Haruhi-chan Anime Dated

haruhi-chan-dated

Haruhi parody anime “The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan”, has received full and official dating for its airing on YouTube.

The show will be “airing” on the Kadokawa Anime Channel starting auspiciously on Friday the 13th of February (2009), at 22:00 JST. A weekly release schedule seems to be planned.

It seems the earlier story about the series tarrying in production may (must) have only applied to Lantis providing the musical score; a few weeks to complete the music sounds odd, but is presumably possible.

Might this mean we can actually expect a genuine announcement regarding season 2, rather than PR shenanigans? Fans are unlikely to be holding their breath…

14:01 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

So basically this is a parody anime of a parody anime?

Comment by Geerie
    17:43 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

that sounds worse than it should. it sounds like when you make a clone of a clone and it comes out all SPED. god i hope its not as bad as you just made it seem.

Comment by battleknight45
    09:52 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

woah! Friday the 13th? what a choice..

Comment by lordchair
    10:07 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The -ism fears no number.

Comment by Tommy
    10:20 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Finally, haruhi-tan is climbing out of youtube!~

Comment by Kurosaki Ichigo
    20:05 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I can't find that video on youtube, can anyone please show me a link?

Comment by Bananjan
    06:44 25/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Read this article, everything you need to now is there.

Comment by Tyciol
    14:01 16/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This is great, even though I prefer to download, I don't mind streaming (like joost for Naruto sine the DB drop), and if the ads make the original company money, power to them.

08:20 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe there will be a guest appearance of kyonko.Its a parody anime after all...

Comment by motaku96
    07:40 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

YES!!! I've been waiting for this.

04:14 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

uh, is this a rehash of the first season just with chibis or 'new' content with chibis?

04:31 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The characters personalities are different. I'll spare you the details since it won't do justice explaining it, but for one example, Yuki is an eroge gamer.

It's quite better than the original story.

Comment by Cat Megex
    12:41 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Heh...I'm sure the Computer Club would enjoy having a female eroge player. XD

Comment by edgydog
    03:37 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I still don't understand why the Haruhi animé had so much success...
    I mean, I watched it a few days ago, and what's so great about it ?

10:51 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I haven't read the novel but so what if it's good? The one we're talking about is the anime and the anime really doesn't deserve all the hype it got. If you're saying that I need to read the novel before I can enjoy the anime then that would only mean that the anime was a bad adaptation. A good adaptation should be able to stand on it's own.

Comment by Sil
    18:09 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hell, did i ever said that reading the light novel is required to like the anime? I only said read the light novel, and you'll understand why the anime is great.

As Typewriter said above, "Also, there is also the light novels to consider. Maybe there are actually fans of the books who expect greatness from the continuing seasons."

It's the exact same reason, as a novelphile it's the story that attracts me the most. Hell, I myself don't even understand what's the hype, but it's because of the damn story that kept me watching it.

21:41 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You've just contradicted yourself there. According to you I need to read the light novel before I understand why the anime is great. So if I don't read the light novel I won't understand why it's great then. That's what we call a bad adaptation. A lot of great mangas have bad adaptations and those bad adaptations got thrashed by people and rightly so.

I, myself, am a manga reader and also an anime watcher. Just because I love the manga won't necessarily mean I'll also love the anime. Of course it depends how they do it and like I said. A good adaptation should be able to stand on it's own. If I watch it and I felt it wasn't great then that's it. It's pointless to argue that it's great cause the light novel is great.

Comment by Emcivy
    00:47 25/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

mmhh. you see, I get your point, however the anime is a great adaptation of what its about (first novel and some stand-alone chapters of other novels), but the first season does not show the "greatness" (just to say it someway) of the whole series because it is not an adaptation of the whole series. Maybe the next season will bring some more light on the awesomeness of the whole history.

02:39 25/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I see. Well it may be a "great adaptation" of the first novel and those stand-alone chapters but in the end the anime failed to show what's great about the series(and they had 14 episodes to work on that) so it's not surprising why some of us feel that it didn't deserve all the hype it got.

Let's take a look at Kannagi. The anime adaptation of Kannagi also covered only a few volumes of the manga but at least I can say that Kannagi has entertained me more than Haruhi ever did. Even for an incomplete adaptation it provided more than Haruhi ever did and that's only with 12 episodes.

The light novel maybe great but it's a fact that the anime did fail to show what's great about the series and because of that people like me who didn't check the light novel will end up dismissing it as all hype no substance. An average anime at best and if the animation quality wasn't high I'd outright say that the anime was bad.

Comment by Sabotei
    04:04 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Other than its a great anime, its just great.

Comment by Artefact

It's vapid and devoid of any real story. All it has are some charming characters, which seems to have been enough.

Comment by FallsFromGrace
    08:25 25/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Surely as well:

7. Rock Chick in Bunny Costume

Comment by SaruDa
    04:14 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ooh, that sounds like Lucky Star.

Comment by edgydog
    04:26 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

No no, Lucky Star IS great.

Comment by Kaioshin Sama
    06:39 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Same concept, judgement plaintiff.

Comment by Spoony Bard
    06:55 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I always thought that Haruhi's story was interesting. Kyon trying to appease a hyperactive school girl with godlike powers in order to prevent her from destroying the world and starting over was certainly original.

Comment by Xavi
    07:19 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Okay it didn't had a magnificent story but:

1. It was funny and an overall good comedy.
    2. The characters were genuine.
    3. The voice actors were fabulous, and the characters were well played by them.
    5. The animation was superb and fluid. Artistically pleasing and in depth, something that is getting rare these days.
    6. Hell, even the OP/EP were good, EVEN I liked them a bit.

So yeah it wasn't mind blowing but it was a quality product.

04:11 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Me too lol. I mean I've watched it back then and I don't get why it's so overhyped. Not saying it is bad but IMO it's average at best. Only thing I can think of why it got so much hype is the dance sequence at the ending credits and meh... it's just an ending sequence.

Comment by edgydog
    04:28 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think too that the Haruhi dance was a big part of the series success.

Comment by Typewriter
    09:29 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Or maybe it's the other way around? The Haruhi anime was a big part of the dance success? Since it is certainly not the first animation to have dances in it.

Ultimately, and I say this with a fear that I may be going out of limb, perhaps it is just a matter of differing taste.

Comment by edgydog
    19:14 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Like they say, "every man to his taste"... ;)
    And about the manga, maybe the story is more detailed in it.
    I need to get my hands on it someday.

Comment by Scotty
    06:27 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I find it hard to believe that you find Lucky Star great, and not Haruhi.
    They're both amazing, how can you not see what's so awesome with Haruhi?

Comment by iapfah
    05:28 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Likable characters, interesting concept, high production value. I don't see anything AMAZING about it, but it's very good.

Comment by thenightsshadow
    03:03 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It's on YouTube. They don't have to DO anything except last-minute <_<

Comment by Lucy_Nyuu
    03:05 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

finally.

a big day for every haruhi fan - YES WE CAN!!!

Comment by XSportSeeker
    03:34 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Comment by XSportSeeker
    03:23 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

YES WE MEGAS CAN ~nyoro

Because Churuya-san is also coming!

Comment by Kageryu
    09:38 25/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

YES WE CAN!!!

09:10 26/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

YES WE CAN!!!!!

Comment by Bernd
    06:47 19/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Sieg Heil!

03:24 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Not really big...
    When they announce a season two then it will be

Comment by maxchain
    05:56 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

JESUS CHRIST IT'S ESCAPING YOUTUBE

CLOSE THE TAB, CLOSE THE TAB

Comment by metatron
    17:23 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

THE CLOSE BUTTON DOESN'T WORK!!! ><

06:13 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Best comment ever.

05:00 24/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Personally they've waited too long to the point where this fan, just doesnt give a damn anymore.