Miku Holic: Maria Holic Gets Miku & Ranka Cameos

miku-holic

The sixth episode of crossdressing convent action anime Maria Holic has received some interesting cameos in the form of Hatsune Miku and Ranka Lee, clearly visible above (both with green hair in the background).

Both are in their underwear…

Isn’t this starting to become a distinct trend? Staff seem to be becoming bolder of late?

Comment by iapfah
    12:53 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lolShaft

Miku was in ZSZS as well.

Comment by Pachael
    20:21 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

In Miku's case, it's (sorta) true to the original source - in that chapter the original author Kouji Kumeta had Miku as one of the tryouts.

10:07 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i saw miku in the ep and was like "ha miku's face is cut off" XD

Comment by Kinny Riddle
    02:17 11/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Now why didn't I notice that?

Oh yeah, Arte, speaking of hidden references in episode 6 of Maria-Holic, you might be interested to discover Mariya holding up an Evangelion-like AT-Field near the end of the episode as well to shield himself from Kanako's pervertedness.

Comment by Icy-nee-san
    23:30 11/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ahh I just luv the director for this series <3

Comment by Frii
    19:46 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

this anime got a neco-arc cameo too

Comment by metatron
    17:14 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

LOL I also see Sheryl right next to Ranka and is that Fem-Alto? XDD

09:34 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow, I can see Nagi (blue hair+white ribbon) and the second to the right looks like Asuka!
    These cameos are becoming more frequent. Before these, the only one I can remember was Dr. Slump in Dragonball.

Comment by Palmtop Tiger
    09:42 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

^ Huh, could have sworn I was logged in.

Comment by maxchain
    09:27 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Man, that Miku Hatsune sure gets around! Next thing you know, she'll get her own video game or have an album hit retail.

Comment by Artefact
    Comment by maxchain
    Comment by Stahn Aileron
    21:01 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There are several CD's released that feature Miku as the vocalist. The above link (re:package) is the first one. I have it myself...Though I found that it is somewhat inferior to the other fan-made songs out there. (Her pitch on that CD is a tad higher that what my tastes would typically allow...Vocalism seems a bit rough also, compared to some of the smoother-sounding vocalism in songs I've heard on the net.)

08:20 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Not clear but I can see Nagi-sama, Tsugumi & Zange-chan behind the centre pic. girl (the one with blue tops)....The one with the yellow ribbon confuses me a lot.

Comment by Kaioshin Sama
    08:23 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Shit son, you're on a role with these I Spy type posts. As fast as I can browse you've already got another one up.

Why is it that I feel the Ranka in the background of this Maria+Holic picture is arguably better drawn then the average close up shot of Ranka in Macross Frontier itself though? ......Hmmmm I think it might be because the last time I saw Ranka in a dressing room scenario was the episode of MF entitle Miss Macross (a tribute to the original series Macross series itself...or is it plagiarism/ripoff now?) where the character art just went completely to hell. That was a bit of a traumatic experience.

Comment by exia
    16:15 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

LOL, you cant even see rankas face here, how can you say she looks drawn better? All you can see is hairstyle similarities. Either you have REALLY low standards or its a Troll.

Comment by Artefact

I can see you're on a roll with these sad trolling type posts.

Comment by iapfah
    12:50 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

He's... not trolling...

Comment by Kaioshin Sama
    08:52 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

No, you just get worked up whenever people are breaking balls a little or second guessing the content of your posts and that has opened the door for real trolls to see what invokes your ire.

You should probably relax a little and learn to take critical feedback and light ball breaking as is since as I said, I've noticed that real trolls like to make prey of you now that they've seen that they can get a reaction. Notice the upswing in people that appear to give you a hard time for using old images, for making harmless mispellings, and for reporting older news? It's because they've seen that you get defensive as hell when people leave comments like that and they want to exploit it for lulz. My point is, don't let them see you get too worked up, ever......

17:18 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree with Kaioshin.

Comment by Artefact

You are profoundly mistaken as to just who is exploiting who in these cases. Just how is it possible for me to be trolled here anyway? Either way it provides content - the only reason I participate in the comments in this fashion is because it increases the entertainment/informational value of the posts.

Also, I encourage the typo reporting, so I'm far from upset about it. Though I concede, I should probably just remove all "old" type comments, or other 4ch drivel, as I believe them to be meme-forming.

08:19 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol @ Alto Cameo...

Comment by tai
    08:06 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The purple haired one in the center looks a lot like Alto-hime with boobs. Maybe that is Sheryl Nome to the right of Ranka.

Comment by Kip
    08:20 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think that Alto-like character must have been intentional. Especially considering he is mistaken as a female a few times in the series, his Kibuki background, etc. It makes sense.

I thought that might have been Sheryl back there too, but on second glance...

Also:
    "crossdressing convent action anime"? Where do you get these series descriptors from, Artefact?
    XD

Comment by CC
    08:32 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah I'm starting to doubt whether it's actually far fetched..
    Considering the position right infront of Rank and Sheryl it could be..

Now if I could only remember where I know that silly yellow ribbon from... it's so familiar, yet I can't remember

Comment by CC
    08:12 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The sheryl one.. ye, the alto one is too far fetched.
    If anything Motoko Aoyama from Love Hina (or some other kendo girl as they tend to tie their hair).
    The blond to the right of 'sheryl' looks an awful lot like Sawachika Eri .

12:34 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Nope, thats Alto hime's hairstyle alrite :D

16:09 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol its alto playing kabuki

08:07 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't forget Fem-alto and Sheryl.

Comment by digitalboy
    09:13 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

trend? This is SHAFT. All of their shows are fulll of references, even the non comedy ones.

Comment by digitalboy
    09:14 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

also, isn't the picture in the background from fellow shaft anime Tsukuyomi? get sharper eyes!

Comment by D4RK-PH0ENiX
    09:04 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

ok... I see from left to right - Hatsune Miku, Zange (?), Nagi-sama, Tsugumi, Alto-hime, Ranka, Sheryl and Asuka Langley

Comment by kyon22
    08:56 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

another trap beside mariya, alto...