Sankaku Complex Forums » Anime

Street Fighter x Tekken Game Announced

1. Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games today announced that Street Fighter X Tekken is in development for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®. The title will make history as fighters from these two bastions of the fighting genre come together for the very first time.

pics in the link below

source: http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog/2010/07/24/announcing_street_fighter_x_tekken

So far, only four characters from each side are confirmed on the game, Ryu and Chun-Li for Street Fighter, and Kazuya Mishima and Nina Williams for Tekken.

The game is rumored to play in the style of Tekken, with contestants fighting in a 3D arena.

Ono said the games won't be out "for a while" and that fighting game fans should enjoy Marvel vs. Capcom 3 while they wait.

Posted 7 years ago # Quote
  2. YEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!~~~~~~ New tekken and street fighter game. 2 in 1 goodness.

3. OMFG YESSSSS JURI MUST BE IN THIS!!!! My brother and I was just talking about this weeks ago!!!

4. There is also Tekken X Street Fighter which is being developed by Namco.

5. I don't know how they gonna make the fight even between the 2 game.
    Street Fighter can jump so high. If they initiate the attack from above (like Bison stomp, not the boxer) what counter do Tekken fighters have?
    If Ryu or anybody else keep hadouken, what can they do, change line?
    If Tekken change line(press down twice), can SF change it too?

6. It seems they are no side step guys.... Kinda like street fighter-styled gameplay.

7. poyohebat said:
    snip

There's a Tekken X Street Fighter game thats being developed by Namco which I suspect would resemble tekken gameplay.

8. Infinite said:

There's a Tekken X Street Fighter game thats being developed by Namco which I suspect would resemble tekken gameplay.

Another same game? wut?

Anyway, yeahhhh... Gonna start saving up money. I might end up buying both.

9. Where the hell is my new Project Justice!?

10. Why did they wanna make 2 kinda same game in the same time? :(

11. kurainichi said:
    Where the hell is my new Project Justice!?

I as much as I'd like this....we better get a VAMPIRE/Darkstalkers first.

poyohebat said:
    Why did they wanna make 2 kinda same game in the same time? :(

Variation of roster, completely different style of gameplay and confirmation that the Tekken community would participate in buying said title(s).

We see this as their alternative to MvC3 as Capcom vs SNK 2 was to MvC2. Catering to 2 communities by giving something they are comfortable with was a smart idea imo.

I hope that Capcom's title is 4 buttons though.

12. "The game is rumored to play in the style of Tekken"

This is all i need to hear to lose all interest. That aside i must echo whats been said already, Capcom needs to get it's shit together and do new Rival schools and Darkstalkers games.

13. Penance said:
    "The game is rumored to play in the style of Tekken"

This is all i need to hear to lose all interest. That aside i must echo whats been said already, Capcom needs to get it's shit together and do new Rival schools and Darkstalkers games.

Actually capcom and namco made their own version of street fighter x tekken or tekken x street fighter. Capcom made their looked like street fighter and namco the other way around.

Cantido said:

I hope that Capcom's title is 4 buttons though.

I guess it's gonna be a 6-buttons game.

14. I love B★RS so much? I seriously loved the OVA. I didn't mind the questions, for it is Black★Rock Shooter!!

Of course I tried loving it as much as I could. But most of what I'm interested in, besides B★RS, are the details. Tons of situations were left unclear, and the plot wasn't anything special. I didn't know what to think after watching it.

It's surely not better than I expected. But I'm just glad I finally watched it after all this time.

Inception's ending was even better. :/

15. XxXFl0oD3RXxX said:
    I love B★RS so much? I seriously loved the OVA. I didn't mind the questions, for it is Black★Rock Shooter!!

Of course I tried loving it as much as I could. But most of what I'm interested in, besides B★RS, are the details. Tons of situations were left unclear, and the plot wasn't anything special. I didn't know what to think after watching it.

It's surely not better than I expected. But I'm just glad I finally watched it after all this time.

Inception's ending was even better. :/

lol wut?

16. poyohebat said:

lol wut?

Wrong thread post, made me lol. XD

17. Crap, yeah wrong post. and Holy shit Street Fighter x Tekken?!?!!! :O

18. Hah. XxXFlOoD3RXxX, that was ironically funny.

I'll stick to my Marvel vs. Capcom 3 first. I mean, like, be pro at it first before going pro with this one. :3

19. Obsidian said:
    Hah. XxXFlOoD3RXxX, that was ironically funny.

I'll stick to my Marvel vs. Capcom 3 first. I mean, like, be pro at it first before going pro with this one. :3

Gah.... Should I buy MvsC3??? So tempting yet so little money.

20. I'm a little disappointed in Capcom, actually. I was hoping they'd change up the visual style again, like they do for every new iteration, crossover or otherwise.

But no, even the cinematics are just rehashed SF4 style...

And hopefully the gameplay shown gets mixed up A LOT.

I don't think I'll buy the Namco one, though. I'm not a big Namco fan anymore, ever since SC4 and pretty much every Tekken game.

Also, YES. When MvC3 comes out next year, DEFINITELY BUY IT. It looks so sick. Just look up some of the videos on Youtube. They look awesome.

Reply »

You must log in to post.