Wife Arrested for Deleting Husband

maplestorymarriage.jpg

A lady who married a man virtually in the popular massively multiplayer game MapleStory was so furious at him unilaterally divorcing her that she logged in using his details and deleted him. Police then arrested her for unauthorised access to his account.

The lady, a 43-year-old piano teacher offline, married in the game (to a 33-year-old salaryman), but the marriage apparently suffered difficulties; the husband took it upon himself to unilaterally divorce her.

Police arrested her some months later on charges of unauthorised access; for her part, she admits to deleting him.

Via Sankei.

MapleStory actually has an in game system for marriages, with various associated quests and buyable enhancements. It is not clear how one can perform a divorce, though the simple expedient of PKing the unwanted spouse seems unlikely…

You will of course immediately notice parallels to a similar previous incident involving a character deletion arrest; it seems Japanese police are the best friend of the MMORPG gamer.

Comment by Bronxdragon
    04:57 20/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

This made me laugh then I wtf for awhile then I just pulled out a blunt and went out to find me a women to screw. Oh yeah I failed though.....didn't have a condom.....

09:28 30/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Lawlz I remember hearing about this =D I thought they arrested her for "illegal manipulation of data."

Remember kids, never give out your Password/ID.

06:00 26/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This is why password sharing is not a ritual of love, but a dangerous practice.

*facepalm*

15:25 19/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

this is like assisted suicide! I say 20 years!

01:39 26/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

perfect world is another MMORPG that allows u to marry and divorce in game. and beleave me i know alot of couples there that have their mates password, but never witnessed such thing like this b4. im married in that game too and i too have my wifes password tho i never log in in her account but never gave her mine. and thats how its supposed to b. thats y its called password its supposed to b urs and urs only. not even real life wifes should know it and specialy not ur moms. they may have an urge to erase ur thing to make a point :O XD

Comment by Kevin Wu
    00:53 02/09/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

see this kind of shit is why you should never implemented a marriage system.

08:08 29/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

i don't quite get this story... from what i gather he gave her the password so doesn't that mean he gave her the right to access the account?

15:27 31/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

So spurned, the wife was enraged, and using the login and password her husband had previously told her, logged in to his account, where she deleted him. Proof right here that she had access to his account.

Geez, read everything before you jump to a conclusion. So she got what she deserved.
    And it's his own fault to begin with.

Some people cry when they are sad.
    Stupid people make me sad because they have no freaking common sense.

01:12 16/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

this made me lol and rage at the same time. and it made me glad i don't play maple story anymore.

Comment by Panther
    01:08 25/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

"it seems Japanese police are the best friend of the MMORPG gamer."

OMG this line cracked me up so hard.

16:58 25/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

The truth of it even more so. I can't believe you can actually get someone arrested for that. That's half the reason why I quit MMORPGs, cuz some biatch always hacked me.

Comment by Yuun
    00:37 25/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Now... that lady... isn't she is a little too old to act that way?

01:36 26/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

LOL. there are MS gamers three times younger than them and of all the ways to react.... "adults these days..." >.>

Comment by kaiten
    18:49 24/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

this is EPIC

10:16 26/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

.05 seconds after he virtual-divorced her would have been a good time to change his password...

Comment by Poi
    Comment by Holly
    05:13 15/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Correct me if I'm wrong but when you tell someone your password and pin in maple story. According to the ToS you've already broken a rule so haven't you already lost all your rights, for breaking one of the biggest rule, that next to hacking/cheating? Either way common sense would be to change your password ASAP :P

10:55 29/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Agreed, telling your login and password is basically giving permission to log in and manipulate the account. I don't have my roommate's remote desktop password, even though it's my butt and boobs on his security cameras!

07:01 26/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Holy shit, I now have the urge to play Maplestory and get into people's accounts in order to delete them.

22:28 23/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Holy shit, I now have the urge to play Maplestory and get MY WAIFU