toradora_index_cafe_event_00

A nekomimi themed maid café in Akihabara will be holding a special “Toradora x Index” event next week, with the menu offering the likes of “Minori‘s Purin” and “Index‘s Donburi”.

The maids are sure to be dressed in appropriate cosplay, plus there is the promise of limited edition presents to customers, and even the opportunity to pay $40 to eat from the “Purin Bucket”, better known here as Minorin’s Raep Bucket.

The café, Cafe With Cat, is located on the 2nd floor of major doujinshi retailer Tora no Ana‘s main Akihabara store, presumably themed to go along with the chain’s cat mascot (not to mention the otaku taste for maids wearing nekomimi cosplay including furry ears and tails).

This sort of themed event is actually not uncommon at the cafe, which has held To Love-Ru, Sekirei and Hidamari Sketch events in the past. These events involve decorating the cafe with posters and art from the series, the maids cosplaying characters from the series, and a special menu themed to the show.

The Toradora! x Index event menu reads as follows (also viewable on the official website):

toradora_index_cafe_event

toradora_index_cafe_event_01

Taiga’s Sweet Curry – ¥900

We made a Sweet Curry that would be suitable for even delicate tongued Taiga. We tried to make the appearance of the dish invoke “The Handheld Tiger”.

toradora_index_cafe_event_02

Minori’s Purin / Index’s Purin – ¥600

We prepared purin (crème caramels) based on both of these characters from Toradora! and Toaru Majutsu no Index.

Please try both and compare! ♪

toradora_index_cafe_event_03

Ami’s Drink – ¥600

We made this to suit the dual-personality character of Ami.

Mix, and a new face of it becomes revealed…

toradora_index_cafe_event_04

Index’s Donburi – ¥900

We prepared the same donburi (rice bowl) that Index ate, with canned pike and katsuobushi (dried bonito). It’s filled with ingredients that cats love, so Index might have to fight for it, maybe.

toradora_index_cafe_event_05

Kinako Condensed Milk – ¥600

Mikoto kicked a vending machine, and a lot of this suspicious looking drink came out.

Special Menu Item – Purin Bucket – ¥4000

A purin bucket limited to one serving per day. ♪

Personally, I would like to try the rather unappetizing looking Index”s Donburi (simply because it’s somehow related to Index) and Minori’s Purin (simply because of the raep bucket pictures)…

Attendees to the event are promised an original Toradora! x Index drink coaster, plus a “special item” if a receipt from the café is presented on Tora no Ana’s 1st floor.

The Toradora! x Index event is scheduled to run for 5 days, from Jan. 21 to Jan. 25.

Details are available at the Cafe With Cat Events page, and pictures of past events at the cafe are viewable at their Reports page.

Comment by metatron
    02:15 17/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Love to try out Minori's Purin/Index's Purin and Ami's drink also =3

Comment by Icy-nee-san
    23:52 16/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

the Minori’s Purin / Index’s Purin looks realy really good :drool:

Comment by kenjiharima
    00:41 17/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

In all the places I've been one thing is for certain. There is nothing to satisfy you like great tasting food. Yum!

Comment by Spoony Bard
    05:42 17/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I wouldn't mind sampling some of Taiga's sweet curry, hehe.

Makes me sad that we don't have something like this in America, but then I'm reminded how disastrous Western cosplay attempts have been in the past.

Comment by Tommy
    19:01 17/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The purin they serve look appetizing. I want to go T_T. 4000 Yen for the rape bucket is quite expensive and they just make one a day only.

Comment by Ohkikaze
    07:20 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

damn it i have to whip myself to learn proper japanese already so i can finally move over!!!

I really love the details like the description of the taiga sweet curry and the Bucket, it shows that they actually care for the series, and dont just make it a marketing trick with halfassd putting up some posters and dressing up as characters they dont even know (like it would be here if such an event was made for any reasons -_-)

13:14 17/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

ami's drink looks fancy to me somehow XD the red is on top but the rest is white ^_^ me want

07:27 17/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"Ami-chan with the whip please." (EP 13)

Comment by iapfah
    10:33 17/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

CHOU MORUZE

Comment by Exiled98
    19:42 16/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

1 of everything please ^^ is tasting time ! and is goona be satisfying ^^

Comment by Miroku74
    19:55 16/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

'Taiga's Sweet Curry'.

A more fitting sexual food innuendo would be hard to find. XD I happen to like curry myself, and I'd be interested in sampling that. Not to mention taking in the sight of nekomimi maid and themed cosplay...

Too bad I'm over HERE (U.S.), and they'll be serving it over THERE (Japan). T_T

Comment by exia
    00:54 17/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

alas i feel your pain as i am in the same boat. id like to try the curry as well, i dunno, eatin that and watching some nice cosplay walk around would make my day.

Comment by Zelgadis4tw
    00:49 17/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Indeed, makes me sad that we live in the US right now. ; ;

19:24 16/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Sheiku! Sheiku! Sheiku wa mitsu!

Comment by basilio
    19:04 16/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I would get the "purin"/creme caramel pictured, though it looks more like ice cream on milkshake or whatever to me... mmmmm strawberry... does that thing even relate to the character at all?... meh, it's the food that counts =P...

And of course, the purin bucket! Haha, man, love purin!... of course, I can like make it myself at home... for like a fraction of the money.

Hmmmm... as for the cosplay, I wonder how THAT would turn out... two small (in terms of body size and structure)/loli/pettanko main characters... highly doubt they'll have anything close to that.

Comment by Chrouya
    22:53 16/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wait, I didn't quite understand your last lines...highly doubting they'll have pettanko cosplayers? You kiddin' me?

Comment by basilio
    03:21 17/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

No, what I meant was that since Taiga and Index have child-like body structure (they are short, small, AND flat, not just flat), I doubt the waitresses will be able to shrink themselves.

Comment by Bastille
    03:36 17/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Not that rare to find girls who are short as well as flat chested, I've dated several.

Though where I live also has a nice asian population to it so that does help.

Comment by basilio
    04:04 17/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Huh, I guess I will take that back then ><"... lol come to think of it, relative to North Americans, Japanese people are quite short, are they not?

Comment by Chrouya
    10:53 17/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

If you compare them, yeah, they're quite short indeed.

Comment by lightningsabre
    18:58 16/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow a ¥4000 purin bucket?? It's mighty expensive, but I have no doubt someone will order it right away since it's limited to one per day.

Taiga's Sweet Curry and Kinako Condensed Milk highly interests me.

19:02 16/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't think I'll be able to look at that Purin Bucket without thinking of a certain male secretion...

Everything else looks plain...but heh I don't think you go to these stores to for the food.

Comment by Yoichi
    19:58 16/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Index's donburi looks very delicious to me
    the price is also not too expensive

although I think the main reason people would want to visit the cafe is for seeing the waitress :p

Comment by EcureuilMatrix
    20:04 16/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Pudding by the bucketful?

Team effort! Team effort!

Comment by Tyris
    22:16 16/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Place was featured in the Doujin Work anime.
    Nice place, hot girls... was XMas themed when I went (xmas day 2006) :3

Comment by Miroku74
    23:18 16/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I haet you. ><

/envy

Comment by dodgethis
    22:44 16/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Imagine this place being the subject of a Kitchen Nightmare episode. That was all I could think about looking at the captions of the various dishes.

'Fuck. Me Senseless.'

21:46 16/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm so gonna miss this event!
    T_T

Comment by KonaKona4
    21:22 16/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That curry looked like diarrhoeah

Comment by BuggyBY
    20:10 16/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't suppose anyone here works at JAL/ANA and could smuggle me into the luggage compartment of a flight to Narita?

Comment by Miroku74
    20:16 16/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Pressurized or not, it'd be a cold, bumpy trip.... and looong.

I'd rather try getting to Mexi-hole by being dragged behind a couple of bulls high on PCP. With one leg tied to each bull. It'd be quicker.