Newtype’s Shocking Haruhi Announcement Unveiled

haruhi-shock-1.jpg

Anime rag Newtype’s announced announcement is finally with us, arriving slightly early, and it is sure to shock such expectant fans as still remain after Kadokawa’s marketing abuses.

The rag breathlessly explains that the long awaited repeat of Haruhi season one will commence in April; fans will doubtless be delighted to hear that they will once again be able to watch the show on TV, only a few years after it originally aired.

They are even kind enough to provide important details of the production of the first anime, in case it proved hard to remember from so long ago.

Fans will be glad to hear Newtype devoted its carefully ambiguous cover and TV advertising to this important news, as there is no new information regarding the second season at all.

There will be no back-to-back broadcasts or otherwise, and Kadokawa have gone so far as to categorically deny announcing anything at all relating to the second series, which now appears to be on the same timely release schedule as Duke Nukem Forever.

haruhi-shock-2.jpg
haruhi-shock-3.jpg
haruhi-shock.jpg

What they do mention is that music anime K-On! will indeed be produced by Kyoto Animation, just as we heard previously, albeit unofficially.

k-on-1.jpg
k-on.jpg

The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi indeed… For those who remain, it is time to move on and leave this franchise to die.

Comment by Boskutz’m
    16:30 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

KyoAni and Kadokawa can suck Eric Cartmann's balls, I'll just look for a new goddess whilst I await Oharuhi-sama's return.

LONG LIVE HORO! (and Tsuruya...)

Comment by Gantz_Playboy
    16:45 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

all Hail Horo!!!! Sig Horo! (Horo!) Sig Horo! (Horo!) I am soo going to make one of those "Downfall" movie parodys where Hitler doesnt like NewType & Kadokawa's news of No second season for Haruhi. You've seen them on YouTube? Hitler hates Blu-Ray, Christmas, The new Star Wars movies...people re-write the subtitles to make Hitler look like an ass.

Which is just what Kadakawa is....and ASS!
    If Haruhi is 'God' then technically who is the Anti-Christ in this situation?...who is preventing the "2nd Coming" of 'God'?...is it Kadokawa?

Sig Horo! (Horo!) Sig Horo! (horo!).

15:55 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh yay it's on TV again, it's not like I could download high quality episodes from the net and that they should actually be releasing the second season or anything....¬_¬

Comment by kyon22
    16:13 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

kyon and haruhi got married and rule the world as god and goddess...

Comment by balooooooo
    17:24 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

maybe..just maybe...all of these shenanigans are part
    of a well weaved plan by the marketing group behind season 2...they would want to stress out that haruhi has indeed "disappeared" XD

Comment by SiMiK
    20:09 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Seriosly....FUCK THAT....
    It looks like Haruhi second will be aired after my death

20:12 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Whatever it is, Haruhi is still my GOD! :D

Comment by Llortyos
    22:02 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

where is your god now?

20:40 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, I see this rerun as a double edged sword.

They actually may decide upon making a second season by measuring the numbers the rerun of the first generates.

IF it performs poorly, they can go like: Yeah, we knew it there wasn't enough viewers.

But IF it performs well, they're obligated in making a second season to milk the cow.

Your decision. ^^

Comment by Void
    17:47 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Will try Duke Nukem Forever when it comes. So I think I wait for the 2nd season. Every company needs to make money, so why don't go with something that a majority of the people want!

14:41 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

the second season will be air in the year 2021 xD ,Hugo Chavez said that...

14:29 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

figures, doujin, and good fan art will keep me fappin anyways till the 2nd season.

Comment by firebrigade
    Comment by neothoron
    15:35 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Who thought that such an announcement was worth Newtype's frontpage? Or, maybe more accurately, who paid for it?

Comment by Llortyos
    15:00 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It is so difficult to find a new dance?...

Comment by metatron
    14:55 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I won't lose faith to Haruhi but I've lost faith to KyoAni's marketing trollin'

Comment by Ravage
    21:00 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Meh~, it'll be produced at some point. I'm a patient guy, I could live with them doing K-On, Little Busters, FMP 4, and whatever before Haruhi 2.
    K-On looks fun as well, it should keep me fairly entertained. This spring has got a nice line-up of shows.

21:39 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

waited...

on 1 april 2009, "the rerun of suzumiya haruhi" aired..

then bam!

it is actually the second season

21:46 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

on 1 april 2009 2nd season aired??? Oh i forgot it's april mop so kadokawa not aired it. Damn it

Comment by fallacies
    00:05 14/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Where exactly do they breathlessly announce this? I can't find it in my issue of Newtype.

For reference, this is what I found:

"朝倉涼子: キョンの同級生。委員長で優等生の美少女。長門と同じマンションにすんでおり、ときどき手料理を差し入れているようす。きょうはおでんだ。でも彼女が、なぜここに?"

"Asakura Ryoko: Kyon's classmate, a beautiful honors student who happens to be the class representative. She lives in the same apartment building as Nagato, with whom it appears she occasionally shares her cooking. Today's menu is oden. But, how can she be here?"

"長門有希: 北高で唯一文芸部部員。静かに読書をしているのが好き。突然、おでんを持って現われた朝倉涼子に戸惑っているようす。彼女が見つめている人物とは、いったい...誰?"

"Nagato Yuuki: Northern Municipal's only Literary Club member. Likes to quietly read books. Appears to be a bit perplexed that Asakura Ryoko suddenly showed up with oden. But ... who is the person she's staring at?"

Obviously, this scene is content from The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi, even though the title of the new season is indicated to be "The Melancholy." Are we supposed to believe that this actually happened within the time frame of 1st season?

Though obviously, this isn't definite evidence that it won't be a rerun, has it occurred to you that perhaps they're doing a second season with the same title as the first?

Seriously, I don't find any "breathless announcement" anywhere. All it is is vagueness with serious hinting at Disappearance content.

Comment by neothoron
    06:24 14/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Could anyone confirm/inform this?

And in fact, has there been any precedent of a Newtype frontpage for a rerun?

Comment by Artefact

It's just a Haruhi true believer clutching at straws. There are whole threads of them on 2ch still. Every single credible source I have seen accepts that this is just a grotesquely marketed repeat.

Comment by fallacies
    13:51 14/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Truly credible?

There is no scan in this thread that explicitly indicates a rerun. There is nothing in the magazine that explicitly indicates a rerun. As I noted, all there is is vagueness -- not confirmation or denial.

The rumor of a rerun is being propagated by misinformed individuals who can't actually read Japanese and rely on similarly Japanese-illiterate blogs and other news sources for their information.

To be honest, I don't even really care if April is a rerun. The only reason I'm posting this at all is that the size of the misinformedness is getting to be disgraceful.

Comment by Artefact
    14:12 14/02/2009 # ! Questionable

Every single source I have been reading has been in Japanese. None of them have interpreted it as anything other than a rerun. We hardly ever use non-Japanese sources here so you have no case. Go and read some of them instead of trying to show off your Japanese.

Comment by fallacies
    14:18 14/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

So show me an official Kadokawa news release with text that explicitly references a "rerun" for the April season of Haruhi. You previously linked a J-Cast article where the reporters profess not being able to get a confirmation of content from Kadokawa.

Comment by Artefact

Can't you read?
    TVアニメ「涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱」、改めてテレ玉ほか独立U局などで4月から放送開始決定

Comment by Kaioshin Sama
    07:42 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think people may need to consider the old proverb, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". Sure Kadokawa are dicks, I've tried to tell people that for a long time and not to trust Newtype whenever they hype a coming issue, but anybody who bought it this time really should consider blaming themselves a little too.

Comment by CraniumC0re
    08:35 02/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I bring forth a good reason to keep hoping. *if there are any Brits here they will know this but just keep quiet till the end*. A good series can come back even after years, want a example? Red Dwarf (for those who dont know what this is your a smeg head). After years of waiting and asking it has returned.

Quality isnt the issue here tbh everyone here wants a resolve (I want MOAR Nagato but thats beside the point). Newtype dont lie often so have faith. With that said the only thing other than wait we can do is spam the hell out of the producers.

Comment by ROFLcopter
    Comment by SHUNsama
    09:47 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Meh I don't care even if it is the first season. I will still like Haruhi series even if they never release the 2nd season. I mean just because something doesn't have a sequel doesn't mean you should hate the first one all together. Besides I have the novels all though I want to know when the last book is going to come out.

01:41 08/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Cool. Now I can watch Code Geass!!!!
    =D

Comment by BuggyBY
    07:25 09/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Link incredibly related.

10:45 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't care anymore

Every last shred of hope in me is gone. No haruhi season 2, new president elected, economic downturn and the history channel broadcasting programs about armeggedon must be a sign. In a few more years we'll probably all be dead. So i guess we should give up our meaningless lives, build a bunker and watch anime til the end of days

Comment by Meatrose
    10:46 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Please, do NOT bash KyoAni for the marketing of Suzumiya Haruhi. They are NOT the trolls. Blame Kadokawa.

Comment by Tomo-pyon
    12:38 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Sorry, we're all ripping KyoAni for being big trolls.

10:48 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

and a fifth...

10:36 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm still raging from what they've previously done!

Comment by Hazard
    10:23 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Why would any one be exited or satisfied over a TV repeat... I've re watched it three times since it first aired, years ago, and I'm over it.

Comment by Atsuke
    10:29 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You can watch a fourth.

Comment by Zing
    12:08 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

We can do that right now, without a re-run on TV. Who even has a TV aerial connected, aside from the people who are ripping the raws? :-)

10:52 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

but where will the anime come from? all the creators will be dead mr last-man-on-earth. face it ur best bet is to stick with nicholas cage, its the only way u'll survive.

Comment by motaku96
    11:04 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well they're not saying anything about season 2 and they may not have even started it yet, but it would make sense to show the first season again so that they can get as many viewers as possible for the "eventual" release of season 2. It might not be that far off. If I was KyoAni(which I'm not) I'd make a big deal about a re-airing of season 1 to get previous non-haruhi viewers interested so that they can snatch them up for the new season. Of course this is all just wishful thinking but if this is what they have in mind, then well played KyoAni.

Comment by Darkoneko
    14:51 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

keep dreaming...

Comment by Kageryu
    11:09 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I've said it once, twice, probably even three times.

I still hold faith.

Comment by exia
    13:50 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

you will be rewarded with your faith in the year 2012 when they will air the Rerun for the 3rd Time.

11:12 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Now your just in denial.

Comment by Jarmel
    12:08 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Why is he in Egypt?

Comment by DriftWise
    11:09 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Sarcasm, its a good thing XD

but seriously, F***, for the love of god stop TAUNTING US!!!! DAMN YOUU NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH COMMITTEE!!!

Comment by Peanutbutter003
    10:59 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe they'll include the DVD extras in this rerun.

I may just keep tab on this, just to see if they're trying something. Even different animation warrants attention.

Haruhi-sama is not your typical girl after all.

Comment by Palmtop Tiger
    10:54 07/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Huh, who is Haruho?

Oh, K-On! better have good music/dance scenes and openings, seeing as it's centered around a band. (Maybe this is the band "that girl" was going to start.