Salaryman Schoolgirl Heaven

Salaryman Schoolgirl Heaven

Probably one of the more amusing and unusual of the “Japanese will sleep anywhere” genre of candid photography, here we have a salaryman and a schoolgirl relaxing in one another’s company, whilst riding home. Cozy.

Comment by aaml4everfc
    19:17 16/05/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

@Evi1d33d

Apparently it doesn't apply to gaijin very well. As a somewhat menacing looking Chicano (american-born Mexican, technically 6.25% Japanese), during my trip to Japan and taking the trains I had a minimum 3 foot "invisible barrier" around me. Even when there were people crammed in like sardines, I was sitting down with two empty seats on my right, and one on the left. There was this cute midteen girl who sat next to me, under a bet of some sort from her friends. It was cute ^^ I would have said something to reassure her I'm not in any way a bad guy, but it would have ruined my gaijin tough guy image. It also didnt help that I barely know enough japanese to get around. She lasted about a minute before her nerves kicked in and left to join her friends teasing laughs. I may look tough, but I have the friendly disposition of a kitten. My only regret was only being able to get laid once ^^;; but in the end great memories

Comment by Lost
    17:37 11/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

iv done the sleeping thing but most the time i lean forward and awake a few minits out from my stop... as for haveing some one sleep on my sholder sadly only a male firend who decied my sholder looked comfy and sleept on it for 5 hrs.... long train ride that was.

Comment by Katt
    13:57 20/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

when you see carefuly, the girl was holding the salaryman's right hand, so most probably they're related, in any way of course ;3

actually a scene like this was happened to me, a girl sit next to me was too sleepy, her head did continuously hit my shoulder while I was already cornered. at some point her head completely rested on my shoulder, I shook my shoulder, she half awake stared at me, I stared at her too giving a sign of 'that's a no-no'. but she continue to sleep for awhile before finally get off the bus. as you can see, not all otaku are that bad inside ;3

15:51 21/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

well well arent u a role model. No seriously, more ppl should be like u, then this world would be less rotten.

Comment by Lj
    08:16 05/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol something like this happened to me too on a bus though, the whole back row like 5 people had their heads on each others shoulders. When I woke up people were smiling and when i turned my head I realized why. XD!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by fatimmortal
    16:22 25/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

There once when a chick actually leaned on me as she slept. And I was trying to get me a nap on the bus, ffs.

Comment by Envoy Loves You
    00:56 15/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I want to be him.

Comment by Otaku_no_sabisu
    02:47 23/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Haha! This happened to me too when I was in Tokyo.

Crazy japanese Schoolgirls...

Comment by Rick
    14:51 22/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

There IS a tiny chance that it is a Father and his Daughter.

But yes, I know this happens regularly in Japan. I've had it happen to me when taking the train from Tokyo to Zama.

Unfortunately she wasn't cute and she was old enough to be my Grandma.

Comment by anonymous
    14:09 22/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Seems a bit suspicious since people tend to shift to the seat with maximum perimeter space at the first available opportunity >_>;

Comment by Evi1d33d
    14:25 22/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Unlike western cultures Japan is used to sitting/standing really close to strangers in public.

Comment by Artefact

Also, people don't awaken until they mysteriously sense their station is due (actually they can hear them so I suppose it is quite ordinary), so they tend not rearrange themselves if sleeping.

Comment by Limality
    07:56 23/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I call that the "Oh shi-, if I don't get up and get out now, I'll be sacked by my boss for coming late" sense...i usually wake up right before they call out the next station >_>

Anyway, that photo is kinda cute...to a certain degree, let's not imagine what that salaryman was thinking <_<

Comment by mark
    14:01 22/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

It looks like Mr. Salaryman is sniffing her hair.

@Calan maybe it was the raining as they are both carrying umbrellas.

Comment by JL
    13:46 22/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Did the source mention if the two were related? (as in father and daughter perhaps?)

On a positive note, the salaryman seems to be keeping his hands to himself.

Comment by Artefact

There's no source as such, so it's probably a random snap by an onlooker.

Comment by Ashton
    17:43 22/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

lmao they have ut too nice out there... no thieves etc to worry about...

Comment by foeevaddr
    19:04 22/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

you forgot rapists. i remember someone raped a girl at a train station in japan while people just watched. didnt bother to stop the rapist or call the police.

05:19 15/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Diffusion of responsibility yet again...

Comment by IrrugaSinX
    01:33 23/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

wow...i thought this only happen in hentai..but also in RL..scary..-_-..

Comment by MR mighty meat
    21:41 22/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

That is terrible, a train full of people, could easily give him a savage beating.

Comment by Calan

This is just creepy. Really really creepy.

Why are the windows all steamy?

14:20 08/09/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

coulda been a dad and his daughter

16:46 16/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Shenanigans.

She doesn't have an ahoge and knee-length blue hair.

Comment by OTIKA
    20:27 12/11/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, I was thinking that too...

Comment by Karma
    18:45 22/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

How exactly is this creepy? >_>

And I'd suspect that the windows are dirty, not steamy, like most subway trains are.