Hatsune Miku Ita-Tank

hatsune_miku_ita_tank_01

This interesting ita-tank, decorated with Hatsune Miku decals, painted in her trademark blue and even given a negi colored gun barrel was seen recently at an Osaka hobby shop, where it fits in quite nicely with all the other WWII era war machines besides it.

The store is the Volks’ Hobby Square Osaka. In addition to their Dollfies, Volks does also have an extensive range of garage kits, mecha and military model kits.

hatsune_miku_ita_tank_02

The decals used are actually from an inexpensive decal set (Amazon; Japan only for some reason) based on the illustrations from the Miku Super GT ita racing car.

hatsune_miku_ita_tank_03

hatsune_miku_ita_tank_04

hatsune_miku_ita_tank_05

Over a decade ago I had a minor interest in military history (before my otaku hobbies completely swallowed up the last bits of normalcy I had remaining), so I hazard a guess as to the identity of the tank.

The wheel configuration obviously makes it a German second-generation tank (Panther, Tiger I or Tiger II), but the gun mount is definitely rules out the Panther. The hull is too squared to be a Tiger II, but it still doesn’t resemble a Tiger I very much. Perhaps it was a combination of two tank model kits?

hatsune_miku_ita_tank_toranoana

The Tora no Ana store in Akihabara also has this slightly less authentic Miku ita-tank on display. I won’t be guessing as to the make / model of this particular tank.

Via Senaka Blog.

Comment by Firetribe
    12:20 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Nice Miku ita-tank, next fighter jets. Now if only someone would create a Miku ita-MiG 21.

Comment by APOCALYPSE 1 “DEATH”
    06:30 23/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

NO F*****G WAY!!!!!!!
    PUT MIKU ON AN F22 Raptor, AN F14 TOMCAT, F15 EAGLE OR A EUROFIGHTER TYPHOON, Something that can actually KICK ASS, NOT A CRAP LITTLE MIG 21!!

08:57 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

MiG 21 - The way it's meant to be flown ;D
    Compared to these old generation of planes, modern Planes like the F22 are only joystick-controlled plastic-toys :-P

Although, i'd favor a Miku Ita-Mi-24 Hind xD

16:33 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

OMG, not those beautiful tanks! Some stuff is not meant to be painted that way! ARGH!

Comment by Muzaffar
    01:39 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I know nothing about tanks, but a Miku ita-tank looks good any day and ready for war. =D

Comment by Halconnen
    22:12 28/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Love is war, after all.

Nyohoho~

22:56 18/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I belive the tank in the first pic is a Jagdtiger.
    If you compare the tank from wikipedia(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jagdtiger_1.jpg) and the tank in the first pic.

22:58 18/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh, somebody allready mentioned the Jagdtiger.
    Soz about this usless(?) post then :<

20:11 11/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Anonymous is right: the 2nd vehicle is definitely based on a French Hotchkiss chassis, judging from the suspension.

Comment by Void
    01:00 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I rather have this thing in real size. No one would oppose me then!

Comment by Halconnen
    13:08 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It's called 'airforce'. I'm told they have some 'anti-tank missile' thingamabob.

01:08 11/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Forget about that. The gas bill would make him starve.

Comment by Geerie
    15:29 22/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

you doubt the power of moe i dont think a man could bomb that without getting a nosebleed

Comment by alex1_phang3
    17:57 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Fell the wrath of MIku!!

Fire main leek canon!!!

XD

I want that tank :D

Comment by alex1_phang3
    17:59 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

*Feel the wrath of Miku

Comment by イチロ イノ (Ichiro Ino)
    17:16 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lolz... I was a militray geek too when I was in elementary...

oh btw, did you intend to remove the google ads over the POST COMMENT? I felt somethings was missing..

Comment by Quen
    17:19 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Removing those was mentioned a while back, so count yourself lucky to be free of those annoying Google ads.

Comment by イチロ イノ (Ichiro Ino)
    17:39 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol! even though you bring it back, I can't see them! I forgot I blocked them. hehehe, I blocked it becoz my dekstop doubles as my web server, don't wanna click-fraud my own website you know... and I also don't want to view my own ads in the same ip as my web server...

Comment by Halconnen
    13:05 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually I've been trying to access your page several times the past few days now.

I always get connection timeouts.

Comment by Artefact
    16:51 09/02/2009 # ! Impenetrable

It's a "Mercedes II" I believe.

Comment by M
    18:31 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

How the hell did you get that?

20:28 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think they call it "google". Try it sometime.

Comment by Slaanesh
    16:57 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i was wonder what i should paint my 40k army as...

now it seams i have an army

Comment by Geerie
    17:03 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i need that tank

Comment by Geerie
    17:08 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

fine then if its japan only decals i shall make my own and i shall make people everywhere tremble in fear at the foot of miku hatsune army.

Comment by M
    18:31 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Guys guys... its an Jagdtiger (Hunting Tiger) with a 128mm turret... The little gap between the front armor plate and the turret edge gives it away as a Jagdtiger and not a Jagdpanther because the latter has a completely solid piece (like a giant wall with a turret sticking out) unlike the Jagdtiger... its classified as a TANK DESTROYER to Germans but Self-Propelled Artillery to the Americans.

Also the 2nd one is a disproportionate Hummel (bumble bee) self propelled artillery piece. [There is suppose to be alot more space between the front armor and the turret.]

Comment by Quen
    02:16 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Thanks M, it had been a while since I'd seen photos of the myriad tank-conversion types the Germans had.

German word for "Tank Destroyer" translates as "Tank Hunter", no?

Comment by M
    11:42 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, but you get what I'm going at :)

01:07 11/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Slight correction: It does not have a turret. The gun is housed in an immobile superstructure and only has limited traverse. This is true for all WW2 German tank destroyers and self-propelled guns.

08:50 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Also, a clear distinction between Jagdpanther and Jagdtiger is possible through numerous other details. The different rear layout (other dual-exhausts), the position of the Maschinengewehr 34 Panzerlauf secondary armamant is totally different (Panther had this machinegun at the same height as the primary cannon) and the Panther didn't have the Jagdtiger's raisable support for the main cannon

Comment by KazeTsukai
    18:51 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Sensha-otaku? =p the name, "TANK DESTORYER", is rather cool, at least better than "Self-Propelled Artillery"

Setting the name aside, i like the 2nd tank even though the first looks cooler. Leek-Canon Fire Away!

21:28 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Is it just me and my limited views to the Ita-world, or has it been this case for the past few years, whereby most Ita-something (excluding cars), will 95% of the time have either Haruhi or Miku or Saber on it?

21:58 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

if anybody wants to know, the second tank is a:

10.5cm leFH18(Sf) auf Geschützwagen 39H(f)

Which basically means a 10.5 cm light Howitzer on the chasis of a captured french Hotchkiss H39. Only 50 or so were built and it was a bitch to find out that it was this tank, but I just HAD to know. I knew I had seen it somewhere before.

Comment by exia
    22:27 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

blahh it still looks like a panther. I'll go with that.

Comment by Techeese
    21:22 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Nice
    This could be more awesome if you add Love is war miku version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg-B9WUkgAE&eurl=http://www.sankakucomplex.com/forums/topic.php?id=273&feature=player_embedded [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg-B9WUkgAE&eurl=http://www.sankakucomplex.com/forums/topic.php?id=273&feature=player_embedded]

Comment by dodgethis
    19:55 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Japan only? I have those decals ready to go on a plane of my own.

Comment by Anim3Fr33K
    20:00 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What impresses me most is Artefact's knowledge of tanks, the most i could work out was it is Germain.

Comment by Shuu
    23:55 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That would be Quen's knowledge of tanks...

I immediately recognized it as a Jagdtiger btw, but I guess that's just because I'm German.

Comment by Quen
    02:13 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I probably would've recognized it sooner some years ago (my excuse)...

Comment by Shuu
    06:41 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

LOL, no need to apologize ^^;

If you ask me, your shift of interests was a rather positive and enriching one anyway.

14:33 18/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

you forget that Artefact is also a gamer, the knowlege of Armour gives way to his fancy of sertain games.

^_^