Dollfie Dream Aoi & Saber

dollfie-dream-aoi-and-saber-8.jpg

The outstanding workmanship and generally appealing nature of the Volks Dollfie is brought sharply into focus with these photos provided by the good Danny Choo, showing Dollfie Dream Aoi (apparently also a sniper) and Dollfie Saber in some detail:

dollfie-dream-aoi-and-saber-1.jpg
dollfie-dream-aoi-and-saber-2.jpg
dollfie-dream-aoi-and-saber-3.jpg
dollfie-dream-aoi-and-saber-4.jpg
dollfie-dream-aoi-and-saber-5.jpg
dollfie-dream-aoi-and-saber-6.jpg

Danny also goes into some interesting detail on the cottage industry built up around Dollfies… I am left wondering how big the market for them and the accessories is?

dollfie-dream-aoi-and-saber-7.jpg
dollfie-dream-aoi-and-saber-8.jpg
dollfie-dream-aoi-and-saber.jpg

If beautifully crafted dolls interest you in the slightest, you will doubtless want to check out Danny’s article on the subject, where you can see more of Aoi and Saber, as well as the interesting hobby surrounding them.

You can also see some detail on dollfie Saber and ero-dollfie Haruhi in our earlier articles. If ball joints really don’t do it for you, see the various silicone dolls on offer

Comment by metatron
    18:52 31/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

i always wanted to have my own dolfie but the astronomical price tag prevents me from obtaining one TAT

Comment by phelan
    17:35 31/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

i gotta say, though, saber with her hair down is a really, really good look, lifeless eyes notwithstanding...

19:11 31/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

delicious dolljoints are delicious

21:57 31/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Wiring up the dolls up with some pistons and then remote controlling them will be fun. Especially if you get two remote controlled Sabers to duel in a window.

Comment by Ahinigami
    20:15 01/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Very beautifull , Ill buy 1 if my parent and my financial status allowed me to.

01:04 01/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

dolljoints.. a new fetish from Rozen Maiden xD

Comment by Yoneda
    15:14 31/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

>I am left wondering how big the market for
    >them and the accessories is?

Sometimes it's not about bigness but about dedication. The Dollfie collectors I've seen and read about don't live for many other things, it appears. So surely each individual contributes far more to VOLKS and their accessory crafters than the average figure otaku who buys from many different companies. This may also be reflected in their pricing policies. Actually I'm still amazed that the prices aren't even higher considering that they are producing so many different models in such small numbers each...

Comment by イチロ イノ (Ichiro Ino)
    15:09 31/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

This reminds me of an episode in Jigoku Shoujo

Comment by iapfah
    15:17 31/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

The hands on the skeleton are backwards.

Comment by Toiski
    16:56 31/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah... it makes me sad that I noticed this as well.

Comment by s0m31john
    15:20 31/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

They have what look to be soulless pits for eyes, ready to haunt me in my dreams.

17:34 31/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

The eyes are actually much more appealing in person. Most photos don't capture the depth of color you can see with your own eyes. The eyes are 3D acrylic (for Dollfie Dreams) and not a 2D paintjob. Even more expressive eyes can be achieved with glass.

Comment by イチロ イノ (Ichiro Ino)
    15:27 31/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

The Japanese are good with robotics... so why not make these dolls move just a little bit

example: make their eyes blink, make their head turn left or right in random time...

Comment by metatron
    18:49 31/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

actually, Volks has been experimenting with robotics with their Robofie line (http://www.volks.co.jp/en/robofie/products/vs_1/index.aspx).

we'll never know and we may soon see an Angelic Layer-type of Dolfie in the future =3

Comment by Tommy
    17:29 31/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

That would be quite creepy for a dolls to do those movements but when you are saying an android doing those then It's ok.