitties. Well,.. i can understand this to a certain degree. I mean, given the chance to encounter him, I would most definitely skin him, like he skinned those poor cats. And then, I would eat him as well. But after that I would use my finger to reverse that action because I definitely won't eat a bastard like him!

and.. just thinking, but didn't kill God a little Kitty everytime you masturbate? Maybe we are at fault and god speaks to us through this bastard of a teacher.

Must be a pain in the ass to believe in god, huh?

Comment by Ichigo69
    04:11 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Close... God kills a Cat-girl every time you masturbate.

PLEASE! Think of the Cat-girls!!!

Comment by Toiski
    07:33 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Every time you kill a kitten, God masturbates.

11:34 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Every time a kitten masturbates, I fuck a cat-girl.

Comment by Pandemonia
    21:10 27/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I want a pet cat ._.

I'd call it Lucifer Sam after the Pink Floyd song.

Or maybe LoseYerFur Sam after this =p

Comment by Geerie
    21:16 27/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i was thinking of getting a cat and calling CHEEEEEEEEEEEN! though im sure after a few weeks of that name it would be too deaf for it to come by calling its name.