Nintendo legend Shigeru Miyamoto has provoked the ire of Japanese gamers by complaining that it is their inability to stomach the challenge of difficult action games which has led to the genre’s decline in Japan, even as challenge-loving American gamers happily lap them up.
Nintendo’s CEO has been saying the PS4 and Xbox 720 are no competition for the Wii U – because consumers won’t be able to tell the difference anyway.
Efforts to compare the power of Nintendo’s upcoming Wii U to the practically obsolete PS3 and Xbox 360 have finally yielded results – and those hoping for the Wii U to at least beat – if not exceed – the capabilities of the lowly PS3 have been gravely disappointed.
- Anonymous commented on September 27, 2012 18:32
Fucking peasants. PC master race reporting in.... More
- Anonymous commented on July 1, 2012 20:29
The reporter is clearly confused: Wii U was never meant to match any of the hardware specs of those high-powered loser machines. Only a stronger version of Wii. And of course Wii is far weaker... More
Dragon Quest X Online has been unveiled, though the news that it is apparently both an MMORPG and developed by Square Enix has prompted a great deal of scepticism.
- Kevin Wu commented on September 19, 2011 02:13
wake me up when Diablo three comes up. If it doesn't end up on this site's radars i'll be quite disappointed.... More
- Kevin Wu commented on September 19, 2011 02:10
you can't deny the fact that world of fucking warcraft is amazingly overpowered in terms of player base. everyone in my highschool's student counsel played it lol, even the female student prez. Now that's a... More
Nintendo’s newly announced “Wii U” console is already the subject of controversy – the company has admitted using footage from the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of games in its promotional material, and when confronted over the swindle they lamely point to their discrete “all gameplay images are intended only as illustrations” disclaimer.
- Anonymous commented on September 13, 2011 07:26
Sony say the ps4 won't be powerfull than the ps3. As for MS I'm not sure.... More
- Anonymous commented on August 13, 2011 19:04
Screw it. I'm just gonna buy them all anyways. In a few years new innovations will be made and I'll be buying those too. The only thing that stays the same is the arguing. Always... More
Nintendo has announced the successor to the Wii, dubbed the “Wii U” and due in 2012 – this time the gimmick is a large screen in the controller, together with some much upgraded hardware.
- Anonymous commented on June 20, 2011 15:49
Except nintendo's sales are in the toilet and they have decline about 60% in the last 10 years. The only people who like they're games are the older, nostalgic gamers and kids.... More
- Linklex commented on June 11, 2011 16:44
Nintendo Wii-u is AWESOME and the ramake games is so cool... More
Nintendo has announced the announcement of a previously unannounced successor console to its hugely successful but now largely moribund Wii.
- tyciol commented on May 4, 2011 17:35
I don't have one of those =(... More
- Anonymous commented on April 30, 2011 23:37
Consoles are a more "casual" market. That is, why consoles get all the best games, computer gamers spend more money on hardware. So therefor, most console gamers are looking into hooking up one Nintendo console into... More
Ranking the best selling Japanese RPGs of the current generation of consoles provides evidence of some less than inspiring trends in gameplay and production values, amongst what is often considered the Japanese gaming industry’s flagship genre.
- Anonymous commented on February 25, 2011 21:20
Too bad the actual GOOD J-RPGs aren't up here, like Valkyria Chronicles or Persona.... More
- Anonymous commented on February 18, 2011 19:11
I also lol'd at that. Valkyria chronicles for the Win, that games gameplay really captured my attention. kinda reminded me of chess with each piece having its own amount of movement available. Great Game, too bad... More
Famitsu’s ranking of Japan’s top 100 best selling games of 2010 has found its way online, and seems to reveal the Japanese gaming market has devolved into a staid mixture of endless RPG franchises and Mario games…
- Anonymous commented on January 25, 2011 01:01
sales don't usually indicate how good a game is either. for example i like pokemon, and i like kingdom hearts, and if you ask me to rate them by how much i liked them, i... More
- Anonymous commented on January 25, 2011 00:57
those two were pretty good games over here on this side of the world. they're not for everyone, but they're good.... More
Japanese gamers apparently face arrest if they lend their games to friends – police recently executed a search warrant based on the unauthorised lending of 5 games, charging the lender with copyright infringement.
- Chen-04 commented on January 10, 2013 07:50
Renting is just like pirating in that regard. Copyright laws are stupid in most conceivable ways.... More
- jr2nd commented on September 6, 2012 14:58
i wonder whats next? lol cant lend games in japan, next you cant play on your friends console in his house because its not yours so breaks copyright? lol or i visit my friends house for a... More
PlayStation 3 fanatics are crowing over the fact that 2011 appears all but devoid of exclusives for lesser platforms.
- Anonymous commented on January 28, 2011 22:31
"year of the PS3"? The PC have more exclusive games this year.... More
- Anonymous commented on January 14, 2011 19:22
Wii doesn't need to bring attraction to the system. Everyone in the world has already bought one. Whats the point anymore? Next plan of action is to scrap it and move on to a more... More
A ranking of Japan’s best selling games of 2010 not only proves a major embarrassment to Sony, with not a single title on the PS3 making the list, but also manages to raise some depressing questions about the tastes of the Japanese gaming public…
- Anonymous commented on January 7, 2011 13:47
Should be retitled "Top 10 Best Selling Games of 2010 in Japan"... More
- Anonymous commented on December 31, 2010 10:29
Japan apparently hates the PC with a passion except for eroge fans. I gotta give Japan credit, though. Mario Galaxy 2 is still going strong over there. I don't think it made the top 10... More
- Raunchy Cosplay Goddess "Rem So Lewd!"
- Live-In Harem Life Full of Togetherness
- Zutto Suki Datta Total NTR Anime
- Maid Dragon BD Extra Has A Lot of Pussy
- Shiina Kokomi Cosplay by Sakura Noa Full of Sexiness
- LVL 20 JD Goddess Boasts Massive Allure
- Wicked Princessemination Complete Nightmare Fuel
- 20-Year-Old Goddess "A Pretty Face & Body!"
- Sin Nanatsu no Taizai Licks Amorously
- Noble Knightess Brigade Completely Ravaged
- B*lma Adventure "What Dragon B*ll Should Have Been"
- Sin Nanatsu no Taizai Boasts Blasphemous Sex Appeal
- Ero Zemi Ecchi ni Yaru-Ki ni ABC "Reuses Animation"
- Monster Musume OAD Monstrously Voluptuous
- Majiwaru Shikiyoku "Now Has R18 Version!"
- Raunchy Cosplay Goddess "Rem So Lewd!"
- 2B Cosplay by Umi Kani "All About the Butt"
- Top 10 Manga Dropped by Readers For Being too Long
- SutoBura 2 OVA Bathes & Gropes
- Kizuna Ai's Ero-MMD Debut
- Jitaku Keibiin Caught on Camera
- Kyonyuu Reijou MC Gakuen "Sex Ed Every Day"
- Watch These Women Change Exceptionally Large
- Daraku Reijou Ravages More Schoolgirls
- Twitter Goddess "Moist & Beautiful"
- Anonymous on April 29, 2017 21:10
Higurashi Meakashi Teeming with Answers
- Sis HD told me... Great spellchecking there...... More
- Anonymous on April 29, 2017 21:10
JS Gum Molester Stuck Up Dozens
- Japanese police excels at one thing... getting confessions. I think we all know what tools they use for that... More
- Anonymous on April 29, 2017 21:07
LVL 20 JD Goddess Boasts Massive Allure
- @05:52 i lol'd... More
- Anonymous on April 29, 2017 20:58
Alluring Asmodeus Ero-Figure
- Who leaked this topless pic, AT-X?... More
- Anonymous on April 29, 2017 20:52
20-Year-Old Goddess “A Pretty Face & Body!”
- She must have a pinch fetish looking at those bruises. Nice face, hair, and figure though.... More
- Anonymous on April 29, 2017 20:43
MapleStory’s Re:Zero Event Heads West
- WAKE THE FUCK UP BITCHES!!!!!!!!!... More