robot super color comic

robot-cover

This is Robot magazine, a beautiful, large format, full colour manga magazine/serial artbook under the direction of Range Murata (村田蓮爾; also a contributor), who may be familiar to you as the character designer of the anime Last Exile (highly recommended), amongst others. Yoshitoshi Abe (安倍吉俊) (involved in various capacities with Serial Experiments Lain (a favourite), Texhnolyze (another favourite), Haibane Renmei, NieA_7, etc) is also regularly featured. It is pricey and slim compared to the more mainstream phonebook sized manga compilations, but the quality of art included is second to none. Perhaps the cover price is a small price to pay for supporting these artists?

murata
murata2
abe
robot-4
imperial-boy
atelier

My only complaint is that I don’t own all of these, so it can be a little hard to dip into stories which are already underway; of course the same is true of any manga magazine, but perhaps not all of these will be separately published in full colour.

Comment by バカも一芸
    15:32 23/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I really need to catch up on this. I have volumes 1-4 and the limited edition volume 6 of the Japanese version... I'm a big fan of both Range Murata and Yoshitoshi ABe. (The books reside on my shelf full of Range Murata's artbooks and doujins)

Comment by Zenigga
    09:15 07/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for some manga today. :D

10:52 17/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I really want to know how this site was when it began, is this the first article published here? In archive.org the website has not been indexed due to robots.txt exclusion, and I've found this page to be the oldest in the sitemap.xml file (http://www.sankakucomplex.com/sitemap.xml ).
    This is sad T_T I want to see how the site was in the beginning, and to see how it evolved. I usually go to archive.org to see that.
    Is there a gallery portraying the website's evolution through time? If not, could you make one? I'd really like to see how it was. You could even allow access to some HTMLs to see how posts were seen before.

I say this having become a regular visitor quite recently, so I really don't know how it was before :(

Comment by Artefact

In fact the basic layout at the time of writing is the same as it was then - I honestly do not think you are missing a great deal.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/04/19/the-introduction/ < The oldest article.

03:20 28/04/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

Thanks :D
    I love this website.

00:39 31/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

You will be asked to upload your files in the cart. http://www.nagoyaaht.com/cgi/multi2.cgi/parkhill.rivercitystudio.com/schwarzac.com/gift/gammareifen.com/mailing/ewPmdzHQW

18:32 13/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I am lucky to own the first 4. It is awesome material in them.

Comment by Mohey Pori
    00:06 02/05/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Got the first book luckly, since the first four volumes are out of print. Hoping I can get more later..

Comment by kouotsu
    19:14 18/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The series about the talking bird from the future practically ruining a schoolgirl's life is pretty great.

Udon produces the English localization of the books so people may want to look for stores that stock Udon products.

Comment by mark
    16:52 18/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I actually see these books in the local chinatown and little tokyo i go to. Only in collector shops though.

Comment by Resonance
    15:10 12/09/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Does anyone know of any resources to find translations or scans of these?

They're hard to buy now.

Comment by Artefact

I never found any, especially unfortunate as I actually prefer to view them digitally.

Comment by edoxx
    17:57 05/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I can get volume 1-8 in my country and it's in english version. Though some volumes can be made only through special orders.

I just bought volume three. Since I don't have any scanner, it wont' be surfacing anytime soon. But I'll try scanning it when I get my hands on my friend's scanner. ^^

Comment by haruthebum
    16:11 14/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm a huge fan of this magazine, and I own everything thats out in canada already, I'm saddened at the slow release of them here.

may I ask what country you live in? (you lucky bastard) I want to find somebody willing to ship them to me from somewhere else, (I'm willing to pay of course)and being in english is even better.

Comment by edoxx
    22:02 16/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm from Malaysia and I bought it from Borders bookstore. It seems they don't any outlet located in Canada...

Frankly, I was slightly dissappointed with the featured works. It cost me a hundred bucks just for a volume and I find it a bit unworthy.

But heck, it's not their fault. I should blame on the taxes, shipping cost and my country's economy.

Comment by Omochikaeri
    21:27 19/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Suzume Robo is awesome.

Comment by ipood
    07:25 17/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I can find all 10 these except sadly the very first issue.

05:36 09/03/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

where did you find them?