dragonball-movie-mai-eriko-tamura

The keening of Dragonball fans fills the air with renewed anguish with the news that the soon to be blockbuster disaster movie Dragonball Evolution has already had the script to a sequel written and made ready for production; the sequel promises to be “really, really cool” and to “more in-depth into a real Dragonball series, the kind of intergalactic world of Dragonball”.

The first film is still two months off its US release.

Actor Justin Chatwin, who plays “Goku”, said by some to be based on a character of the same name in an anime of the same name, admitted that the script for the sequel was already complete:

He goes on to reveal some details of the story:

“It’s really, really cool. The second one goes more into the whole legacy and the genealogy of Dragonball. It goes more in-depth into a real Dragonball series, the kind of intergalactic world of Dragonball.”

Via Sci-Fi Now.

He does not say production has begun, so it seems probable the producers are waiting to see how many commoners and foolish Dragonball fans attend theatres before they commit to producing a new chapter in the already dread franchise.

Interestingly, the film is getting released in Japan first, on the 13th of March, and in the UK on the 3rd of April, and the US on the 8th of April.

As we saw, the Japanese version will have an all-star voice cast, including luminary bikini idol Aya Hirano, and fans have been intrigued by the possibility of watching a fansub of the Japanese dub rather than the full Hollywood version – perhaps fans will care to skip the theatre version in favour of the Japanese version?

07:43 02/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Your kidding me....

04:58 22/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

imminent fail blockbuster + sequel = epicFail + epicFail

geez, learn the maths!!

16:11 16/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

pls let this be the super-saiyan saga!

vegeta vs goku!

Comment by Hayato
    16:29 06/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I really want to kill myself if I pay to watch this :(

Comment by Sangeku
    06:22 21/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Doesnt sound that bad. Granted its not going to be 100% canon but who cares its a movie. is it not a fantasy world where stories can be made? IMO even though its not 100% like the anime which i love i still shat a brick knowing they are making a movie.

Comment by Cliffjxn
    06:30 24/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hey, do you know that they've changed Bulma and Chi Chi' names? In the film they are known as Bulma Enchanto and Chi Chi McRoberts. Cool, huh?

I died a little when I found that out.

Comment by Eloy
    14:52 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

all I know is that I'll watch it at the theaters no matter what.I choose to waste my money in the matter that I see fit.

Comment by kenjiharima
    13:11 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

They bring shame to the iconic franchise even more...I'd rather have an anime OVA of Dragonball, One Piece and Naruto cross over. That would be epic as the figures are!

Comment by Mimi
    17:11 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yay! This is so exciting!

[/otakufail]

Comment by taishi tetora
    20:06 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

. . . . . . . .huh?

Comment by Minaru
    22:49 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

By the way he described it, it's like he has no idea what he's saying.

Hay...can't they use the money for something ELSE?

Comment by gek
    22:34 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ah well... Hollywood is truly a bastard. Sony Pictures Imageworks made a presentation at my school and they admitted the following films are scheduled for production: monopoly, battleship, carebears and last but not least; smurfs. I kid you not. This is what the animation manager said.

To the people who say: don't knock it yet, it hasn't even been released--fuck you! I know enough from the previews that it's terrible

Comment by VEGETA_DTX
    21:30 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

ATTENTION TRUE DB/Z FANS!!!

Please, think purely, remember those precious childhood memories and all the nice moments you had thanks to Dragon Ball world.
    Doesn't this rape you from inside!? - YES! - THIS BLASPHEMOUS EXPLOITATION AND CHILDHOOD RAPE MUST BE STOPPED!!!

Therefore please join us in our fight against it by signing our petition!
    WE MUST STOP THE SEQUELS AND ANY FURTHER FRANCHISE BASED ON IT!

petitiononline. com/dblam444/petition. html
    db-lam-protest.forumotion. com

Thank you!

P.S. I LOVE THIS SITE AND THE ONE WHO WROTE THIS ARTICLE! finally someone realistic and without kissing up to those BASTARDS from hollywood.

14:10 19/10/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

does that include Dragon Ball Z Abridged? because i swear, that parody series is the only reason i get out of bed any more.

20:34 21/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well I live in Japan and have seen this movie 2x yes i said it I paid the money to see this movie 2x. Its really not a bad movie but all of you people that bash a movie before you can see it than fine the other's that say its an alternate universe its pretty much that because yes as others have said. They made it so that any average joe can go see it and not be completely lost. they had to mesh things take out things because seriously how do you see them fitting all of the King piccolo saga into a 2 hr movie... its not feasible... and for you fans that are so peeved an executive producer of the movie is Akira Toriyama himself... so stands to reason its a fresh start to his original creation...

Comment by anonymous
    00:00 30/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ok i agree the movie was kinda bad, but who gives a crap im just glad someone had the balls to try and make it work. I personally would like to see a sequel, but like someone said before me these deuchebags probably havent even seen "dragon ball" with kid goku. Bulma was pretty hot!

Comment by SSJvinnie
    21:18 12/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

2 be honest the movie and animation was both horrific.. not only did they go about it all wrong but if it were me directing it i would have thrown the script in the garbage and done it SAGA by SAGA imagine how much money u can make if u went about it from the begining of DBZ with flashbacks of DBE to make the viewers understand a somewhat idea of whats happening.. i think our real problem was the cartoon series was perfection to anime and were all sad they didnt make AF

11:50 23/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm...at a loss for words. :(

19:59 14/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

you people criticize everything the movie was good and was very unique the only problem is that they added a few special effects that was completely cheesy

other than that the movie was awesome and i cant wait for the next

Comment by dragon raiser
    21:32 02/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

....i completely agree with the above comment......and those who had seen the episodes before the saiayaan saga.....might agree with the plot of the movie.....this movie actually introduces the basic outline and characters of the anime manga...dragonball z....so whoever said the movie sucks.....they can go to hell....(though i was disappointed by the transformation of goku into the beast.....for god's sake the beast was too small....and goku didn't even has a tail).......

15:06 03/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Personaly use a better actor for goku and the movie should be 100 times better!especily if they follow the series this time!

06:52 03/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

only if the girl on the pic takes off her clothes for duration of the entire movie

16:35 07/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think this movie just passes the good mark. I was hoping for it to be more like Kung Fu Hustle. I do think they should release more so I can get used to the characters and the storyline. I apprieciate them for making the movie because DragonballZ has finished now. Good or bad I Can't wait to see the trailer for the next one. Hopefully Good :D

Reply Cinema Blend

Comment by Elizebeth
    00:42 14/07/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Holly-wood made movies of anime genre shows is the bottom of the barrel!

17:51 02/01/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

see, the point here is that you're showing crap to the people who doesn't know about the series. they might prefer this than the original which is bad for the series. it's like you're using the name of the series to do whatever you want.

06:37 16/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

this is to everysingle person,....

ive been watching dbz gt etc for years, i am a absoloute harcore fan, ive got all the theme tunes etc etc, n i know everthing ( i think) abt the dragon ball universe..

now abt the movie, yup i agree it sucked! in terms of wat it shud hav been, i mean, dbz is a icon in anime, fuk spiderman or harry potter, ppl wud watch dbz, n it shudve been hyped up the same as these movies, same money speant n stick with original storyline, nw as usual hollywood fuk up the movie for example, look at mortal kombat, nuffin to do with the storyline, but a gud movie, (movies)

db evo was k but then again it was based arnd dragonball, wats gna b intrestin is hw the dbz era is shown?

sure its gna b diff from the main story but giv em a chance, they may finaly do gud, as long as the main points are made exact e.g. powering up, ki blasts, the origin of saiyans, then from there they can ( well they better) get the super saiyan right!!! personally if the f*** that up im gna b screwin, but i hope these clowns hav seen the feed bks, n comments n do it right this time....

btw names KaZ... ADD ME ON YOUTUBE IF U WANT ANY SOUNDTRACKS, I MEAN ANYTHING, GAMES SOUNDTRACKS, MOVIE,S ESPECIALLY BRUCE FAULCONERS HAHA

Kasif9 the name on there

message me wat u wnt.....

14:34 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I actually liked Dragonball Evolution, but as far as the possible sequel is concerned, I'm going to wait until something a little more concrete comes around.

Also, El Cangry, Goku was already a teenager when King Piccolo first appeared in the source material. The first World Tournament Goku and Krillin attend has Goku mentioning that he is 12 years old, and the immense positive reaction to the match between Goku and Jackie Chun in the final round leads to the Tournament being held every three years, rather than every five years as it was previously. So yeah, Goku may have still been drawn to resemble a child, but in terms of age, he was 15 by the time King Piccolo showed up.

12:19 22/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

OK listen to me you losers who think the movie sucks, either you are blind, havent seen it yet or are complete a holes and dont appreciate the fact that they made this movie at all. How can you say that the movie sucks, i mean ok yeah it didnt stick to the original storyline and i noticed that very early on, but it is a great movie and secondly, i think that the main characterhas seen the original anime cause why would they even consider picking someone that hasnt. Oh and thank you fo your comments you f ing rejects if they see this site and how you have slandered them they wont even bother making a sequal or even another db movie, so before you say anything else get your heads out from up your own arses and give a little appreciation oh and f you whoever says that i dont know what im talking about the animes actually came out when i was a kid and i have watched them over and over again and do appreciate the making of the anime series and the buu andandroid saga were my fave because they actually had better story in my opinion (thats just my opinion so shut the hell up!)

Comment by DeathOfChaos
    23:27 13/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I would hate if they made more of something that has already tarnished what Dragonball is already

Comment by uno
    01:16 11/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hi look guys we all have seen DB DBZ DBGT so well we all know how it starts and how it ends and theres nothing they can do that can change that......but give it a new start yeah i seen it if you dont compare it to the anime its a good movie to watch. who knows maybe they should have cgi the movie like in beowolf i dont know at the end of the day if they got the money to make a DB or a DB2 Movie let them be. and for the actors that stared in the movie for them to understand the world of DB they need to watch the anime before they comment on it.

Comment by Falc
    04:40 29/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It wasn't 'terrible'. I mean you're going to have to leave a lot out when you fit a whole series plot into one movie, (mainly supporting cast like Oolong, Pwar, Launch.... Krillin.........Ox King....) ok, well a lot of it was left out.... And it was placed in the current era. They took out Goku's tail, and and rather then the full moon, he transforms on an eclipse....

Ok, well they did change a lot, but in the end if you don't pay attention to ALL of that and just watch the story unfold, it's not a total dissapointment.

Hopefully the next one gets into the Z series, I thought that was a lot better anyways.

01:58 12/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I smell either Abyssal Fail (even worse than DBE) or Failing Redemption.

I haven't watched DBE yet but from what I know... How the hell are they planning to introduce Krillin for the frieza saga!? No Krillin = no dying. No dying = no Goku rage time. No Goku rage time = No Super Saiyan(!!)

If they're planning to do the saiyan saga... Who would they get for Son Gohan? If they can't get a pre-teen for DBE, how are the planning to introduce Son Gohan? How can they present the saiyans or the fact that the dragon balls are created by Namekians from another planet?

Seriously, it's impossible for them to move onto those two sagas without either:

A) Epically mess up the storyline with the frieza/saiyan saga as much/more than it already is to link with the failed DBE.

B) Somehow try to smoothen the path by the Piccolo Jr. saga (Bring Krillin in through the Tenkaichi Budokai, get Yamcha to train under Roshi, etc.)

C) Redo DBE and stick more closely to the anime.

These are some of the most probable routes they'll take (If they have a brain!)

> In some way, it looked like he didn't even understand what hes trying to say. Chatwin: "Oh I know, lets use very complicated words so that everyone would think, "Yay! Maybe the sequel will be much better!"" Nice try, but using complicated words doesn't convince us that you'll do a better job than DBE.

The first may be beyond redemption for all I care, but we can only hope that at the very least, that it'll be better and if it is, it better be OVER 9000x better!

... Oh wow, I just finished downloading DBE from torrent. Now to see for myself...

Comment by pascal
    19:20 28/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I went to see dragonball evolution, and enjoyed it. Despite what you guys say, I thought the movie was alright. I read somewhere that it was never made to be an exact replication of 'dragonball' and in that perspect I think the movie can hold it's own. I'm looking forward to the sequal which will probably be more like dbz, at least... I hope so....

Comment by Darkton
    14:53 01/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm going to wait for OnDemand Pay-Per-View...

...and then I'm gonna wait for Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy, and Bill Corbet's commentary.

Comment by alk
    10:56 29/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Best movies ive seen in awhile, will go see the Sequel, can't wait tell they bring Vegeta into play with this movie, but i wish they woul dhave started out with a lil kid at first a 10yr or so, and then moved up to his teenage yrs. plus goku never went to school, he was raised in the forest, and thats where he met bulma.

but the movie was an 8 on my scale.

Comment by N.R.
    11:02 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Chatwin: “If there were to be a sequel I think it… well, I know that it would go to a really interesting place, because they already have the second script written.”
    #Chatwin raises his hand and shows the first volume of the DBZ manga with the word script written over Akira Toriyama's name#

Comment by ynfiltra
    Comment by Anim3Fr33K
    Comment by Peanutbutter003
    01:06 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Guessed the makers of the movies do have a lot of money to spare.

00:53 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

the second movie is going to be really cool... i assume they'll make it into a musical this time?

Comment by Miroku74
    00:50 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Going to the theater to view it and judge it will still put money in the hands of the movie producers, encouraging them to make more films whether or not it's crappy. It's the Turkey Principle at work. Let me explain:

My grandfather used to raise turkeys on his land upstate. When it came time to cull the flock, he'd set up an area on the side of the paddock where they were and attract the attention of one of the birds, and when it was curious enough to peek through the hole in the cordoned off fence my grandfather would snatch it and put it into the truck waiting there.

Now, you'd figure that one or more of the turkeys would wise up to the fact that members of their flock were disappearing and take alarm. Nope! They'd follow where they disappeared and get snatched one at a time. XD Turkeys are some of the dumbest creatures on record.

Will the rest of us, out of curiosity, get sucked into this? Or will we be careful? Because apparently businessmen (and women) don't seem to think of us too highly even though we pay for their gold rolexes and (multi)million dollar lifestyles.

Myself? I'm snagging the movie online before I judge it. THEN I'll pay for the DVD. ^_-

Comment by MaidNiac
    00:50 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Chatwin: If there were to be a sequel I think it…

Fan: No thanks, dude!

Chatwin: ..well, I know that it would go to a really interesting place..,

Fan: Where? California? You guys already ruined the first one,btw.

Chatwin: ..because they already have the second script written.

Fan: WTF!? They already did!? Oh shi-

Chatwin: It’s really, really cool.

Fan: Then, you surely has a poor taste.

Chatwin: The second one goes more into the whole legacy and the genealogy of Dragonball.

Fan: Seriously doubt that..

Chatwin: It goes more in-depth into a real Dragonball series,

Fan: Nuff said, i'm going home.

Chatwin: ..the kind of intergalactic world of Dragonball.

Fan: *Already Left*

---
    Seriously, do they even aware that the movie already got a lot of negative response eversince images of the main casts leaked around the net? First Street Fighter,.... then DOA (lawl, non-Japanese Ayane), now this and another Street Fighter featuring a non Chinese Chun Li?

Comment by Vegio
    04:57 21/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

you just reminded me one of the worst movies i've ever seen. I can only answer your statement by sending you in hell by saying "street fighter", with van damme. and mr. adams as mr. bison, lol.

Comment by Kai
    05:53 12/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

VAN DAMME HIM TO HELL FOR MENTIONING STREET FIGHTER! Ironically, i bought the movie cuz i was bored lolz

Comment by Kev
    01:09 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well seems like Japan will take the kick first, if they don't like it then we wouldn't like it.

Comment by KonaKona4
    01:09 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

These actors who claim to be fans of the original series clearly are lying, or else they wouldn't agree to americanise and rip apart the very foundation of the Dragonball name. Leave live action to the japanese, or leave live action all together.

01:35 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

awesome can't wait, i want to get married while this movie plays in the background.

Comment by Quake
    01:37 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Another Epic Fail!

01:29 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope this movie fails. I hope the producer and the whole movie company making this fails. I hope they all loose their money, their jobs, their homes, and gonna be left on the streets, feeding on garbage. And when I'm gonna walk home, and see them on the roadside beggin for a penny, I would spare them one buck, and say: You deserved it, bithces.

Comment by exia
    01:28 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh GOddd ROfl..My stomach hurts from laughing..aw shit I'm going to hurl my breakfast.

Comment by jigga
    01:10 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

sweet! whats next, frieza with hair? Vegeta being Goku's distant cousin? I can't wait!