Eternal Sonata/Trusty Bell PS3 Released

トラスティベル 〜ショパンの夢〜 ルプリーズ / Trusty Bell ~Chopin no Yume~ Reprise, or Eternal Sonata - Reprise, to give it its rather better English title, has just been released in Japan for the PS3, with the English language release due in mid October

PS3 owning RPG fans will be interested to hear that popular musically themed RPG トラスティベル 〜ショパンの夢〜 ルプリーズ / Trusty Bell ~Chopin no Yume~ Reprise, or Eternal Sonata – Reprise, to give it its rather better English title, has just been released in Japan for the PS3, with the English language release due in mid October.

The PS3 release follows the now established trend of being a “complete” edition, with plenty of extra content in the form of new endings, characters, costumes and other enhancements.

Notably, trend setter Aya Hirano’s character, Polka, had been made playable, so fans of umbrella wielding Lolitas will be interested to explore this. Otherwise, the game is largely the same, so whether it is worth replaying remains to be seen.

Now to await the inevitable?

Comment by Legacy
    00:31 15/12/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Wish I could afford a PS3... I loved Trusty Bell n the 360

Comment by CraniumC0re
    15:01 08/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

To be quite honest that has gone and annoied me. As one of the few people i know who bought a 360 looking forward to this game then loving it. Just the here the ps3 get it and more stuffz... Tales of symphonia did that also (But damn that game was full of win)... Atleast we still have infinity undiscovered. Not a cel shaded RPG or anime style but still nice

Comment by Katameido
    18:24 22/01/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

From what i heard, the English release of the 360 version has the option to play in either Japanese or English voiceovers.. Wonnder if they're gonna do the same for the PS3 release.

Comment by Channing
    17:34 03/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow, so it is Aya Hirano's voice! I picked this game up because I was looking for an RPG and I set the voice setting to Japanese and I totally thought it sounded just like Aya Hirano. I guess it was. :V

Comment by flaskis
    04:02 21/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

The difference in this game compared to the 360-version is apparently that the item upgrades will be visible on the characters. Something that the 360-version lacked. Hopefully they will make that available as downloadable content on the 360 so I can get a reason to play the game in hard difficulty setting :3

Comment by Kiuki
    10:59 20/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Added content from the 360 version? All I need is a PS3, then I have an excuse to wait impatiently for this game.

Comment by Evi1d33d
    15:45 19/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Itching for a good RPG on the PS3, Folklore just doesn't cut it.

Comment by nekotails
    20:03 19/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm looking forward to this, my PS3 lacks RPGs, I guess I'll take anything that comes its way.

Comment by Pillowmaster
    21:46 19/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I really like the graphics in this game. Colorful and cute! =)

Comment by EroKero
    03:43 20/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Hmmm, judging from my 360 experience, those bonises better feature some more indepth combat, cause while its very pretty, its also very dull. Combat is 2 buttons, and while the shadow system is interesting, it ultimately falls into a all most, but not quite tales of game.