Disgaea 2 PSP

rozalin-etna-hanako-prinny

The latest activity on the Disgaea front has recently come to light in the form of 魔界戦記ディスガイア2 PORTABLE / Makai Senki Disgaea 2 Portable, a PSP port of Disgaea 2.

The game will feature additional content in the form of an unwanted Actare story arc, with the character taking on the role of protagonist for a while. At least it isn’t Etna.

Speaking of which, there’s no word on additional Etna material…

Various additional extras and gameplay tweaks are also promised.

c20090102_disgaea2_09_cs1w1_427x640
c20090102_disgaea2_12_cs1w1_480x272
c20090102_disgaea2_15_cs1w1_480x272
c20090102_disgaea2_16_cs1w1_480x272
c20090102_disgaea2_23_cs1w1_480x272
c20090102_disgaea2_40_cs1w1_480x272
c20090102_disgaea2_43_cs1w1_480x272
c20090102_disgaea2_62_cs1w1_480x272
c20090102_disgaea2_66_cs1w1_480x272
c20090102_disgaea2_68_cs1w1_480x272

Release is due on March 26th, and pre-orders have already opened. It’s not clear whether an international release is due.

Via Dengeki.

Those looking for something more original might like to check out the Prinny based title instead…

A straightforward adaptation of a PS2 game to the PSP is slightly embarrassing, although not as embarrassing as a Disgaea 3 PSP adaptation will be;  Nippon Ichi really ought to at least make some effort to bring the technology level of this otherwise excellent series up to scratch.

Comment by Himura
    10:50 03/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Fuck Yeah!

omfg i've been expecting this game for so long!

Comment by Anon
    08:21 03/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I assume that like the PSP port for the original Disgaea, it's not going to be lacking anything especially noteworthy from the PS2 version?

I'm glad to hear this. I need more SRPG's that I can take on the go. I have enough games to sit in front of my TV and play without the gigantic timesinks that the Disgaea games can be.

Comment by Lee
    07:41 03/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Dood!! zetta,mid-boss,priere playable in disgaea 2?!

Comment by Valkryrie
    02:14 03/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hopefully they also release a psp port of disgaea 3.

05:13 25/06/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

^^^ I definately want a Disagaea 3 port to PSP ^^^

I only have the first Disgaea for PSP, which is a great title but... Disgaea 3 just has soooo much stuff in it and I like the changes they made from the original.

Comment by D
    21:31 05/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Agreed! Never make a 3D Disgaea. It will ruin Disgaea's Shine. And I've been waiting this port so long and now it's coming. Can't wait!

Comment by daaznpwnz
    13:30 02/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

dang. Thats a hot picture of rozalin O_O... anyway YAY i knew this game would come out on the PSP. I'd be more suprised if it came out on the DS. It and whoever said that this game should be in 3D should just not play the game duh. Disgaea really wouldn't look that great in 3D

Comment by Genny
    14:52 03/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

A PS2 game to a PSP isn't an embarrassment. It's an improvement.

Seeing Disgaea 2 to the PSP is a great relief to us PSP gamers..seeing the 3rd installment would also be great.

Really, I'm sick of PSone imports to the PSP and more good games for the Nintendo DS

Comment by Ivory
    20:25 25/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That's right

Why DS can have a shit load of FF/DQ remakes, and PSP don't?

Comment by Masaka
    00:26 03/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

oh im glad they'd released a psp version

Comment by Fonzer
    23:19 02/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wish they made a pc special version with disgaea 1 and 2 together to buy,with all those extras and stuff.I would sooooooo buy the game

Comment by Icy-nee-san
    14:11 02/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

People keep complaining for updated graphics...but would you really wanna see laharl and etna in 3D :P

Comment by Artefact

3D might come out ok if done like a Naruto game or Valkyria, but what is really annoying is that we still don't get huge high res sprites and CG...

Comment by Fleeting shadow
    16:35 02/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Personally, I hope 3D Disgaea will never happen.

Comment by kebrus
    13:54 02/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

disgaea rocks, i only played the psp port and completely fell in love, so i don't mind another port it's still all new to me ^^

Comment by Phazeshift
    13:54 02/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Agreed, This compared to Square Enix's Dissidia looks completely bland T_T

Comment by Onsokumaru
    14:05 02/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It's fine for those who love 2D sprites, like myself. It's not supposed to stand up to a game like Dissidia. They're in completely different genres.

Comment by manga
    22:46 02/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Why even compare it to Dissidia when it´s not even in the same genre?

My biggest concern is why they are releasing all these titles to PSP instead of creating new ones.

Disgaea should never be in 3d, never. It would ruin everything.

05:25 24/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

eh, it could work. it'd be kind of fun if you could actually use Laharl's wings. It wouldn't be good if it was like a Spyro ripoff or something, but something more kingdom hearts-ish could work. Prinny's pretty decent, and I'd have never figured Disgaea could become a 2d game. I'd be hella happier if they let me be something aside from a goddamn pitiful Prinny in Prinny, tho

Comment by H_R
    15:08 02/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Actare is unwanted?
    would I ever feel do-not-want towards any character that's voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama?

15:56 02/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'll still buy it first day, even if it is merely a rehash of the original. Would be nice if there were more anime cinema like aspects, similar to Persona 3/4, and the Final Fantasy Tactics port.

Comment by trygle12
    15:29 02/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I was chuffed as chips when I heard this news.

I still am.