New Toradora! / A Certain Magical Index OPs

toradora_2nd_op_taiga

a_certain_magical_index_2nd_op_index

Quality loli tsundere and loli moe nun anime Toradora! and A Certain Magical Index (or To Aru Majutsu no Index) have introduced new OPs for their second cours, both starting at episodes #17.

You may see both below in HD and compare/contrast to the original OPs…

Toradora! 2nd OP

[Silky Heart], by 堀江 由衣 / Yui Horie

If some parts seem reminiscent of the 1st ED, Vanilla Salt, that would easily be explained by the same singer-seiyuu Yui Horie (Minori Kushieda, Love Hina’s Narusegawa Naru) performing both songs.

Taiga is most moesome…

A Certain Magical Index 2nd OP

[masterpiece], by 川田まみ / Mami Kawada

Index and Mikoto are cute as ever, and Komoe’s bit should be appealing to most watchers.

Seeing Kuroko’s hair as she jumps around is also quite a treat.

05:17 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Toradora's is decent much like its predecessor, while Index's I didn't like so much. The first Index OP reminded me of Higurashi's first OP (don't ask why, I don't know), this one is just mundane in comparison without the air of mystery, action sequences or even much loli moe Indekkusu.

On the other hand, Misha Kreuzhev. Fuck yeah.

04:19 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

To Aru Majutsu's 2nd OP by Kawada Mami sounds like the style used by her comrade, Kotoko, for the 2nd OP for Shana II.
    The songs sound unbearable as they start and only picks up with the 'real voice' of the singers before the chorus.

Comment by Jin Stevens
    02:40 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I like To Aru's new OP, not as much as the first, but I like it. Don't care of Toradora's OP only because the first one was so catchy. I'm hoping it will grow on me but I doubt it.

Comment by Senrai
    02:12 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Index's OP is way too slow for the song.

Toradora is fine although i'll stick with the novel and won't advance in the anime.

Comment by lightningsabre
    09:40 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I was actually wondering when they'll have a new Index OP because the original OP animation's characters have come and gone already. [masterpiece] is not a masterpiece for me yet, may take a few more episodes to get used to it and catch on.

PSImissing and Pre-Parade were 2 of my favourite songs from last season. I can't help but notice how they've barely included Kitamura in the new OP...

Comment by MaidNiac
    11:57 12/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Quality animation by JC Stuffs..<3

Btw, Shirley from Code Geass in 0:34.

Comment by flaskis
    01:55 01/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Love the new Toradora! OP! I've been listening to it a number of times the past days. Both the music and opening animation are top notch, and here's a HD version on Youtube that I think deserves posting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIs9UJxalkI&fmt=22 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIs9UJxalkI&fmt=22]

I still have a hard time liking the new Index OP. I usually like Kawada Mami's songs, but this one is a bit lower than her usual standard.

(I dunno why my comment from this morning didn't appear here, but I guess I didn't quite wait for it to load)

Comment by flaskis
    18:49 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Index OP is a bit meh. I usually fall in love with Kawada Mami's songs at once, but this one's not that good. Who knows, after a few plays it might be good.

But the Toradora! OP is just so damn good! I've listened to it 10-20 times the past days, and it just gets better and better.

Btw, here's a link to the "HD" version of the Toradora! OP on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIs9UJxalkI&fmt=22 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIs9UJxalkI&fmt=22]

Comment by Rakushu
    01:56 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Index's first OP suited much better to the series than the second one. Toradora's new OP is great and I really like it, in fact it's much better than the first one, IMO.

Comment by Artefact

I can't help but think they've just substituted in some bland cloned J-pop for what was at least a little different.

Comment by metatron
    23:54 30/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I so need to catch up on my animu watching

Comment by Ripdog
    23:39 30/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hmph, the last Index opening was much better, this one sounds like someone got all the techno sounds in garage band and stuck them all in 1:30.

Comment by イチロ イノ (Ichiro Ino)
    23:34 30/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Been observing latley... why is it that most of the time.. the googles ads are not that quite related to the content? just asking

Comment by NitWit005
    12:59 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Advertisers would have to chose interesting keywords to match against this site... =)

Comment by Quen
    13:05 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What, words like tsundere, loli, petanko and panchira aren't in the Oxford English Dictionary by now?

Comment by Artefact

Because Google ads are rubbish? They won't be around here for much longer.

Comment by Mobius_1
    23:12 30/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This show is pretty awesome, I'll wait to see the new op with the new ep tonight, coalguys got it up already.

Comment by Sorrior
    23:23 30/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Okay index is waaaaay to cute. But on a simlar note so i'm assuming i'm not the only one here who wold screw pretty much anyone in To aru majutsu no index.

Comment by Chris
    07:39 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Anyone indeed! I dare say I'd even like a piece of Touma's ass. Aw hell, full cast orgy!

Comment by Pedobear
    23:54 30/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i knew i wasn't alone with that thought! i'd even tap that maid girl spinning on top of that bot. and even if kanzaki isn't loli, she has legs that can kill.

Comment by iragedsohard
    12:13 02/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Get back to /b/.

Comment by Quen
    00:04 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I like all the girls too - notice the avatar. ^^

I couldn't resist mentioning Kuroko's hair since seeing that sort of impossible anime hair is a bit of a fetish of mine...

Comment by Miroku74
    01:00 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Prehensile anime hair ftw!

Comment by Pedobear
    00:00 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

damn. the first two ops were waaaaaay better than these :( or maybe it hasnt grown on me yet...but still. i liked the first ones the first time i heard them :(

01:06 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

And so, with the coming of new OPs, the cries of the internet join together in a blaring chorus.

"The first OP was better."

Of course, Toradora's first OP was really good, so I guess I can't talk like I am enlightened or something.

Comment by Persocom
    01:53 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I like the new Index OP, the new Toradora one is alright but Pre-Parade was much more my style.

Comment by Shadowstitch
    12:17 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, I still like the 1st Toradora OP better myself.

Comment by Miroku74
    01:04 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Toradora's second Opening song seems well-suited for it though. To Aru Majutsu no Index's though.... nope. The first Opening Song sounded MUCH better. That's just my own opinion.

Comment by clannadfanboy132
    00:33 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Magical Index's opening is boring. They should get Uverworld or Abingdon Boys School to do an opening. Not this girly music.

It's like a sin to have a guy sing the theme song for a bishoujo anime these days. Not like I would mind.