New Haruhi TV Anime Details Due

haruhi-new-season-perhaps-1

The February edition of Newtype promises “big news about the Suzumiya Haruhi TV anime” in the March edition. All speculation focuses on this being regarding the hugely anticipated and much belated second series.

Fans have immediately split into two raging camps, those who regard this as provocation designed to stimulate interest about some lesser event, or perhaps a pathetic tidbit along the lines of Haruhi’s new hairstyle, and those who think this to be the One True Announcement heralding the airdates for the new series.

haruhi-new-season-perhaps-2

Given the incredible vapidity of most Haruhi marketing and the unfavourable ratio of gimmicks and publicity stunts to actual news of import, the more sceptical observers do have a point. However, it seems to be “about time”  for the anime (that is to say, people are going to start forgetting about it and not caring soon, even the author has stopped churning out books).

Still, it seems they couldn’t get away with, for example, announcing a repeat or some such as being “big news”, could they? Not without bringing a torch wielding mob down upon themselves…

More sly and irrelevant material designed to incite fan speculation and anticpation, or actual news regarding the almost mythical new season?

haruhi-new-season-perhaps

Comment by Stin
    08:47 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Amazing news ? "We're still making it !"

09:50 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I loved Haruhi when it came out, LOVED it, but I can't seem to get myself excited about this. It's been so long since season 1, and we've been faked out about season 2 so many times, I just can't keep my boner up any longer.

08:27 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody much?

Comment by Dynasty
    08:19 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"[...] even the author has stopped churning out books."

Check your sources, Artefact; the tenth volume, 涼宮ハルヒの驚愕, has already been announced for publication.

Comment by Artefact

The rate of Haruhi book publication has undeniably taken a nosedive.

Comment by Jarmel
    10:15 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Where have you seen any sort of release date? I have heard and seen nothing of the sort.

Comment by ow
    12:36 27/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I 2 Still have hope for Haruhi 2nd season and the rise of christ and the cures for cancer. Way to go Kageryu!

Comment by ow
    12:44 27/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

BIG NEWS PEEPS! THE AIR DATE OF HARUHI THE 2nd SEASON IS CONFIRMED! IT IS JULY 7 2009! Its A miracle!

Comment by tessa_fan
    08:48 10/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

WTF? WHERE IS MY FUCKING FULL METAL PANIC??!?!?!?!

there, I said it.

Comment by otaku
    03:26 28/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

wow i see a random human over the internet trying to act smart up there... its so awesome its funny... some of us might not understand the word otaku.. and well some of us just do... you like belittling other humans eh? some life you have... i am sure it means alot to you... going onto the internet doing stuff like this all day... your reply to post proves it =D... well whatever.. since this is the place to comment.. please do comment... but i think its kinda dumb to bring other anime into a haruhi topic no? so think about it if your all so smart =D... oh yeah im not gonna reply you if your trying to be IM MRS.SMART.. i figured it'd be a waste of time... Ja na aho...

10:13 22/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Reading these comments makes me weep in retrospect.

Comment by Fayt
    23:41 15/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree with the commenter towards the top, IF the second season turns out to be a prank Haruhi herself if going to wicked upset?! I mean They arent just trolling us as good followers they are LItterally picking up and smashing haruhis hopes of appearing again!! its just disappointing. Something will seriously go wrong by Haruhi's will if the second season doesn't aire

08:26 04/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I really hope this isn't a prank this time. Haruhi is one of the few animes I really enjoyed. It is one of the few animes that used every illegal practice in a harmless way (bribery, blackmail, sex appeal, etc) which is what makes it hilarious.

Comment by kohaku
    07:57 31/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

it's official, there will be a joint release for the second season of haruhi and duke nukem forever \o/

Comment by Kaioshin Sama
    11:35 09/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think this "2nd season" will go down in the annals of anime history for featuring the most aggressive marketing campaign for a non-existent product ever witnessed. Haruhi 2nd Season, the pet rock of anime.

Comment by Stormy001
    19:08 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I would only believe it when they actually come up with real promo. Not some rumor shit.

18:12 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i'll pretty much wait till i die for more haruhi suzumiya antics. NEVAR FORGET.

Comment by Riot Gear
    04:11 09/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Say what you want, IF there's finally a second season coming it would be really great. The first season was a great adaption of the light novels and there is still much story left.

But it's true, it's hard to get excited over such a news after all the disappointments in the past.

Comment by Halconnen
    20:26 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What would make this the ideal news for me would be an announcement to the likes of:

"There will be an anime-only Kyonko arc."

Comment by Jarmel
    23:58 07/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me. Seriously we have been trolled for so long by Kyo-Ani that I doubt they are just going to release the air date info. The info in next month's is probably going to announce the date for the annnouncement of the air date. The author and KyoAni have pretty much thrown away the franchise. The author by not releasing any books when the franchise is at its peak or even announcing a release date for a book that was postponed over a year ago. KyoAni by having fun jerking us around with viral campaigns with no payoffs. So unless I see solid info, screw them both.

Comment by Daisuke.exe
    07:45 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

oh, su FUCKING AGREE.
    Stupid MF author

Comment by faytoshana
    23:56 07/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I really hope this is the real deal
    but
    by the looks of it , i dont think so :(
    nice hair though
    well
    guess we'll have to wait and see what happens

23:50 07/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Big news!!!: The new series is canceled.
    O_O
    Have a nice day

Comment by xxstraywolfxx
    23:47 07/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Big news: the second season of Suzumiya Haruhi has been canceled due original novels author bitching over his money!

Comment by SnooSnoo
    00:20 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Why is everyone so anxious to see Haruhi 2? Haruhi is shit.

Comment by Clead
    05:21 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Let who want to talk about it, talk about it.

Comment by Zwars
    00:21 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't have big hopes about that news, maybe will be an anticipated april's joke

Comment by Chrouya
    05:40 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Would be awesome, an april fools joke that's 4 months too early.

Comment by Kinny Riddle
    01:12 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

For the last two years I took their publicity stunt with a grind of salt because of one reason: They have their hands tied down by Clannad.

When it was announced that the Clannad anime was being made back in March 2007 in the last episode of Kanon, by the same people who did Kanon and Haruhi, it just won't be possible to see Haruhi 2 until after the first half of Clannad finishes.

Then by March 2008, it was announced that Clannad After Story is under works, so again, it just wasn't realistically possible to hope for Haruhi 2 within the year 2008.

Though as Clannad After Story should hopefully wrap up this spring, it should be about time they stop fooling around with their viral marketing, or even the most staunchest Haruhi-ist would desert them.

Comment by Zelgadis4tw
    09:00 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ino: I’m looking forward to it though. Though I’d rather see another season of Lucky Star, FMP, Aria, or Hayate.

While I can't call Clannad bad like a certain someone some of us are familiar with [Pico fan should tip those that don't want to remember him] I would certainly wish to see more FMP than Clannad. I even think at this point I'd rather see FMP over new Haruhi, it was a great show, but...I really want me some more Kaname and Tessa :Q

Comment by Ichigo69
    03:52 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

In before they do Little Busters! before Haruhi....

Comment by Narcissist
    01:08 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Haruhi is and has been passé for a long time now.

Comment by Artefact

And it was severely overrated to begin with...

Comment by Ino
    03:57 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I watched it when it first started airing and before it blew up, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it's God Tier but it's a lot better than Clannaids (excluding episode 17) and the Kanon remake. Don't like the After Story at all. Why Nagisa, why?!? The ending of the first season of Clannaids made me want go *facepalm*

I'm looking forward to it though. Though I'd rather see another season of Lucky Star, FMP, Aria, or Hayate.

Comment by Narcissist
    06:39 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ino: The Air part was not me mistaking you writing Aria for Air. It was just an example of disgusting Key anime.

Comment by Ino
    05:52 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Good god no, ARIA, not AIR.

Comment by Chrouya
    05:43 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Key should start animating Little Busters without fail, if that happens, I can forgive them. It was 3rd place in the eroge list, and I finished it as well, and I think this couldn't be a bad anime if they keep it okay I guess...

Comment by Kageryu
    08:09 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I mean, of course, there is always the chance that you're just one-sided and biased, or you have some sort of bitter grudge against the Haruhi franchise (maybe you knew Aya Hirano in middle school and she turned you down for a date because you had acne, or smelled like spoiled milk?)

But surely you're intelligent enough to know that it's possible to voice your opinion while still respecting the likes and dislikes of others, right?

Hahaha, that must surely be it, right?

I'll respect your opinion on Key's work and their Kyoto Animation produced forms, but know that there's always the chance that maybe you aren't the perfect authority figure to speak on every subject.

Comment by Kageryu
    07:57 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

@Narcissist - You're being a little bit overly critical, are you not? I mean, if you have this big a problem with it, why not tell Kyoto Animation or Key/Visual Arts themselves instead of us here on an anime/game website?

I mean, since obviously your opinion is so much more important than the rest of ours, you must certainly have a lot of pushing power.

While I'm not going to argue that Shugo Chara is cute as fuck, in my honest opinion, and keep in mind I say it's my opinion, there are more moments in Clannad that made me flinch due to moegasm than there has been in any other anime in it's genre.

Example, I hate Fuuko, she's an annoying little retard, but the scene where Tomoya switches with Ryou and Fuuko thinks Tomoya became a woman is hilarious.

And Kotomi...well...I think I needn't have to say much beyond that anything Mamiko Noto touches becomes instantly win.

Comment by Miroku74
    14:45 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I couldn't agree more, or say it better, kageryu. Nice :)

Comment by Isoflavone
    18:12 09/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Nicely said Quen but you know, a narcissist is a narcissist. They are a higher being than we are and therefore everything that we say is moot to them.

Okay correct if I'm wrong but isn't Key the one that makes the eroges? Last I check Kyoani was the one making anime.

To sum up your whole entire post in a nutshell, I feel as though you try to seem superior from an inferior position. Think a little kid trying to beat up an adult. Or maybe more like a republican? First off what we are all secretly narcissists ourselves? Then using your logic your opinion does not matter amiright? I respect your opinion on this matter but learn to know that there will always be someone greater than you are. And if you are as great as you are why don't you gloat and tell us your accomplishments in life. You surely must have achieved billionaire status by now and are of the most elite of your society, nay, the world.

Unrelated but as Kageryu said, if you have a problem with Key/Visual Arts and you have such an incredible influence on this world, why don't you go change how they do things, hmm?

And last of all you didn't really answer my question, just kind of repeated what you said a few posts back.

Comment by Isoflavone
    17:56 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What's wrong with Air anyway?
    I always see a number of people hating on it but they never say why. I understand that people do exaggerate but I see no reason to hate an anime due to exaggerations that may be just what a person feels is a good way to express his/her thoughts at the time. Can someone explain to me in short, why the hate?

Comment by Narcissist
    19:51 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Because a place of comments if a place to comment, and therefore I comment.

I do indeed have a lot of pushing power, in the matter of pushing lesser peoples opinions down the drain.

And no, I have nothing against KyoAni. As a matter of fact I like some of their works a lot. Key I do not care much for, but I did enjoy their eroge alot more than the anime.

Regarding Aya Hirano, I am actually quite fond of her. While I am not a lesbian, if it is Aya we are talking about I would not mind some lesbian sex once in a while.
    And I am quite hot too, so the scenario you pointed out would be rather impossible.

And again, no. I am not fond of other peoples opinions, then I would not be a narcissist would I? I do not believe thas respecting other peoples opinion has something to do with intelligence, but rather worthless ethics and morals that I could not care less for.
    Rather, in my world, us who are blessed with higher intelligence, IQ and status than the common crowd have the right, or at least the power, to belittle the commoners opinions if we are inclined to do so.
    One should of course not go overboard with it, but I believe that I just voiced that which is quite true. The examples I gave about the random Mr. Joe's are a sad fact and while you might accept that because your conscience or morals tells you that you should, unscrupulous persons like I do not.

Authority figure? I AM THE LAW! (Lol I always wanted to say that :D)

And also, regarding what is wrong with Air, I would like to give a lesser review but I have to leave in half an hour and I will barely have time to do my hair in that time. Timestealing internetz!
    I have three fast words for what is wrong with it: The animations, the story and the melodrama. Not to mention the characters, the disgusting beach scene or all the randoms who make threads at forums telling us that they cried from it.
    Aaaaaah, time time time...

Comment by Quen
    01:09 09/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

One of the marvelous things about much of the Internet is that, excepting a few famous figures (Danny Choo, etc.), there are no "lesser" or "greater" people but only usernames and avatars.

Comment by Narcissist
    04:49 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I hate most of the Key anime adaptions tbh. Way too much "trying to be moe, becomes stupid instead". You can pretty much pick any character from Lucky Star and that character would be alot more moe than any Key character.

Kanon 2006 was pretty good even though it was too melodramatic, I can admit that. But Clannad was so seriously boring and tried to be way too cute and ended up as ridicilous instead. When I want real cuteness, I watch Shugo Chara.

Don't make me start with Air, I could barely finish it...

It would all be fine though...IF NOT EVERY SINGLE DAMN ANIMENEWB WHO THINKS THAT THEY ARE AN OTAKU BUT THEY ARE ACTUALLY A RANDOM MR. JOE KEEPS EXAGGERATING ABOUT THE DAMN KEY CRAP.
    Every time I see someone who goes "oooooh, Key =DDD fukken good animy dont you think guys yeee we real otaku who knows this stuff =DD didnt you cry when you watched Air sooooo sad it was aaaaaw the beach scene mymymymy =(((((" I need to relax with some Chopin or Vivaldi or else I would go out on the street and kill stuff.

Comment by Clead
    05:24 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

With the kannagi stuff I'm more than relieved for not being an otaku.

Even so, Air is very good in animation, story (even if I had to say is a little bizarre), sound, voice actors...

Comment by heaven
    03:56 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Overrated yet still at least, a very good title.

Comment by BuggyBY
    08:46 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Score: +4, Insightful

Comment by kadian1364
    07:47 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

True dat. True dat.

Comment by Quen
    05:36 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

All of the most famed titles, whether in cinema, books, or in any form of the arts are invariably overrated, regardless of how much worth the original production actually had.

It should be fairly obvious upon some reflection that Shakespeare's plays were not in fact the greatest words ever put into text, that not every note Beethoven ever made was a gift from the Muses to humanity, Casablanca wasn't really, truly as fantastic as you always hear - despite that, all those works of art legitimately have a great amount of worth to them.

It's nothing especially upsetting for something to be overrated, that simply seems to be an inescapable symptom of achieving great fame and popularity.

Comment by Narcissist
    03:53 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Could not agree more with you.