Goth Punk Mikuru

Goth Punk Mikuru, by Griffon

Some detail emerges of Goth Punk Mikuru, the spiritual companion to the splendid Gothic Lolita Haruhi. As with Haruhi, it is undeniably a top rank figure of excellent craftsmanship and artistry. Why the recent sudden flood of interesting Haruhi figures? Sheer popularity, it would seem.

Goth Punk Mikuru, by Griffon

The 1/7 scale figure is due for release in October, at around ¥9,000. There is also a garage kit edition being released at WF Summer.

The SOS-dan & co.: Suzumiya Haruhi, Nagato Yuki, Asahina Mikuru, Ryōko Asakura, Tsuruya-san, imouto, etc – The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya – SOS団: 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱ギャラリー キョン・涼宮 ハルヒ・長門 有希・朝比奈 みくる・朝比奈さん・古泉 一樹・朝倉 涼子・鶴屋さん・妹‥

The original illustration, which I had to have pointed out to me; the sculptor certainly did a great job in re-realising the image.

Goth Punk Mikuru, by Griffon
Goth Punk Mikuru, by Griffon

Fantastic knee socks (or whatever they are classified as).

Goth Punk Mikuru, by Griffon

On to see the rest in loving detail? You can also compare her with Goth Loli Haruhi. See as well a gallery of her, and of course one of the SOS-dan.

Goth Punk Mikuru, by Griffon

Comment by Anonymous to the Extreme
    05:31 27/06/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd dig that.

Comment by Persocom-san
    04:25 03/08/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope these sell in a second wave or something later on, no way can I afford them but they both are droolworthy.

Comment by flaskis
    10:21 02/08/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow I want that one, but my economy atm says that I should settle with my Nekomiya Nono preorder for now ;_;

Comment by ArcheR
    14:10 01/08/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

"Where this costume came from is a little unclear. I don’t recall seeing any illustrations of Mikuru dressed like this?"

The page for Goth Loli Haruhi has the pic of where both costumes came from. Mikuru's at a kind of odd angle, so maybe it's easy to miss, but that's where it's from.

I love this figure, though. I came across a week or so ago and bookmarked it. When my funds reach a non-negative, I may get it.

Comment by Artefact

Thanks!

I completely failed to recognise it; as you say the angle is a bit different... As well as the expression and pose. No wonder it flummoxed me, in fact.

Let me just port that into the article.

Comment by fujoshi fever
    21:44 01/08/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

man i hope they will release a figure based on yuki on that artwork, it would be a great set.

Comment by Demonezade
    07:23 23/08/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Yuki, at Foobarbaz. [http://foobarweb.sakura.ne.jp/images-event/wf2008summer/07/13griffon15.jpg] (Wonder Festival Summer 2008 -> Griffon)

I can't read the text under it (Google Translate is no help), but it says something about the release date:
    長門も発売予定とのことで,3人揃えたくなってきました(^^;

Comment by Artefact

"As Nagato is also set for release, I've started to fancy getting all three." No actual date?