As it seems, as expected, there are notable concerns about my proposal. I can understand people's concern regarding the possibility of chaos. My intended goals was not really to bring otherwise unknowns and new bloods of the site in the tournament but rather those regular members who don't have waifus/husbandos the opportunity to join. But even if it's a bad idea to "extend the franchise", wouldn't it be just as possible for mess to happen if the tournament was relegated to only waifus/husbandos?
Think about it. There's few restrictions on claiming and divorce a waifu/husbando. Say for instance anons and lurkers learn about the tournament (only relegated to waifus/husbandos) and claims a waifus/husbandos. Wouldn't that be just as problematic? The 2nd Waifu Tournament was difficult and the Spousu Tournament was downright messy. You wouldn't think that given the motive and the liberal rules of waifu/husbando here, the person in question would get a waifu/husbando, enter the tournament, cause a mess, and discard the waifu/husbando when it's all done?
This is merely a proposal. This is not set in stone. The mess caused in the last two tournaments was exactly why I'm doing this. I can't stress this enough. Everybody will not be joining with open arms (if they're motivated to join) and restrictions will still be in place. By simply proposing the extension of the franchise, It doesn't mean that I open the field for anybody join. It is my expectations of concerns that I made a few suggestions regarding restrictions surrounding this subject:
If in the possibility that the franchise will be extended to those without waifus/husbandos, special rules will be set in order to have the tournament run smoothly.
1. The person will have to be a member of this forum.
2. The person must be a regular or a trusted member
3. There will be a board to review such members who do join.
4. There will be a limit on the number of contestants joining.
5. The members who want to join but don't have a waifu/husbando will be assigned to a sanctioned partnership with a character (that is not claimed in the waifu/husbando list) the request for which will be reviewed and voted for approval. The character in question will be assigned to one member and can't be shared by anyone else.
6. Those members who do have waifu/husbando recognized here will have exclusive rights to them in the tournament. Only they will decide to give them to someone for them to enter with in the tournament with proof of the deal.
7. Any member regardless of their status must abide to any rules given to them. In the case if a member is becoming a problem disqualifications and bans from voting/critique will be in order and enforced vigorously.
Like I said, this is merely a proposal. Noting has been decided yet. If this will be a unpopular plan then I will be forced to scrap it and have the franchise of the tournament remain as it is. But keep in mind that same problems some are concerned with would happen when I extended it to members with husbandos (in which only one participated) with no consent? So I'll see if anyone still have legitimate concerns even with my suggestions in place. In that, I will have to respect that and scrap my plan.