Japanese Women Disgusted by “Unmanly” Behaviour

taiga-ami

A recent article provides us with 16 patterns that women consider “unmanly”, and are the subject of much loathing.

These are the qualities Japanese women are thought to despise:

1.   He has no opinion, is just carried along by others.
2.   He always has someone to blame.
3.   He can never be decisive at the moment of truth.
4.   He’s always giving up (never puts in the work).
5.   He’s always relying on his parents somehow.
6.   He keeps quiet on the train even when he’s bunched up against some weirdo.
7.   Though he’s timid around other people, he only acts firm in front of me.
8.   He flip-flops around with what foods he likes and dislikes.
9.   He splits the cost of meals (with me) exactly, even in increments of ¥10.
10. He asks to be treated.
11. He always whines about his work.
12. His mails are too long.
13. He does nothing but complain.
14. He checks his appearance in front of the mirror too much.
15. He uses hygiene products too much.
16. His body is frail and weak.

Via Itai News.

As we heard previously, collecting figures or being an anime otaku are also sure ways to eliminate yourself from the gene pool.

2ch shoots back with the 16 patterns possessed by a woman who men actually like:

1.   Her opinion is tsundere.
2.   She blames everything on the petty.
3.   She’s audacious at the moment of truth.
4.   She’s always bathing (likes to keep clean and tidy).
5.   She relies on tools one way or another.
6.   She cries on the train when she’s bunched up against some weirdo.
7.   Though she’s timid around her boyfriend, she only acts firm in front of her teddy bear.
8.   She doesn’t care about food.
9.   She pesters (me) for money exactly, even in increments of ¥10.
10. She asks to be “done”.
11. She always whines about her breasts.
12. Her letters are long.
13. She does nothing but ero.
14. She checks the lower half of her body in front of the mirror a lot.
15. She spends too much time on her breasts.
16. She is tsurupeta (flat and smooth).

03:58 18/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"16 patterns possessed by a woman who men actually like?"

according to whom? people with 2d complexes, who probably never had a relationship with a woman?
    how can you assume that this is a woman you might actually like? was it based on some new or recent anime they have recently watched?

pathetic...

Comment by Artefact

You can say the same about the first list.

Comment by Firo
    05:58 18/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Someone is taking things way~ too seariously...~~

Comment by Shakespeare
    06:25 18/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm inclined to believe this is a joke, or the opinion of a single stupid person, but I wouldn't put it past Japanese culture to be so repulsively patriarchal that they would complain about ridiculous things like this.

"9. He splits the cost of meals (with me) exactly, even in increments of ¥10."

Good thing these women enjoy being treated as children I suppose.

Comment by rockbottom
    03:00 18/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Some of these are just ludicrous. I mean, like #6. "He keeps quiet on the train even when he’s bunched up against some weirdo."

What the fuck is he exactly suppose to do? Yell at him? Mouth off at him? I mean if he's a weirdo minding his own business I think it's best let it be. A lot of those questions make no sense. If anything, it's like those guys with books on "how to date women" who are like the only ones who end up without a date.

Comment by Djisas
    03:20 18/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I feet in none of those 16, yet i have no women...

Comment by Icy-nee-san
    12:14 18/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Screw men, women, and all social interaction, all I need is anime, manga, ero-games, video games, my figures and the sweet sweet voice of Rie to masturbate to ;3

20:23 18/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The Japanese women are simply disgusted at the many unmanly traits that are now commonly found in men, and, with the exception of 15(which I don't really understand, because why would being hygienic be considered unmanly...?), I agree with them.
    Pathetic, really. A man who would choose fantasy over reality to escape the inevitability of their worthlessness, inferiority and lack of defining characteristics. I suppose, if the laws of evolution prove to be true, that all unmanly otaku amoeba will assume extinction and only the strong/desirable men will survive...unfortunately evolution is so damn slow, that I'll never live to see that glorious day.

Comment by Shakespeare
    04:27 19/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The concept of manliness is extremely sexist and patriarchal and if we are to move towards a better society for both men and women we need to remove the word from our lexicon entirely. People like you and whoever came up with that list are only helping to ruin the world.

19:02 24/03/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

The concept of manliness is there to ensure our survival as a species. So, if you're all for the eradication of humanity, go right ahead with that.

Comment by my internets ur on it
    18:20 05/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

FUCK EVOLUTION YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE IN THE YOU THAT BELIEVES IN YOU!!!!!!!

Comment by Tommy
    18:25 18/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Nice job 2ch to fight back the 16 patterns who women wants.

Comment by Aesshen
    12:40 18/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This is like the third or so ridiculous poll this week. In this case, I think I'll blame whatever incompetent Japanese "journalist" decided to make this shit up. Don't believe everything you read, kidlets.

Comment by maru
    21:37 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I know the list of what men like is awesome after readin the first one.

Comment by Vegio
    20:47 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

my first time posting in here.
    just to thank you all for your answers, you made my day happy, and believing i'm not the only one like you all.

Comment by iapfah
    21:16 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

Comment by Firo
    21:20 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

SC ni Youkoso! :3

21:51 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I love how the "womens dislikes" list reads exactly like... well, a list of things women do.

22:39 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Can't wait until someone begin inventing Chobbits.
    It'll be a glorious day for "Man"-kind.

12:33 18/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd choose Chii over 99% of the female population.
    and you can always get a "Sumomo Model" for the lulz

Comment by kevinlmw
    01:05 18/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

that explain why i saw so many girls buying flower for themself at valentine days when i went to shopping lol.

have fun waiting for your prince^^

Comment by Muzaffar
    02:46 18/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

tl;dr
    Doesn't matter, an article is just an article and not all women are the same so...... =D

Comment by Fonzer
    22:43 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol 2 chan.So i stand pretty good in the women views but still didn't find one.

Comment by metatron
    00:24 18/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

zOMG!

you win the internet 2ch XDDD

16:09 19/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

these are true

1. He has no opinion, is just carried along by others.
    2. He always has someone to blame.
    3. He can never be decisive at the moment of truth.
    4. He’s always giving up (never puts in the work).
    5. He’s always relying on his parents somehow.

ok we just dont want to be stalked and raped...? you would prolly cry, and who needs life to be harder then it already is bitch dont make a scene?

6. He keeps quiet on the train even when he’s bunched up against some weirdo.

be glad you get the best of him

7. Though he’s timid around other people, he only acts firm in front of me.

who cares?

8. He flip-flops around with what foods he likes and dislikes.

you gotta show your worth too even if its just ¥10

9. He splits the cost of meals (with me) exactly, even in increments of ¥10.
    10. He asks to be treated.

who else are we gonna talk to?

11. He always whines about his work.
    12. His mails are too long.
    13. He does nothing but complain.

wtf you ask us to look good and this is how you repay us?

14. He checks his appearance in front of the mirror too much.
    15. He uses hygiene products too much.
    16. His body is frail and weak.

last thing i wanna say

Who the fuck are you?

Comment by AmericanGrunt
    20:30 02/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Days like this , I bask in my badassery =)

15:33 08/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

LOL OWNAGE. NICE BURN!!!
    LOLOLOLOL

15:38 08/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well then, I hope you stay CLEAR away from me. Cuz if you find hygiene products such as shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, tooth paste, soap, cleansers, and so on to be disgusting, you must be one smelly, disgusting creep.
    Sorry.

11:59 26/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I must be a dinosaur then cause I think most of the list is CRAP!! 99% of women I have encountered in western society (and I include Japan there) are like those women. They want fictional males who don't exist!!!

09:12 06/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh 2chan... fucking lol

Comment by Bronxdragon
    00:46 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

1. He has no opinion, is just carried along by others.
    Real answer: You talk over everything and ignore what I say regardless.

2. He always has someone to blame.
    Real Answer: because bitch I didn't do I was home beating off!

3. He can never be decisive at the moment of truth.
    Real Answer once again you don't listen to me.

4. He’s always giving up (never puts in the work).
    Real Answer: Did you not see the other 20 times I've done this...lets see you do better.

5. He’s always relying on his parents somehow.
    Real Answer: GTFO of my house then lets see how far you go with how much shit cost now and days.

6. He keeps quiet on the train even when he’s bunched up against some weirdo.
    Real Answer: Its crowded and its rude to just be like that you stupid bitch.

7. Though he’s timid around other people, he only acts firm in front of me.
    Real Answer: Cause you are my girl and I really don't give a damn about those other people thus I just say what needs to be said and let thos fers go on about their business.

8. He flip-flops around with what foods he likes and dislikes.
    Real Answer: Like your any better bitch.

9. He splits the cost of meals (with me) exactly, even in increments of ¥10.
    Real Answer: Its fuckin mcdonalds not a fucking resturant.

10. He asks to be treated.
    Real Answer: Ok this I have never done so...yeah.

11. He always whines about his work.
    Real Answer: I never do this so yeah.

12. His mails are too long.
    Real Answer: Ok you got mad at me when they were to small now to long.....bitch we over....I'm throwing your shit out!

13. He does nothing but complain.
    Real Answer: I don't bother with this, so I wouldn't know.

14. He checks his appearance in front of the mirror too much.
    Real Answer: I gotta look pretty for my fans too...or do you want me to go out looking like a bum.

15. He uses hygiene products too much.
    Real Answer: So using some cologne is to much? When were going to a fancy place?

16. His body is frail and weak.
    Real Answer: You don't say that when I have you up against that wall now do you?

21:44 29/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

1. Her opinion is tsundere.

hell yes

05:29 01/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

this is godwin my email adress is g.okeh@yahoo.com this is intresting of you all and i want a friend from your cloube which i will love with all my heartand which i can marry asmy wife for ever and ever am expecting some one to send me me a text of empresion thank from godwin

02:46 18/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

And they can thank the female revolution for instigating a system which teaches males to act in this kind of manner.

More men need to see the light.

Comment by deleted
    23:28 02/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You all should give up your hopes and dreams of getting a Japanese waifu. :3

Comment by my internets ur on it
    18:27 05/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

you meen all japanese womens arent Mio and Yui clones!!!! q.q NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

23:43 20/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Than I will keep my 2D waifu.

Comment by unellmay
    09:55 05/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

NEVEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment by ChonnyD
    05:12 06/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow. Well, according to the 'desirable traits in a guy' list, I'd have Japanese girls swarming all over me. I fit into alot of those categories.

The question is though, would I be able to tolerate Japanese girls? I don't know how I'd cope with someone who expects to be treated all the time and complains and indecisive. Well as long as she puts out...

Comment by me
    14:08 18/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

japanese men hand over their bank accounts to their wives. have fun with that one. i imagine most of the weaboos obsessed with jchicks wouldn't last a day with a real one, they're so demanding.

19:26 05/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This types of would women would die as bachelors...Well good luck finding a perfect guy

Comment by dee
    14:59 24/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

*spinster

and i agree

19:36 10/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Why does it look like society is just DYING to head towards their own extinction? (pun intended)

Women, they want equality, yet they don't want to be drafted. It means that they want the privilege without the responsibilities that come the privileges.

Comment by my internets ur on it
    18:25 05/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

the world, why not end it?

07:56 10/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Number 16 on the list what guys want is so true.
    DO WANT.

02:22 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, as a woman I do agree with some of the above.
    13. He does nothing but complain. --> I dun think they should complain but they should share their troubles with his love ones?

14. He checks his appearance in front of the mirror too much. --> I seen this cases a lot of time. Guys who kept looking into the mirror and worrying about his looks. If I'm not worried, why are you -.-;;;

9. He splits the cost of meals (with me) exactly, even in increments of ¥10. --> This kinda makes me think the guys are ungentlemanly. Do treat the girls at times but not all the time =/

15. He uses hygiene products too much. --> This only applies to japanese guys. Not for any other guys in the world i presumed.

Lastly I do not agree with the 2chn comments about woman. [#1 is pretty true in my country though. -.-'']

Comment by my internets ur on it
    18:21 05/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

there are no girls on the internet STOP LYING q.q

Comment by scwizard
    10:29 14/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Those qualities are qualities most women have, that's why they're unmanly.

Comment by God
    12:21 09/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Live with some defects or live alone. PERIOD!

20:45 31/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You are completely right, God. If we will not tolerate each other, we can all go gay or lesbian immediately! I tolerate my girls bad habits or complains and etc (of course it has some limits too- if she complains me, ill tell her - Fuck off bitch, if u dont need me, i dont need u too) and she tolerates me too. So whats wrong with y'all?
    Live with some defects or go commit a suicide!

(idea of thousands men and women jumping from highest skyscrapers in Tokyo is quite... )

Comment by me
    14:09 18/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

yeah, that list sounds a lot like white guys who are into japan and why they're so gross. except the hygiene part. they need to embrace it rather than tone it down.