New Gundam SEED Theatrical Film Due Soon?

gundam_seed_new_movie_lacus

The Anime Newtype Channel’s blog reports Gundam SEED head screenwriter Chiaki Morosawa as suggesting there will be an official announcement (on the SEED movie) coming soon at the recent Kadokawa Shoten New Year’s party.

The Gundam SEED storyline, beginning with the 2002 original series and continued by the 2005 Gundam SEED: Destiny sequel, has been in limbo since writer Morosawa’s problems with cancer surfaced in 2008 and the unnamed theatrical film that is said to wrap up the SEED storyline has since been on hiatus.

kadokawa_new_years_chiaki_morosawa

The writer of Anime Newtype Channel’s blog, professional author Shinya Yamada, spoke of inquiring about the new Gundam SEED movie during a meeting with Chiaki Morosawa (pictured above on the right) but did not offer any details of her response. When pressed by a commentor on the site for more information, he responded:

As a fan myself, I am quite concerned about it (the film) as well.

In any case, it does seem that there will be an announcement coming soon, so please wait a bit longer.

Not a confirmation by any stretch of the imagination, but it at least a sign of Morosawa’s intent to continue writing the SEED series’ final story.

Via Anime Newtype Channel.

Comment by Mendagu
    15:32 30/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I can't believe they still want to make a story about C.E. again. C.E. sucks.

20:17 29/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

*facepalm* People started to put faith in gundam series again thanks to 00. and now Gundam Seed Movie? Might as well say goodbye to gundam series

Comment by J.C
    19:48 29/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

OOh this is a really good news so they decided to put an end to that series.Uh uh I'm so happy. Time to continue with 00 then

22:31 02/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

lol whut? who cares seed series or 00? i enjoyed watchin' all gundam series since the origin.. :P

Comment by Richard
    14:14 10/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree, Seed and Destiny were not the best but were enjopyable to a Gundam fan. Could they have been better? Yes, very much so. 00 seems to blend elements from Seed, Wing and Full Metal Panic if you watch it closely.

Comment by Alexus_Z3
    19:22 29/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Meh Seed is a fail anime. They just want wrap it up and get done with it. 00 is alot better than seed

Comment by kuro
    15:34 29/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think SEED is best anime with good rating and dvd sales..
    if you say SEED is failure then what about gundam 00 with rating and dvd sale below SEED?
    for me 00 is anime with bad story, strange politic, lame action (man..please fight more than 2 minute),always come a new unit/part almost every episode.. who you think you're, doraemon with his miracle pocket..
    Graham, since when you obsessed to japan's culture (mr bushido, masurao)..what the hell
    00 is just an expensive trash

22:05 09/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hey, you're not NinjaXSnake, are you?

Pfft, whether you are or you aren't, you're clearly into mindless soap opera 'war drama' crap and are as spoiled as hell. "GIMME MOAR FIGHTS!!!1!" "OMG YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH CULTURE!1!!" "SALES MEAN EVERYTHING!1!!!"

People liked Destiny, and SEED, for some, a whole lot less than 00.

Petulant shit.

Comment by Rinfinite
    16:51 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I need more Flay, Abby, and Shiho Hahnenfuss.

Comment by FlameGod
    16:33 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Fail series would always fail

just let it rest in peace will ya

16:19 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

wha seed movie? mediocre at the most

Comment by BlueGemini
    15:46 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Gundam SEED Destiny didn't quite that good.. I like the first SEED series instead.

Comment by Aoshi
    20:55 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Did Lacus take an overdose of growth hormones? Those look more like cow udders than anything else.

And i think they should leave CE alone. Shit started to turn EPIC after Flay screwed Kira.

Comment by metatron
    23:22 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

SEED Destiny is trash

Comment by masamune
    14:54 29/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

gundam 00 is suck..
    i want more SEED

10:48 16/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT THE MOVIE!!! PUT THE MONEY FOR BETTER USES!!!

Comment by Myles Thomas
    12:23 27/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

First of all anyone here who has shown ANY dissrespect toward the creator of this show regarding the said ilness makes me feel physically sick, and you should be ashamed you insensitive bastards. Do you know what cancer IS? Can you imagine what it would be like if you or someone you LOVE had this affliction!? You don't have a fucking clue. Secondly, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and here's mine:
    I LOVE seed, and I don't feel exactly the same about Destiny, but I did really enjoy it. I found Destiny upsetting for a few reasons: Firstly, Kira and Athrun are such close freinds, there is no way the'd have such a huge difference of opinion, and even so would NEVER turn against each other after all they've been though. Secondly, Athrun learned ALOT in seed and became very wise, there is NO WAY he would just side with Zaft again and follow some weird plan to control everyones minds, and I thought they overplayed the idea that he was lost and confused, and made him look like a neive and lost fool. I understand however that the writer was trying to make the characters more human, so they make mistakes, get confused, and forget what they've learned... I can respect that. However I really don't like the implication that Athrun and Cagalli have split up, and the way Athrun treated her in the later part of the series, which I personally, thought was out of character. But I guess people have relationship problems too... And it's not impossible they may yet get together again, as they clearly have feelingsfor each other. Shinn was a fool, but I felt sorry for him at the same time, and I can understand what happened to him.
    So I can deal with my reasons for not LOVING destiny like I did seed, and get over them I guess. I would LOVE a proper movie, and I REALLY hope it happens, and that Cagalli and Athrun get together again!! lol Also, don't forget that Destiny showed us that Mu Laflaga is still alive. I liked that.

Finally, I wish the creator and their family the best of good health and prosperity, and may God be with them and keep them safe.

From a real fan ^_~

Comment by PrinceHeir
    04:15 16/06/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

love the pic :D lacus FTW :)

03:55 30/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

ID just be realy happy if they could at least make a fucking movie that ends the series hwere everyone is happy and kira actuly kissing lacus and maby some babys but not another fucked up ending so you dont know what is going to happen next, i realy hope the produsers read this. Put an end to all the complaining end SEED with some dignity!!!

03:56 30/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

PS i feel realy bad that the guy got canser

01:30 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

ok who care if u al like it or not! let face it there are ppl out hear that do like it and wants the ending 2 it like me! so what i want know is how much loner are we all going 2 have 2 hold out??? ppl want the end of the show and its time we got it. sry his wife is sick but come on make the movie already its been years. and the way i see it if u can make all the other gundams thin put ur hands 2 work and finsh up the seed saga!

05:57 18/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

please don't
    just stop
    what ever the hell you want them to do
    just dont
    just because it's seed
    never forget
    universal century
    the only true gundam century
    the rest can go to hell
    look at 00's movie
    it reeked of shit
    pretty boys have no place on the battle field
    no zaku boys, no fucking zaku
    young kids falling into cockpit of mechas
    is the only way to go
    14 year olds:
    only type of pretty boys taht should be allowed on the battle field
    now if you will excuse me
    i have a hate mail to write

alternate universe gundam series with pretty boys
    the twilight of the gundam franchise

00:28 02/11/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

My cynical side tell me that Morosawa's "cancer" excuse means that she's going through a Creator Breakdown phase, which also affected Hideaki Anno through Evangelion and Tomino throughout Victory Gundam.

Not to mention rumors that Lacus is Morosawa's Self-Insert/Mary Sue/Author Avatar, and she was rumored to have cosplayed as Lacus whenever she appears at various anime conventions in Japan.

01:52 27/10/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

so is been a long time.... ppl have been holding off for a long time for the end to GS and GSD. i think its about time they move on from his wife being ill and make the movie. i mean u can only hold off fans for so long before they just get sick of it. i want the end to it! i want to know what happens with caga/athru! at this point they can keep kira out of it with lacus ( thinks that's right) they tend 2 over run the others in GSD. so pop them in and right back out if need be but for god sake give ppl the movie we have been holding off for years! give us a wrap up would u. i am sry ur wife is sick but come one if u can make gundam 00 thin wheres the rest of seed.

04:16 03/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Or a clone of Fllay! ;-)

04:15 03/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe Morosawa and Fukuda could add a character in the movie who's related to Fllay and her dad and wants to avenge their deaths.

Comment by ATMalicious
    08:08 23/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Send 00 to destroy all of Seed

12:06 04/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

this movie would be good if kira dies trying to save some hot bitch but,...it has to be some dramatic explosion that while watching the screen, ur eyes will turn blind.....then i'll totally buy it...lol... d:)

Comment by Myles Thomas
    12:26 27/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Furthermore, I like seed better anyway, I find it more emotionally satisphying. But I do love 00 as well, and look forward to the dubbing of its second season. G 00 is REALLY tragic though... WHY DOES LOCK-ON HAVE TO DIE!?
    bah.....

Comment by AlternativeWhim
    12:10 23/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

UGH.

Even if the movie was made, it'll just be a big ass clip show with maybe five minutes of original story, given the fact that that was exactly what most of Destiny was.

Japan, let the fucking travesty die.

14:36 09/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

If you posted a comment here well i gotta say get the fuck over it if you were the writer of seed well maybe you could have done somehing but you cant so go to some other website and get over it

Comment by Vejita
    05:55 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, unlike most of the people here (and everywhere else on the internet it seems), I rather enjoyed SEED and Destiny (all of it). Destiny was the series that made me obsessed with the Gundam franchise, so I will definetely be looking forward to seeing a movie.

Comment by Richard
    14:10 10/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I am a Gundam fan as a whole. I own all the series released here in the USA. Most people worship Gundam Wing because it was the first to introduce them to Gundam, as I was. However after stepping back and watching them over, Gundam Wing suffered from a lot of poor animation. Over all the series was enjoyable but not the best, especially considering how over powered the Gundam were.

Now if you apply that to Seed. Seed and Destiny had goods and bads. Seed and Destiny had a good animation quality. And could have been far better. Especially Destiny. However over use of clip shows (no less back to back clip shows) and an overly emotional protaganist in Shin and Kira (I am a Kira fan), it was hard to connect to the story aside from Atharun.

All in all i really did enjoy Seed and Destiny however they could have been far better.

Comment by Greenie
    06:04 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

agreed,
    hell it's not like gundam shows are known to be innovative in their major plot
    it's all about the raw action and the emotions that come with it

I loved every episode of both SEED and SEED Destiny

Comment by train
    08:13 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

fuk yeah more kira haxing orgasism fun cant wait for it !!!!!

Comment by HungryGhost
    16:12 19/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Honestly, I LOVE Seed and Seed Destiny. I watched Gundam series before them, and I enjoyed them as much as I did the Seed ones.

I'd like a movie that continues and gives a correct ending for these series.

(Yeah, Shinn still gets on my nerves, though...)

Comment by Quen
    06:05 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

SEED and SEED Destiny certainly does have a lot of fans in Japan at least - Destiny is the best selling anime TV series on DVD in history, if memory serves.

Comment by Jarmel
    07:33 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Just because the masses like it doesn't make it quality.

Comment by retsnom
    11:21 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

dunno why it replied to you, should've been a new comment.

Comment by retsnom
    11:20 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Damn, shitty series won't die. The only thing I liked about the Seed series was the Astray storyline, too bad that won't go anywhere. Oh and I also hate them for giving hacks like Hirai Hirashi jobs.

Comment by Vejita
    09:37 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

....you know, I can see what youre saying. But at the same time, it doesnt make sense. If alot of people like it, then there has to be a pretty good reason as to why, you know? In another words, it has to have atleast some kind of quality for the masses to enjoy.

Comment by gundamjehutykai
    06:00 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I guess I could accept a movie if it completely retcons the whole of Destiny. God that series was trash...

05:53 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Fucking Morosawa. Should've just stayed home recovering from cancer and never touch a Gundam series again.

05:47 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

FUCK YEAR... more JESUS

Comment by Icy-nee-san
    05:43 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What be this "Gundam Seed" you speak off! I REMEMBER NO SUCH THING!

Comment by D-Trigger
    07:24 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

With the Gundam 30th Anniversary confirmed to be a Universal Century based series i doubt very seriously that a Seed movie is immanent. Also take into account that Morosawa was not even part of the production team for Gundam Seed Stargazer. i doubt Morosawa will be involved with a Seed Movie if there is one due to the trouble and money Sunrise had to waist because of her.

Comment by Vejita
    09:33 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I keep hearing this whole bit about UC being 30th anniversary project. I have yet to see any official announcement on that.

22:02 09/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Unicorn. That is all.

Comment by ZippyDSMlee
    07:01 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Uhg seed needs to die....

06:52 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

hope this isnt just a rip-off of F91.
    and the lack of epic rivalry between characters makes Seed suck even more.

05:34 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh GOD.... Fuck with SEED...

I'll never watch them...