Otaku Xbox Mania

silent_night_1224

In case you were wondering who was buying all those Xboxes in Japan, at least some have been going to otaku masters such as the one whose sanctum you see pictured here. He looks to have amassed ten of them, along with every game imaginable… Now we just need to know if they are all working.

To add to his otaku power he also has the Kanokon ero-calendar, a variety of cosplaying dolls nearly obscuring his screen, and of course Index is joining him for cake.

If he’d lose the Lost Odyssey poster in favour of a Tales of Vesperia one, he’d have a setup that would be hard to beat (some knaves say he needs to lose Index for Clannad, but let us ignore them).

All he’s lacking is an Ero-Box

Via Hachimaki.

Comment by Sh0gun
    09:00 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

in terms of games the 360 is all about shooters and sports games and stuff, all of which are xbox live supported and only rly fun if u have lots of friends; its a social thing. the ps3 is more for ppl who like single player games like rpgs since thers no annoying ppl who bug u 2 join them to play gears wen ur in the middle of a dungeon in ToV; tho resistance 2 is rly fun. its like 2 sides of a coin; ones 4 social ppl, the others 4 ppl who like watching anime on bluray, which is amazing btw.

Comment by moepeng
    08:28 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

360 is good for fans of sports games + FPSs.
    ppl who aren't into those genre, then no reason to get a xbox.
    but the day of big exclusives r dyeing out anyways.
    Games that r out for both systems, 70% of games from the US (ex. shit from EA) run better on 360.
    most games made outside the US, especially japan, is optimized for PS3.
    it's all a matter of personal taste.

though i hated the xbox 1, i own a 360. i hate console FPSs, but i do enjoy sports games.
    the biggest thing for me was, the 360 was easily hacked/modded. we're still waiting for the PS3 scene to come up with something.
    the moment the ps3 is hacked, i'm dumping my 360 for the PS3.

btw, nothing beats the PC for RTS, FPS, and especially ERO games.

Comment by Acrana
    08:30 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Um what? Is that why there's ten times more RPGs on 360 than ps3?

Comment by DmonHiro
    08:42 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

That is true......but 90% of those are SHIT. SOme congrats......the 360 has 800% more shitty RPGs

Comment by ipood
    09:09 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

PC always beats everything at everything, just that RPGs are hardly made for PC anymore (except MMO).

Comment by sero
    07:14 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

WHAT???? CONSOLES ARE SH!T ITS ALL BOUT PC GAMES :$ oh yes i said it /sarc

Comment by Fonzer
    07:34 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Dreamcast 2 will come back and all will be left behind except pc.It tručy was always about pc games

Comment by otaku
    09:28 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

not casing?

Comment by teri
    22:15 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

>>>Lol. There isn’t even that many good games on 360.
    >>>If I had to dump one of my consoles it would surely
    >>>be the 360.

So here you can see, that your subjective view is worth a shit. I was a big critic of thew xbox360 cause the original xbox just made problems. Now I've got every 3 consoles, and the Xbox360 is just awesome! PS3 sucks, no good games, not any RPG, which made the ps3 big. Only sucking, NON-Exclusive Sports and Racing games. And the Wii is just a money wasting anyway. Xbox360 is the only good console out there.

So I could say now to you: "Shithead, you have no idea! But rather I will try it more diplomatic: subjective, personal opinions can go different ways.

Comment by DOOM
    11:41 28/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

that's pretty sick!! D:

Comment by unicogirl
    03:17 05/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

he should give me one of those.
    i;m too poor to buy one.

Comment by exia
    17:50 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

i lol at the fried chicken near the figures.

Comment by ToastCrust
    09:37 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Poor guy must've RRoD'd 9 times.

Though seriously guys, get your console flame wars the fuck out.

Comment by moepeng
    09:45 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

i could care less about online play... 360
    and all the 13 yr old jack asses on xbox live.
    even with my sports games, i play mostly franchise.
    i could care less about blue-ray...ps3

from most i've read online and heard, unless u got a 40 inch or bigger 1080p hdtv, u can't tell the difference between a good dvd vs blueray.
    hell, for tvs around 32 inches or smaller, seems 1080 or 720 don't make that big a difference .

with my 32 hdtv, i'm happy with my dvds.

I hope 1 day sony releases a cheap ps3 /wo the blueray drive.
    i know it's never gonna happen, but i can still wish.

Comment by iapfah
    10:56 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Who is the girl 2nd from the left?

Comment by Blue123
    Comment by s0m31john
    23:55 25/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

My 360 sits and collects dust. I'm not that big of a gamer and it has no support for mkv files with subtitles. Microsoft needs to do something about that last part soon.

Comment by Tony D
    00:21 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

IdolM@ster.... Stupid bandai-namco region locking a Japan-only game. It's like a dagger in the heart. :(

Comment by potato
    00:21 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope he didnt pay full price for every xbox game, lol

Comment by rargy
    00:33 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Lost Odyssey was a fine game. Still playing Vesperia but i don't think it beats Abyss. The combat doesn't feel right and of course the english dub doesn't help either.

Comment by Anim3Fr33K
    22:45 25/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

He got so many so that he can keep playing as they RROD.

Comment by MooMooCow
    22:19 25/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Errr.. Now all he needs are the Jasper revisions of the 360!

4 Arcades
    3 Pros
    1 Halo
    1 Elite

Comment by Artefact

If they don't have a picture of a moe girl on them he doesn't need them...

Comment by Ichigo69
    22:22 25/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I want one with Index...

Comment by JockeII
    22:22 25/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol. There isn't even that many good games on 360. If I had to dump one of my consoles it would surely be the 360.

I had the one furthest to the left (Halo Limited Edition) on the picture a week ago but sold it and bought the one furthest to the right (Elite), since I wanted one with 120GB HDD because of NXE.

Comment by rockbottom
    23:42 25/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

No offense but you sound like an idiot.

You're dissing a console you own about how it doesn't have that many good games and be one of the first things to go but then you just upgraded to an Elite.

Comment by JockeII
    00:44 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I said that there isn't many. Not that there isn't any. I keep it for Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesparia, a few others and the occasional multi-platform where the idiots have failed in programming the game for the PS3 and the 360 get a superior release.

And yes I upgraded to an elite, because the crapbox sounds like shit (even when I have bought a new one every time there was a "supposedly better version" with new DVD released) and therefore I needed a larger HDD to copy my games to the HDD instead (since you can do that with the crapboxs new wannabe-PS3 GUI). And when I was going to buy a HDD, I thought that I might as well buy an entirely new console. Always fun with a new color.

I am loaded with cash so it doesn't bother me. So, your point was? Lulz.

08:37 02/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

so ur an idiot that buys a game over again because they were such a classic on the x360? wouldnt it just be easier to admit ur dumb?

Comment by JockeII
    02:11 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I love the PS3, and as soon as a game that I have on 360 is released on PS3 I dump the 360 version and buy the PS3 one. Bioshock, Eternal Sonata and Oblivion was the latest ones to get exchanged to PS3 versions.

Comment by Rinfinite
    01:25 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

True. Still has more better games than the PS3 failboat though. Playing on a PS3 is like dangling your diddles in a mincer.

Comment by イチロ イノ (Ichiro Ino)
    00:48 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol

Comment by Artefact

Enough of this bickering please.

Comment by flaskis
    03:00 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Just ignore JockeII, he is an idiot in many aspects :p

Comment by Fonzer
    00:34 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Wtf how does he have all the money for that many xboxs ??
    Give some to meeeeee!!

02:41 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

rofl @ the guy who put PS3 and games in the same sentence.

Seriously why bother with a PS3 this gen? It's not like owning a dreamcast back in the day for innovation or owning a gamecube years ago for the Nintendo titles. It's just there, with slightly higher rex and worse graphics. It's got nothing special but MGS4. but that's just my taste

Comment by JockeII
    06:47 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

What are you mumbling about? Stop reasoning like a poor person lol.

Plenty of great exclusive releases on PS3. Valkyria Chronicles, MGS4, Disgaea 3, Folklore, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Zigma, Resistance, Resistance 2, Final Fantasy 13 Versus, Killzone 2 ETC ETC ETC (notice how many of those that are J-games that otaku gamers must own?). Not to mention that there are some releases that are better on the PS3, for example Oblivion (oh God it was awful on 360) and Eternal Sonata (plenty of new stuff) ETC ETC ETC.

Not to mention that the PS3 control feels soooo much better. The R and L buttons on 360 is disgusting in fast shooters, R1 and L1 is perfect on the PS3 control. The PS3 is quiet, has blu-ray, has Home, has better GUI, has free online play (for those who cares), alot mor possibilites with the system ETC ETC ETC.

I have owned one PS3 from the start. I have owned plenty of X360, since they suck and needs to be exchanged to supposedly better versions while they still suck lol.

The sum of it? Since I own them both and pleeenty of other consoles I can view it objectively and say that PS3 > X360 any day.

X360 ONLY is for the stupid poor random "Mr. Joe" who enjoys Electronic Arts games and doesn't have anything to do on this site.

No serious otaku who likes gaming can get away with not owning a PS3, simple as that.

Nuff said.

Comment by DmonHiro
    08:40 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

You said it my brother. And most anime related games will be released on the PS2/PS3...and I can't enjoy a console without my anime related games.

08:54 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

that makes sense, but honestly animu related games aren't my cup of tea. Nor are racing which makes my choice clear. A 360 and a Wii.
    As long as we are both happy it's all good

07:46 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Well said.

Comment by Tony D
    12:45 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

What are you mumbling about? Stop reasoning like a poor person lol.

Plenty of great exclusive releases on 360. Gears of War 1&2, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesparia, Ace Combat 6, The IdolM@ster, Fable 2, an absolute ton of arcade shooters on xbox live ETC ETC ETC (notice how many of those that are J-games that otaku gamers must own?). Not to mention that there are some releases that are better on the 360, for example Fallout 3 (oh God it was awful on PS3) and GTA4 (plenty of new stuff) ETC ETC ETC.

Not to mention that the 360 control feels soooo much better. The R1/2 and L1/2 buttons on PS3 is disgusting in fast racing games, R and L is perfect on the 360 control. The 360 is cheaper, has game installs, has better load times, has better GUI, has better online play (for those who cares), alot mor possibilites with the system ETC ETC ETC.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Comment by Tony D
    12:40 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

"has Home"

You say that like it's a good thing.

Comment by DmonHiro
    04:00 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

So far, there really aren't many good games on the PS3, but once they start popping up, the PS3 will be unbeatable in that department, just like the PS2 is, against the X-Box. And don't you dare say that there are better games on the X-Box. I will bitch-slap you.

05:06 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

it's a little late for that. it's almost 2009 and the sequel to the 360 will be out in 2010.
    It's FAR to late for a come back against 360. At least you have high end games to compete with the Wii juggernaut but so does 360 and 360 is to far ahead to beat now. PS3 lost this gen it's the two gen curse, from Atari to Nintendo to Playstation each company rules 2 gens with an iron fist then gets full of themselves and falls. All hope rests on PS4/5. My suggestion is not running the competition right out the gates within a year. Wait two years or more and you can release something twice as powerful at half the cost without direct competition. Give time to make a clear technological advantage.

Comment by Artefact

The trouble is Sony may be bankrupt or turned into a media company by then. With Sony out of the picture, who is going to step in? Nintendo with their toys? Apple, with execs who hate games?

Personally, I still think they still have a chance...

05:06 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

better games on Gamecube

Comment by Skyking
    00:53 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Nice to see those Red Rings of Death Xboxes going to good use.

Comment by Icy-nee-san
    01:19 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

If all the jrpgs were going onto the ps3 i bet you this guy would have a bunch of those instead of 360s XD