Second Evangelion Movie Near, New Character Revealed

Second Evangelion Movie Near, New Character Revealed

The release of the second Neon Genesis Evangelion movie has been announced as being due in early summer 2009, with it entitled ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:破 (Evangelion Shingekijoban: Ha), and carrying the official English title of Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance.

Additionally, their promotional poster has been updated with what appears to be the new female character.

The sequel forms the second part of the movie version of the TV anime, ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:序 (Evangelion Shingekijoban: Yo), officially Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone. The first is on the verge of receiving a general international release, and there are apparently set to be four movies in total so a long wait looks to be in store.

New characters and otherwise are promised, along with the elements which have featured thus far, in a title which is “looking to explore new ground”.

Much of these details were released previously, but with the opening of the 2.0 official site interest seems to have been rekindled.

Via Mycom.

01:27 05/01/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Sad to see the 2.0 of the selling out remake aimed at pleasing retards who could not appreciate the real EVA. Cry some more about the ending and rip some more Kannagi manga, imbiciles.

Did you not see the last... oh I don't know, four episodes of the show? I love Evangelion but it's kind of insane and hard to follow at times.

The movies are perfect for people who didn't appreciate the series but might be willing to give a condensed version a chance.

Comment by Robocop
    20:11 20/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

hmm. i tend to drift off into my own little world every now and again, just cause i can. sadly what goes on there at times does mirror what occurs during fore mentioned last 4 episodes. and as thus, i sadly do understand what they are all about.

i think i need to talk to a shrink.

03:53 21/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I know what you mean though I'm not depressed...

though I don't get why he chose Asuka to be alone with him rather then Rei. Maybe cuz she died in front of him twice and well he found out... right.

*sigh*

It's sad.

I love both the original and the new one.

Comment by Stormy001
    Comment by e!
    03:13 01/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

wrong we need more evangelion fighting each other !!
    XD

Comment by Joe
    20:43 06/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh shizz i might actually be out there :D

Comment by Kurogane
    18:22 06/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Sigh... long long wait still for the eventual DVD.

On the bright side, my Evangelion LE DVD trust fund has a longer maturity time then.

Comment by vitrium
    12:55 06/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

what ever happened to using perfectly good characters like Maya?

those of you who have played any of the old games know what I'm talking about

13:30 13/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I swore up and down it was going to be Maya. Now I'm curious about who this new girl will be.

Comment by Alaris
    21:38 06/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope it's not an actual new character but instead Mana Kirishima in a method that fits into the storyline.

Comment by yaku
    15:23 07/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Great, as if we needed one more female character from this series to whore out for another ten years.

Comment by DemonLordShugo
    08:56 16/11/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

We need more dudes

04:14 03/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This is fine too.

However, I'd settle for leaving well enough alone and not dragging another character into it. Giving Kaworu more development á lá the manga adaptation would be even better.

03:50 21/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That fat puppy that wants to hump Shinji's hand?

03:52 21/12/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yah. But I like this gal too... she looks a bit Bakemonogatari though, she's very different but for some reason reminds of the snail.

Comment by EcureuilMatrix
    13:06 07/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Just imagine, the fanartists, ficcers and doujin circles are gonna work overtime for this new character...

How long till first fanart? First EroDoujin? First MAD?

Comment by Tyrenol
    00:00 07/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Evangelion?

Didn't Hideaki Anno MURDERED it when he had Shinji masturbate to a comatose Asuka?

Just asking. -_-;

Comment by Quen
    11:43 06/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Crikey, I can't wait to see this. Plus, I'll get to see a new HQ Asuka. Ahh.
    If only it was coming out later in the year I'd have had a decent chance of seeing it Japanese theatres...