Gothic Lolita Nagato Figure

Gothic Lolita Nagato Figure

What looks to be a new favourite figure rendition of Nagato Yuki emerges in the form of this Goth Loli Nagato, sporting a full gothic lolita costume, a complete lack of expression, and a demure sitting pose.

Gothic Lolita Nagato Figure
Gothic Lolita Nagato Figure
Gothic Lolita Nagato Figure
Gothic Lolita Nagato Figure
Gothic Lolita Nagato Figure

The figure, by Orchid Seed, is due in April 2009; preorders are already open, if you feel the need to get in early. The price point is around ¥7,000.

With the superb Gothic Lolita Haruhi, to say nothing of Lolita Nagato and Goth Punk Mikuru, it seems every taste is being catered for; will they not soon be running out of costumes, at least from official sources?

Gothic Lolita Nagato Figure

Comment by Actar
    04:33 27/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Will be saving my money for when Concert Nagato and Mikuru make their debut! :)

Comment by ipood
    07:38 27/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Same here, Nagato concert version shall be mine. Mikuru of that series is tempting but I already have 2 figurines of her.

Comment by Mechwarrior
    08:18 27/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

The face doesnt look right. Something about the proportions isnt right.

Comment by unico
    11:45 27/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

cut off at the knees
    at the prime her life
    such sadness

Comment by metatron
    22:04 26/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't know...I don't sense Yuki's moeness in that figure

Comment by Nuri
    20:19 26/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Two Yuki EGL figures and no Mikuru, Blasphemy !!

Comment by ToastCrust
    01:00 27/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I feel as if the shoulders are a bit too broad, or "strong".

And it was probably a pretty bad choice not to have the legs sticking out the side or some other, since she looks like a UFO... xD

Comment by Geerie
    11:43 01/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i saw it and hostess cake

Comment by Quen
    01:50 27/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Will finally have the complete trio, although I do think this will be the weakest of the three. Her pose is a bit boring because of her wide skirt, it would've been nice to have her legs sticking out.

They stuck very closely to the pose from the illustration, but Goth Mikuru's pose was wildly changed, so I think it would've have been going too far to modify this one a bit.

Comment by Quen
    01:52 27/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I click comment, then immediately realize this isn't the Griffon trio set, gah!

No reason for the weird pose in that case then, since it wasn't based of that illustration...

Comment by Artefact

I was just going to ask where to find the other illustration... An original then?

I quite like the pose, it shows off her interesting skirt nicely.

Comment by Quen
    02:39 27/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm pretty certain this is an original, obviously inspired by the same original illustration as the Griffon as can be seen in the extremely similar hat both figures wear. There's no other goth-loli illustration besides the one Griffon is using as the source image for their figures I believe. Also, the Orchid Seed site does refer to her outfit as an "original goth-loli clothing" http://www.orchidseed.co.jp/contents/46nagato/

I think the figure is pretty, but the billowing skirt's size does make Nagato look like a dead fish in the water since there's no evidence of her legs at all. Perhaps a resting pose with her legs sticking out to the side...