Samaritan Arrested for Helping Lost Little Girl

Samaritan Arrested for Helping Lost Little Girl

A man (20) who helped a lost and tearful little girl (6) find her way to her grandmother’s distant abode has been arrested for child kidnapping, we hear.

The girl had apparently been scolded by her mother and was tearfully malingering in the street on afternoon. At this point the man passed by, and asked the little girl what the matter was.

She responded “I want to go to granny who lives in Misato City’s house”, with this being some 11km distant. The good Samaritan opted to take her with him in that direction.

Upon arrival, as the girl did not know the address of her grandmother, he called upon a police office in the vicinity of the station there.

Police immediately deemed him suspect, all the more so for having the little girl in his car,and promptly arrested him for abducting the girl.

The kidnapper says of his crime: “There was a little girl crying, so I asked what the matter was. She said she wanted to go to her granny in Misato’s, so I took her with me as I was headed over that way”.

It appears the girl had been scolded by her mother over the unspecified matter of a textbook, and became upset and left her house alone.

Via Itainews.

2channers are alternating between decrying the entrenchment of apathy, and ridiculing the man for not keeping his nose out of matters not his concern.

Some do however raise the point that he might have done better to inform police of the girl’s predicament.

Comment by EroorEGozooo
    08:04 27/05/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Humanity's idiocy knows no bound.

Comment by CanadaMann
    14:42 30/05/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Ever touch a little girl, you will be arrested.
    Ever talk to a girl, you will be jailed.
    Ever dates a woman, you will be shot.

Everything planned by the feminists, everything so organized.

09:45 24/04/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

This is like the total opposite of any anime I have ever seen; where the main character and the bimbo he's with help some little kid find her parents, making the two have an even stronger bond in an already sickeningly affectionate relationship. See, real life sucks, that's why i watch anime and play halo all day.

04:58 03/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What about the last episode of GSZS, where Sensei finds loli Kafuka and decides to take her to a police box, only to get accused of kidnapping?

Comment by Tyciol
    06:12 14/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

What is this GSZS and how do I watch it?

15:59 15/04/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

goku sayonara zetsubou sensei

Comment by Nameless
    23:32 27/02/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

No good deed goes unpunished.
    What a world we are building :(

Comment by HechEff
    07:37 15/04/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I still want to believe that heroes exist, somewhere.

Comment by Tsuichi Rin
    08:14 24/02/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

*sigh*... so the world doesn't pay you for being nice huh =/...

Comment by Tyciol
    06:09 14/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This is totally wrong! He was trying to take her to her grandmother's! HE approached the policeman! That's so lame!

Comment by knuclear200x
    16:44 19/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Today's lesson: Don't help people. And buy all our playsets and toys.

Comment by Honoo
    02:50 21/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

... Just how laughable can these kinds of stuff get? I'm getting lost and ridiculed.

22:18 04/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, we don't know how this guy looks and talks like, some people just make others suspicious.

On the other hand, there was a serial killer who talked cops into giving him his victim back.

11:09 16/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Why did'nt he rape her? it would have made the whole ordeal worth it.

Comment by mi
    04:52 24/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"Even this might have been too much for police though; we hear a tale from one poster saying that he was arrested for going shopping with his own young daughter, with police grilling him for hours and unable to believe a father would do such a thing – he was only rescued when his wife was urgently summoned to the station…"

seriously
    they are being too sensitive
    but
    i guess it is still a good thing
    because here, police are the second most corrupt followed by politicians
    there, they are doing their job

06:45 31/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

2chan is right about not snooping in other people's business...

BUT...

Being nosy does not an abduction charge make.

23:37 30/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Holy fuck! How stupid can they be?! He was helping her, not trying to rape her or anything!

12:17 20/10/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Police are so dumb.

12:32 24/06/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

The little girl ran 11km away from home...i think the real rapist is at home.......

23:47 21/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Only in Japan, for now.

15:24 24/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

They ought to be grateful. Better him helping the kid out than her being kidnapped by a molester and raped. I'd think he was a little beyond suspicion since he was openly asking police in that district for help. Child kidnappers don't usually approach POLICE for help. Or so I hear.

Comment by Wandering_Youth
    10:10 24/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

He should of called the Police instead of trying to take the girl to her grandma's house, however the Police were overly sensitive in arresting him. I say, both sides were at fault.

23:15 04/07/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I disagree. Nobody's perfect; the poor chap might not have been prepared for a situation like this, or just caught up in the spur of the moment. You can't expect everyone to robotically react with "OH I KNOW, I'LL CALL THE LOCAL POLICE STATION." Japan has a 911 I assume? Bottomline is, its wrong to fault a samaritan that makes a sub-optimal choice in handling the situation, specially when theres no fatality/trauma involved.

All the japanese police needs now is some common sense. This guy drove up to a police station with the girl ffs. What they should've done is:

1.Inspect the girl for any obvious signs of abuse/trauma.
    2.Escort the samaritan's car to girl's house, or, take samaritan and girl in a police car to girl's house to check on any foul play.

No policeman is perfect, but given that they've to go through god damn police school and supposedly trained/prepared for these situations, they're pretty much expected to handle it prudently.

17:55 19/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You are all forgetting something. In Japan there is a "proper" way to do EVERYTHING. Even rescues must be done according to "proper" standards. Remember when you meet someone new in Japan you are suppose to bow. This cultural emphasis on "properness" has rubbed off onto some of their laws. That is, not only must you do the right thing (rescue someone) but you must do it in the "proper" way (that is calling the authorities, and NOT conducting the rescue yourself), or else you are committing a crime. It's as simple as that.

04:05 21/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Yep, except that the "proper" thing it's not ALWAYS the correct thing to do. That's why the Japanese are so buttlicking to each other.

14:23 08/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Damn imight as well get my lwyer ready and get an ID saying im my daughters fathers when we visit my wife side of the family in Japan this year dont want to be arrested for taking her out for icecream an all you know with me being a rather large dark-skinned foreigner an all! lol

Comment by Question Mark
    06:57 02/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

maybe its just better to do something horrible, Japan has a knack for punishing the good and forgiving the perverted criminal, o well Japans the place for me until i need to raise a kid, no man shall take care of my kid without getting arrested for being a good samaritan

Comment by Makoto17
    21:41 29/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

maybe tat man's face r just look scary tat many ppl might think him as a bad guy or something lol

Comment by Goofy Mouse
    20:15 29/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I feel sorry for him, but he probably shouldn't have called the police.

Comment by hentaispyder
    17:36 05/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

if he didn't i think that would have made it worse

Comment by Tony D
    19:56 29/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Good ol' Japan, always showing that neighbourly spirit!

Comment by furin kazan
    23:33 29/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I think the society is too sensitive when grow up male helping or just talk to little gal..If this happened to me, I'll find female or police right away for help....
    Other man arrested because shopping with his young daughter???may be every father need some ID or paper to prove their relationship when they hang up & keep saying " she is my daughter" when they are walking......

Comment by Lantis
    11:42 30/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

*Sigh* Oh, man. This is so sad. And kills a part of me in the inside.

I'm still hoping to all the things like this to end someday~

08:47 30/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

It's really disgusting how the pedophilia problem in Japan is so out of control that the police need to be that cautious.

I mean it may seem extreme to some of you, but with things as bad as they are it's not being overly cautious to think that maybe the man is trying to drive the girl someplace bad and that he's just talking to the police to put her at ease, to erase her doubts of him being a bad stranger.

There was no reason for the man to associate himself with the girl to that extent. When he saw her alone and everything he should have called the police immediately and had them take care of it.

05:27 27/03/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

What's the difference? Presumably he's still going to stay with the girl to keep her safe until the police arrive, at which point they still arrest him for being in the presence of a little girl.

Comment by Artefact

If you go by the statistics, problems with "child abuse" (clearly the definition also varies from country to country) in Japan are actually far less than in most developed countries....

14:44 30/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

More like reported child abuse is lower.

Sexual offenses are more rarely reported in Japan due to their culture.

Comment by Toby
    22:47 21/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Here's what I say:

Child abuse rates are even higher in Western countries, compared to Japan, than the statistics say. If the statistics say it's 3 times more common, it's probably more like 10 times in reality.
    Because Western culture practically makes it mandatory *not* to report child abuse. I have absolutely no evidence to back this up, but I just *know* Western culture. Hey, I have lived in Western countries for almost all of my life - I'm a bona fide expert! My wild guesses thus demolish any fancy hard data anybody comes up with!

"When the data contradict my prejudices, the data are obviously in error." Jesus foxtrotting Christ! I can't stand this crap anymore.

Comment by Quen
    15:01 30/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Very true (and likely), but then there are no #s to support the idea that it's a substantially bigger problem in Japan than other developed nations.

Even doubling (tripling?) the report # still falls short of say, America's reported cases, and it isn't too much of a stretch to think that Japan, a country with such ludicrously small # of crimes (of all sorts) compared to Western countries would have less incidents.

Comment by Joshua M.
    07:50 30/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Such a stark contrast from just reading about Japan's group and shame culture.

Looks like Japan is now all about the shame with none of the "group".

Where's all this lovey dovey "we're all in this together" group culture mentality? This is like Christianity with the judgmental God only and with the redemption and salvation.

Comment by xin
    18:28 29/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

We have a saying here: "No good deed goes unpunished".
    Sad but true.

Comment by Keigami
    Comment by fabian
    10:18 29/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm sure he learned his lesson: If you see someone being in need, avoid trouble and leave him alone.

Sad.

Comment by Rakushu
    11:55 29/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Well I guess that depends on the situation. The lesson for this story, don't help little girls, especially if you are a grown-up, that will only give you trouble.

05:28 27/03/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Only if you're a grown-up male, anyway.

Comment by hentaispyder
    17:33 05/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

no good deed goes unpunished. such a shame.

Comment by php
    10:11 29/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

OMG ! That man just helped the girl .If i had been there i would have do that way too. Poor him !

Comment by hentaispyder
    17:32 05/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

see its better just to leaves lolis alone no matter how cute

Comment by mark
    10:08 29/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Thats sad and reminds me of that one episode of shigofumi.

14:30 08/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well i'd better get my lawyer ready and an ID saying that im my daughter's father when we visit the wife's side of the family in Japan this year dont want to be arrested for taking her for icecream ya know. what with me being a rather large dark-skinned and, though i don't thinks so, scary looking foreginer lol!

Comment by Vetus
    03:20 03/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh, yeah, I remember this part. It seems cases like these are often in Japan. How stupit can they be? I wonder, if I ever visit Japan and asks for direction from a little girl, will they arrest me for seducing?

Yare yare...

01:11 23/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

>>>How stupit can they be?
    >>>Stupit

..1/10.

Comment by holicuser4u
    05:35 30/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

thats what i thought too!

Comment by Avisch
    12:32 29/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

That episode MADE ME CRY!