Illustrator Legends

f752bf74f75df71a03de6cec3d43641f

One of the more interesting genres of video on Nico are the various videos of CG artists at work, and there are indeed quite a few of these. Here you can see some of the best, surely of great interest to CG art fans and artists alike.

The subjects for these illustrations are Hatsune Miku, Nagato Yuki and a headphone musume, so likely nobody will be disappointed (although unfortunately no ero-CG videos are possible on Nico).

The artists in question also seem to exhibit excellent taste in music… You can find links to the relevant songs on the Nico pages (although plenty look to have been deleted – isn’t Nico wonderful?). The amazing Miku Lodoss song is here.

The software used is predominantly SAI, and some Photoshop. If you happen to find the originals, please share them and I’ll add them to the article, as unfortunately these artists aren’t very good with uploading the final images to permanent hosting at times.

Player 1

Nico. Hatsune Miku.

Player 2

Nico. Hatsune Miku Plus Alpha (naked).

Player 3

Nico. Nagato.

Player 4

Nico. This is by famous eroge CG artist Ino – read more about him and see his art in the previous article.

Comment by Chris
    09:31 06/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I need a zoom and enhance on those settings, and I need it NOW!

Comment by Chris
    07:35 07/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

And/ OR someone could be a trooper and translate the Nagato vid from Nico. Too much kanji for me >.<

Comment by Bill
    13:21 04/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Does anyone know the name of the first song on the Hatsune Miku Plus Alpha video and the first song on the Ino video? How can I find these songs? Thanks.

01:20 13/09/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

designação do prezado criação: COMPOSTO ROYAL JELLY APIMIX. http://www.ghpm-inc.org/UserProfile/tabid/418/userId/391965/Default.aspx

12:14 12/11/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Delicious Miku is delicious.

Comment by Sup guys
    03:52 01/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Where can I get the first song in the second Miku video?

Comment by Babyrat
    01:29 09/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Amazing stuff. But what is SAI that you mentioned at the top? All i could think of was adobe illustrator.. but wheres the S in that!

Comment by Artefact

SAI is the favourite computer drawing package of most Japanese artists, it seems [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAI_(software)].

Comment by haruthebum
    13:25 09/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

easy paint tool sai is an art program that focuses on mainly anime style artists, and is very user friendly and can be learned in a single day, as opposed to photoshop and other programs that take a college level course to fully use.

its my personal favorite program, and is becoming steadily more well known outside of the asian countries, it has beautifully smooth lines, and a really handy watercolor brush.

one of my own images done in sai
    http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll31/haruniisan/?action=view&current=1205388170402.jpg [http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll31/haruniisan/?action=view&current=1205388170402.jpg]

the first link is an english site where you can download the trial version the second is the actual japanese site where you can by the full version, its pretty cheap compared to photo shop, and well worth it in my opinion.

Comment by bakaloid
    17:43 02/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I have an unofficial english version of the easy paint tool sai. it's more user-friendly than my adobe photoshop cs4 extended which made my head hurt a lot when I tried to study cell-shading of anime characters.
    T_T

Comment by Fumika
    01:04 09/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Wah where can I get my hands on that miku game :O

Comment by Cameeu
    16:15 18/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't think its a game, its more like a cd-rom special (with soundtrack) but you can get them at http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1077399
    You may need to live in Japan in order to buy stuff from amazon.co.jp

Comment by ipood
    04:48 09/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

it's not a game

Comment by nograde
    16:52 09/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Who are the bands in the Nagato video? They rock.

Comment by Veggies
    17:43 09/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Boom Boom Satellites. First sing in the video is 'Kick it out' off 'ON' and the others are off that and Exposed. Most recently one of their songs was used for the Xam'd anime OP. Great group. Funny thing is all the lyrics are in english.

Comment by Orpheus
    15:53 22/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

The third song is called "Shut Up and Explode"