Ren Runs Amok – Shota Vocaloid Abuse

Ren Runs Amok – Shota Vocaloid Abuse

This tune, making heavy and hectic use of Kagamine Ren is fantastic enough, particularly if you can make sense of the rather amusing and converstional lyrics, but recently it was given a redubbing by a human – a lady who can certainly sing.

Both versions are presented below for your inspection.

The original (long) version:

Player 1

Nico.

The plain human version:

Player 2

Nico.

Poll unavailable.

More excellent Ren and Rin musical antics here.

Comment by t//B
    05:07 26/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Need... subtitles..

23:33 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

WTFF.. human version lolmao

02:25 12/08/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

both is good in its own way

thous one thing the voice does not go with the song..........that is all since it is supposed to be a bit more high pitched

still i got to hand it to the singer

GOOD JOB ON NOT BUSTING YOUR VOCAL CORDS

Comment by shalala
    05:58 04/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

As much as seeing Ren looking as cute as ever (ps losing a lot of blood after seeing that picture)i like the human version more.

Comment by L. Blackburn
    14:19 13/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

What's the name of this song, in Romanji? I'd love an MP3.

Comment by Daisuke.exe
    10:40 13/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Second one, btw, i love R versions of Miku Songs~

Comment by thenightsshadow
    13:51 12/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

This was surprisingly interesting. Being the music blogger, I found the vocaloid to human transition more full of "heart", if you know what I mean.

Comment by Dullahan8
    15:11 12/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree. Although I'm a fan of Vocaloids, the human version feels more authentic and real with emotions rather than a program just spouting words

Comment by thenightsshadow
    15:30 14/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

It's not entirely everything I meant by saying "full of 'heart'". What I meant was that there is much more that can be read from the song when a human sings it (in this case; some songs I would say Miku gives more meaning to the song than the singer would, though admittedly that is rare).

Just like how if you're skilled enough, you can tell what's going to happen in a series just by listening and watching the OP, music tells a lot more than just feelings, the song, and overall direction.

Comment by Artefact

I prefer the Vocaloid version - if you listen to the lyrics there is some very skilful use of the Vocaloid, and some nice sonic touches which the human can't manage. There's no denying the human version is on the same level, however.

Comment by thenightsshadow
    10:29 19/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, and that's what separates the two.

The sonic-ness of the Vocaloid gives more of a playful feeling that the human version can't.

But then again, not only do I not expect human brains to go into mnemonics for non-human effects, but isn't it merely the element of it being not-humanly-possible that really attracts to the Vocaloid version? If it was a mainstay in actual singing, then not only would be not a big deal, but human versions might not be that discriminated for/against.

Comment by H_R
    22:47 12/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

there are lots of Vocaloid music that (IMO) shine brighter when sung by human, such as Cendrillion, Dear, Liberate, 歌に形はないけれど, Time&Space, and even the legendary メルト... (just recently I started taking a liking for ヲタみん)
    I'm not trying to say that I don't like Vocaloid though, they're the reason these amazing songs exist!

Comment by koala1552000
    Comment by anon
    05:37 13/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

The second was a little more melodic in places...