Star Ocean 4 Really Does Want To Be An Eroge

Comment by Tallgeese VI
    09:44 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

First: Eroge are hardly sold out of Japan, translated ones are very rare to find. But since the previous Star Ocean series are localized before, there is a high chance that the ero-part to be edited or even cut.

Second: Dub's aren't that good compared to the original ones (there may be exceptions where the dub's are better then its original). Enix should consider to add in the dual audio for localized ver. as some fans preferrred the original voice.

That left me wondering of buying this game when I watched the trailer here previously. The voice of that robot villian sounded too generic till it left me wondering what would the other characters sounded like ? Mickey Mouse ? Donald Duck ? Goofy ?!

Thirdly~~: Yes, like mentioned above by some of you, names, places, items, terms & etc... may be renamed. Keeping close to the original is hard. Moreover, from my personal view of SO4, think they shouldn't make the characters to look real....it kills off their anime character designs. Take a look at the 2nd pic from the previous thread (look at the heroine 2D design and compare it with her 3D incarnation).....And not to mention the last pic of the MC having a mark on his face....:

I was trying to imagine the anime ver. of it when I came across those pic's and find that the 3D ver. annoyed me a lot....The MC's reaction just doesn't suit the situation.

Well these are only my point of view of the game, so don't get offended by my comments....Seriously I think they should consider making another installation of SO4.....maybe a director's cut with dual audio & with the eroge scenes ?

Comment by Tallgeese VI
    10:29 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Pardon me.....It seems that Reimi is voiced by Misato Fukuen....Wait......Yoshika ? No wonder she sounded like someone I know.

Comment by Kresnik
    11:42 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hey, nobody minds that the protagonist's name is Edge, which if said in Japanese is 'Ecchi'? O_o
    And their 3D design sucks.

Comment by stewie
    13:12 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Bah, why don't they do the same on the new games like Namco did with eternal sonata? (about having both languages on the disk)

Comment by Mechwarrior
    08:31 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Too bad the character designs look like some second-rate late night anime.

08:51 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

^ this

character designs look extremely generic

08:59 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ok so how do I play the Japanese version? It's region locked, right?

Comment by carr0tz
    09:12 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

now that you said it,
    yay
    glad i have asian xbox

Comment by Anim3Fr33K
    15:27 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The reason for no dule audio is the inferior DVDs that the 360 uses, it just cant fit. Youl notice that the jpn soundtracks of Jrpgs also always have more sections voiced than the dubs as well, taking up even more room.

I dont mind if its dubed with no jpn audio so long as the ero scenes remain, otherwise the story is butcherd, and that i will not stand for, please oh god please let Square US/EU not attempt to market it for children

18:14 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Eternal Sonata fit on one DVD, and it had dual audio. I don't see why space is an issue with this...

Comment by Anim3Fr33K
    18:53 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

SO games are usualy huge, with multi endings and many different events that happen in game. if it takes up more than one dvd by base then its huge.

Comment by Rinfinite
    16:35 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Who does the Japenese voice for Sara Jerand? She sounds exactly like Suiseiseki desu~

Comment by AnKun
    05:35 08/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Btw, you can expect this game to be censured to the last pixel during the localisation

Comment by Gakipu
    10:34 28/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

OMG, EDGE!!! You're over the edge! 0_0;

No wonder the Edge Maverick Play Arts figure came with an interchangeable head with an OPEN mouth. XD

Comment by Azure Xuchilbara
    09:49 03/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Considering that it has your "Girl-Next-Door/Childhood friend", a frisky loli cat-girl, a meganekko angel, a busty dark elf girl, and a freak midget--er, another loli...

It's all good...

Comment by Watson Waterstone
    05:22 08/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Anyone else agree that these characters' names are ridiculous?

Comment by metatron
    01:05 08/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

LOL

He still gets what he wanted to do...it may not be eroge but close enough

Comment by Kaishu
    04:24 08/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Though thinking back to Star Ocean II... there was that one part at the beginning where you can talk to some random girls on the beach. I thought that was kind of reminiscent of ero games.

Comment by Icy-nee-san
    08:07 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Bastards at square dont understand what the fans want D:

WE WANT A EROGE VERSION OF STAR OCEAN D:

AND DUAL AUDIO!!!

Comment by Zelgadis4tw
    14:15 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There is pretty much no excuse seeing how it was possible to have multiple audio tracks on the DREAMCAST, mainly considering Sonic Adventures astounding amount of options in that department, iirc it was like 6 different audio tracks. Indeed eroge SO would be really nice ;x

Comment by kenjiharima
    02:22 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

WTF?!! He actually got away with that?! I take my hat off him. :D

Comment by fatcow
    02:33 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think this secret PA video deserves attention too

Comment by Shuu
    08:26 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Holy cow, so much win! I guess Yoshinori Yamagishi really is a closet otaku... How come the uploader already knows the specifics to get this cutscene, since the game won't be out until late February?

Comment by AnKun
    02:35 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I really dont understand why the original dub is not included in localised version. Its not like you have to redo it again or somthing. The only reason i see - is plain stupidness. Im gonna wait for undubbed version and SE wont see a penny of mine.

Comment by Jarmel
    02:59 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I really hope this game isn't fail because the pickings for JRPG is slim.

02:08 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think the video is already removed..

Comment by Artefact

The video is fine, just Nico might be busy of a Friday eve...

07:15 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh yeah.. You're right.. haha..

02:09 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

btw, they're out on my birthday.. yaay...

Comment by takuya13
    01:38 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

omg instant win ..<*

Comment by DmonHiro
    01:37 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

No jap dub in USA? Then fuck it. I am not gonna pay money to hear some untrained idiots who can't even pronounce the character's names like in SO3. And ffs, it's a BLURAY. There's space to pun a jap dub a french dub, etc. Lazy fuckers

Comment by Chris
    09:57 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

They of course do this to make us suffer.

There could be no other reason.

Comment by weee
    15:07 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

well they should include the jap dub so that when the eng dub "do" actually fail... the players have a fall back bud...

01:26 26/01/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

ive played S04 and the voice acting is actually pretty good (apart from lymle and sarah...)

oh and S03 has some pretty good actors in there, besides just because a name sounds one way in Jap its probably gonna sound different in English
    theres something called an accent genius -_-

02:07 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

seconded... The english dub is FUCKING SHITTY a piece of crap..

14:13 08/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Seriously why do you people tend to judge games on past ones? This game was worth all the money i earned to get it. The games ENG dub was better then most because it did have the passion. Quit complaining and get on with your fucking life and quit hanging up on things that bother you.

03:19 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

what in the world is with the english dub hate?

Give me a trailer of it so that I can jump in the bandwagon.

09:06 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Not for me... The jap dub on P3 is way better than the english one.... But the english version isn't bad at all....

Comment by Mintmint
    03:50 08/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I found the original Persona 3 voice track LACKING. The only decent seiyuu being Maaya Sakamoto. The English dub WAS better.

Now Persona 4's JP cast blew the US cast out of the water

Comment by heyjey
    07:56 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

play Persona 3.
    Honestly, I found the eng dub > jap dub on that game.

07:13 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

From my experience for gaming especially RPG, almost all of english dub is CRAP... They don't have an emotion when they're talking and what I hate most is THEY CHANGED THE NAME OF CHARACTER, THE NAME OF TOWN, ITEM, AND FUCK! THEY EVEN CHANGE THE DESIGN OF CHARACTER! JUST LOOK AT PERSONA 1 FOR THIS ONE... WHAT'S UP WITH THEM ANYWAY!

The only english dub that I like is Steambot Chronicles..

Comment by DmonHiro
    03:58 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

We have an "all seasons pass" for this bandwagon ever since the third Star Ocean game, the Xenosaga games. They had ATROCIOUS english dubs. Thank God for th UnDub versions on the net.

01:41 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

For sake of clarity, it's Xbox 360, so it's DVD. But I agree with you wholeheartedly. I refuse to buy a game that doesn't include the Japanese vocal track.

Comment by Kaisos
    11:30 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't know who you are, but I've already lost all respect for you.

Some English dubs, especially for video games, are incredibly good.

Not all Japanese voice acting is actual quality, either.

06:18 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

They why do you care? Watch the originals and stop griping about the translators.

If you're a fansubber, surely slagging off the professional western voice actors is like a Spaniard shitting on the people of Spain.*

*Apologies if that analogy did not make much sense to you, but I can't think of a better one to illustrate my point.

02:28 16/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Agrees with Kaisos there are some decent anime and game dub out there. just as their are some crappy JPN seiyū out there.

I just had to say that even though I haven't brought a Star Ocean game since Star Ocean 2. SO3 made every one including the Valkyrie Profile chars to damn cutesy for my tastes the plot was crappy too.

Comment by DmonHiro
    05:11 08/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm a fansuber with the position of translator. Yes I speak japanese. It's the writing I have problems with.

Comment by DmonHiro
    17:26 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh no....some random douche from the internet lost respect from me....what ever shall I do???

English dubs are horrible compared to the original, especially in video games, especially in mainstream video games, since the japanese use talented and famous voice actors for their games. English dubs have no feeling, make all the girls sound like they're 30 year old prostitutes or 5 year old retards. The japanese may make girls sound REALLY young, but at least it's not annoying. And they change the fucking names for NO reason. Souffle was chaged to Pepitta in SO3, for NO FUCKING REASON.

Comment by otanon
    01:03 08/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Disagreed.
    Sure, not all western voice actors are up to scratch; it's a niche business in Japan, so it's a tiny scene here in the West.

But that does not mean that there are no good English-speaking voice actors. Just look at the names that crop up the most, like Bridget Hoffman. These people have passion for the characters and the job, they learn the correct pronunciations.
    You try better.
    Obviously you can't speak japanese yourself or you wouldn't need subbed releases of japanese dubs.

Comment by DmonHiro
    02:50 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Actally, it's 3 DVDs, so they should have space....I guess.

Comment by Narcissist
    03:22 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol do they seriously think they can get away with not including the original japanese audio? Just shows what kind of incompetent random they hire at the responsible companies in the U.S. for these kind of releases.

One can imagine that there will be a one month wait and then the jap audio will be released on Xbox Live, just like with the Narutard game...

Comment by Shuu
    07:00 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, I can't shake the feeling that it's just a cunning marketing strategy to milk the self-proclaimed western otaku... but thinking about it, publishers actually recognizing the western otaku market as such would be an improvement over the current situation, right?

02:03 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Bluray?

ROTFL, the game it's 360 exclusive.

Comment by DmonHiro
    02:46 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh....I thought it was on PS3, what with SO2 on PSX and SO3 on PS2. Oh well.....then when the PS3 version will appear (and it WILL, in 1-2 years, when the "exclusiveness" wears off), maybe the localized version will include the japanese dub.

03:40 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

With blu ray, i think the japanese dub can be included.

Blu Ray > DVD obviously :3