Clannad Haet Nagisa

clannadhaetnagisa-1

Nagisa fans noted with horror the cruel treatment meted out to the character in the 11th episode of Clannad After Story

“Everyone get into pairs…”

clannadhaetnagisa-2

What’s this, Nagisa all alone?

clannadhaetnagisa-3

Why won’t the teacher at least pair up with her?

clannadhaetnagisa

As the 2channers noted, the staff producing the show probably know all about being the last one picked for the team, to say nothing of the experience the thread inhabitants had of this. Thus they should know the unpopular ones get the honour of pairing with teacher… such is the cruelty of sports.

I expect this reverberates amongst many of you too?

Poll unavailable.

04:22 16/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

"Um... Mr. R... There's an uneven number of people, and I don't have a partner."
    "That's okay. You can just play with the wall."
    ";________;"

Comment by Kaioshin Sama
    15:49 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Be honest, this is just an excuse to show the Clannad girls in gym wear isn't it?

Comment by EcureuilMatrix
    16:48 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment by Kageryu
    14:20 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I was a delinquent type, after the first couple of times, I just left and didn't stick around for the picking.

Comment by Legacy
    00:51 14/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Awww... but I dropped After Story because it was nowhere near as good as the first series

Comment by Shona
    11:32 19/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Mei made it better than the first series.

Comment by aoi_azzura
    05:28 09/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

In my high school (and near the end of middle school) the teachers would pick the teams at random and if one team had most of the athletic kids then the teacher would have some of them switch with some of the non-athletic kids on the other team. This usually made the teams pretty balanced. In my first two years of middle school there were a few times when I was one of the ones that was picking (the teacher would interrupt every few picks to place a random kid on each team). When other people were the ones that were picking the teams then I would be picked pretty quickly or at least around half way, but it depended on who was in the class and who was playing the sport. The only times when I would be picked close to last was if the person picking didn't know me.

Comment by ajnac
    12:05 27/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

dammit, why is Tomoya not around? I mean, yeah, he's already a graduate, LOL!

Comment by Bronxdragon
    01:43 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

How dare they ignore Nagisa......I'll rain white on their faces pfft lol.

Comment by Question Mark
    08:16 02/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

of course nobody picked nagisa she was such a loser, have u seen her family and she hangs out with that no good punk whoever that prick is ^_^

00:54 31/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah seriously, always crying and bitching and shit. "Oh no, my dad is a drunk and doesn't love me, even though I'm nothing more than an ungrateful spoiled brat, wah wah wah". What a goddamn loser. Someone should punch him in the goddamn face for being such a goddamn crybaby.

10:59 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

...who cares...?

21:44 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe it just means Nagisa is just ugly.

I mean if she was pretty, then people would go to her. That's just how shit works in reality. Including Japan.

07:20 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

shit happens.

15:02 05/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

if nagisa is ugly...then theres no hope for humanity

Comment by GAOO
    20:42 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I hate doing assignments in pairs/groups. No one ever tells me how thing are. By doing thing by myself I know exactly what's going on.

Maybe that's why I don't have many friends... T_T

Comment by Gerey
    21:47 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Ahh... such nostalgic memories. Stuff from which hikkomoris are made of.

Comment by Anon
    22:51 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Nagisa's okay, but Tomoyo is superior in every way.

Comment by Jade
    23:22 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

i do not really appreciate people dissing abt Nagisa
    she is fine (not ugly/unattractive)...

but definitely not above powerhouse like Tomoyo, Kyou, and even Yukine...she is just plain in many ways that people get bored of her

05:54 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Agreed.

Everyone wants Tomoyo, Kyou and Yukine.

Hell, after those episodes with Yukine, I'd go with Yukina out of the 3.

Comment by FallsFromGrace
    22:48 14/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Nagisa is vanilla, I'll take my Mint Choc Chip Tomoyo

Anyway she should be used to it, shes last in the game too

Comment by CraniumC0re
    02:47 14/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

if "Everyone" does ill happly take Nagisa no question about that

Comment by notaname
    20:28 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I was, by choice, the goalpost. Fuck you guys running about in the cold mud, reading this book is far more interesting.

Comment by ALT in Japan
    19:48 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Yep, this happens in class too. Whenever we tell the class to make pairs, there always seems to be some unpopular kid who nobody wants to make pairs with so I have to go and help him/her out.

However sometimes people are absent and you just end up with odd numbers - what a cruel fate maths can be!

Comment by NeoCrisis
    19:36 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

awww I just wanna go hug her after seeing that

20:43 12/08/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Ah, would you expect a teacher to remember about all of their students?

...or maybe that's the way they do the counting down there.

Comment by metatron
    19:39 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

there are times that i was never picked or picked last uguu~

Comment by metatron
    17:42 14/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

gao~

Comment by aoi_azzura
    13:47 17/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

v! nyahaha~

15:01 05/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

uguu uguu~~~~

Comment by Quen
    19:45 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't fret, darling Nagisa...

Comment by zohash
    23:46 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Damn this makes me remember the ronery days back then.
    If only there was someone like her then. We would've totally hit it off together.

Comment by Anonymous Ultima XD
    23:55 12/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I usually am the last choice to be picked XD... *sigh*

Comment by asianprostitute1500
    06:23 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I was picked eventually, but that's only because of my several reap attempts at my teammates of both sexes.

04:30 15/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow must have been fun to be in class with you! *hopes you are female*

Comment by Lain
    05:18 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

The producers had nothing do do with this. That's the way it happened in the VN.

Comment by XSportSeeker
    04:24 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Depressive nostalgic memories detected.
    Launch hot chocolate counter-offensive!!

Comment by moepeng
    00:48 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

do what i did. i usually played dirty and elbowed anyone in the face when i could when the teacher wasn't looking.
    trick was, if caught after elbowing, raise ur arm and admit "foul", then they can't do anything.
    i eventually got picked cause no one wanted to play against me.

Comment by Dee
    00:55 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I had been class rep for 5 years. At first i thought it was a lonely job coz nobody gives a shit when I'm talking. Nobody wanted the job really, so majority chose me, quite the opposite of nagisa, they chose me but arent partnering me. And yeah, all except one of my assistant class reps over the years are either lazy or not cooperative. But at least the teachers commented for my work. I pity Nagisa.

Comment by Constance Rifle
    01:29 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd comment about this... But I kept seeing Youhei's sprawling, bloodied mess on the floor.

I've been wondering where everyone's eyes, and hearts, are for the past year and a half. But all I'm gonna say is that those creeps over at KyoAni deserve a good dose of firebombing.

Comment by FlameStrike
    07:50 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

*sigh* This type of comment makes me remeber Tyrenol's trolling lol. I don't recall Youhei every being a sprawling bloody mess on the floor. (Well he was cencered once but his regen is too high for it to matter) From what I can infer from your post, you are suggesting KyoAni and many of the people watching Clannad are heartless or something because they do not care about Youhei getting beat up. Since you think that way I have to assume that you have made some grave misunderstandings.
    1. You don't understand the intended comedy or joke behined the "useless best friend" sterotype getting "beat up"
    2. Most of the time Youhei deserves it anyway for being an idiot.
    3. His character is made in a way that when he does get beat up it doesn't cause any "real damage", and that's part of the comedy. No normal person would survive getting kicked off of the 2nd floor, but 1 frame later he comes running back for more.

Also it's funny that you seem to be suggesting to kill everyone via firebombing for heartlessly portraying a character getting beat up. It's a bit hypocritical imo. Your target's off too, KyoAni just animates Key's works. But if animating a comically portrayed beatdown = fire bombing you might as well get rid of everyother anime studio while you're at it. Also Youhei the character himself doesn't even care about him getting "beat up" lol.

Comment by Constance Rifle
    11:10 14/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Okay. Maybe I did misunderstand. I didn't realize that the "beating up the useless best friend" stereotype was actually suppose to be FUNNY.

And, when a more normal person would try something better or something else, Youhei actually "comes back for more."

I guess I should include Key into the firebombing as well since a lot of anime fans in Japan believe that "creating useless characters for the sake of beating them up" had became popular as of late.

Comment by FlameStrike
    10:26 18/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol you'll need to add ALOT more then just Key and KyoAni to your "kill list". But a lot of animators are going to die just because you dislike some funny harmeless thing that most of the population don't have a problem with.

Also Youhei is NOT useless. He's a pretty well developed character and provides Tomoya with some words of wisdom every once in awhile. Although most of the time he's a dumbass he isn't a "useless character for the sake of beating up".

If you look at other titles like Love Hina and *** random anime you'll see lots of examples of the invincible idiot that gets beat up. Obviously anyone getting beat up is a serious thing and not to be made fun of, but only in the proper context. Those characters who are "made to be beat up" are created in such a way as to not take any real damage from their beatings and it's supposed to be comical. I'm not much of a fan of this since it gets boring and repetitive. "LOL KEITARO GOT HIT AGAIN FOR PEEPING" Doesn't last past the first punch, but you are taking the joke too seriously. Something like this isn't reason to bash Key/Kyoani and disregard their excellent works over all. You're pretty much crying when Tom gets clobbed by Jerry.

05:46 19/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

FUCK YOU!! FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FUCKING FUCKER!!

What the fuck did Youhei ever do to deserve that kind of BULLSHIT treatment by Key and KyoAni? He's just trying his best to make it in a cruel and heartless world, always sticking up for his buddies, and helping people out, and what the fuck happens? HE GETS FUCKED FOR IT!! All because stupids shits like YOU find this crap "funny"! GO FUCK YOURSELF! YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE DOUCHE BAG!! WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM? Just LISTEN to the crap you say! you be all like,

"1. You don’t understand the intended comedy or joke behined the “useless best friend” sterotype getting “beat up”"

Well let me tell you something, I Do understand that malevolent humor "behined" this shit. It's all for little SHITS like you to get their jollies. Who are you to call a brother useless? Who the fuck are you to say that this man never did anything useful?

"2. Most of the time Youhei deserves it anyway for being an idiot."

FUCK YOU!! Maybe someone should kick YOU in the nuts. Hey, it's okay people! Don't worry! He's an IDIOT! It's perfectly fine!

"3. His character is made in a way that when he does get beat up it doesn’t cause any “real damage”, and that’s part of the comedy. No normal person would survive getting kicked off of the 2nd floor, but 1 frame later he comes running back for more."

Once again, this cannot be resolved until I kick you in the nuts and see how long it takes you to get back up.

12:29 25/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

nah man that's not an over reaction at all!

02:51 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

They're doing this to prepare ourselves for the BAWWW'ing Nagisa route

01:49 28/10/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

nagisa = perfect waifu

Comment by Kom

Nagisa does nothing attractive. She deserves no love. Where's the Kotomi love?

Comment by rav3n

I'm a Kotomi fan as well. Besides, Nagisa is a slowpoke :f

02:52 15/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't be so childish in your shallow hate. Grow up.

Comment by AnBu
    16:07 14/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

YOUR a SLOWKING...