Sankaku Complex Forums » Anime

Why 2D is better!

1. Firetribe said:

Your right about the hikki and 2d fad. But I wouldn't blame Anime.
    Anime fans you meet at school or at a con are quite sociable. It's when you go on the internet, you actually face this kind of thing.

What really confuses me is that anime actually preaches against this stuff. Look at Naruto, it's about a ninja boy who was treated like crap, so he does his damn best in order to be the greatest ninja in the village- sounds like changing your circumstances. If you want a more otaku example, Seitokai no Ichizon is about a guy who was inspired by four bishoujo to get his grades up so he could join them in the student council. So I'm wondering when they are watching these anime are they filtering out the lessons before it enters their mind and just focusing on how cute the girls are?

From the way I look at it, the Japanese otaku have more reason than western fans. They act crazy for a purpose.

You managed to choose the most disgusting piece or rotting trash on the face of the planet to represent anime, WHY FIRE WHY?! WHAT DID WE DO TO DESERVE THIS?

But seriously you made such a vast sweeping statement that isn't true. Saying anime tells you not to be a hikki/NEET/basement dweller etc is like saying movies tell you to make rainbows shine out of....well you get the idea. There are simply far too many genres. What most anime does have is a moral to the story, but most good stories have that anyway... somewhere.

Posted 4 years ago # Quote
  2. Wow. Deth jii-san's life story is awesome... Id say I admire you but I already do since a long time

3. Mikage-sama said:
    Wow. Deth jii-san's life story is awesome... Id say I admire you but I already do since a long time

====

I should point out, that it was - not - placed to give me accolades or any added respects. - NO - I am not looking for that.

I merely placed a statement of experience that was related to the theme of the conversation.

In all honesty, I am very aware that many don't give a rats arse about this old mans life story, because its non-important and many will not give it a second thought, relegating it to an ~ "old mans rantings"

However, it was used, just as an example of - "one of many" - to explain that to have a full life experience, you must have a full life, not a quarter of it.

Certain things and situation drive people ahead, some experience a multitude of disasters that seemingly never end, while others are blessed with extreme luck throughout their lives.

It all depends on how one deals with them..

I do say, when I encounter some of those who are flippant and arrogant, to always remember where they come from, because no matter what your background is, another's experience may surpass you.

Imagination will always be useful and it needs to be expanded in whatever form is comfortable for that particular individual.

No one should judge anyone for it.

Yes, I do understand that there are those who live by it as permanent way of life, but a balance needs to be embraced, this way its healthy, verses it becoming too self-mind-consuming that all reality is lost.

4. Night, I can't agree with you. You seem to have the perception that there are people who just can't change their situations, which is untrue.Whatever circumstances people are in, I'm sure they can work there way out of it. Everyone has choices. We aren't powerless. And I question your knowledge of NEETs and hikkis,because most real hikkis don't stay home for fun. They are suffering from depression or some form of mental illness from traumatic experiences they they had in life; something similar to an event in Larmes' story. It is a serious problem in Japan since a majority of the population is near retirement age and there isn't a large enough youth workforce to replace them. It seems robots will be replacing children someday.

Yes, there are people who unfortunately simply cannot change their situation. Nobody can ever have total control over everything related to his life, and that is fact.
    But that was not what I wanted to focus on when I posted, and I don't even think it was a big part of my argumentation. I simply didn't want to him look down on people who have chosen to live differently.
    As for my questionable knowledge about Hikkis. I explicitly took them out of my argumentation, since a lot of them probably do suffer from deep problems indeed. I did not mention anything which would suggest the contrary. (Although according to your own words, you are sure that they can work their way out of it)

5. loli in a box said:

Maybe he didn't "shove" it, but he made the baseless assumption that anyone who likes the 2D world more must have some kind of problem and only chooses his current lifestyle, because he thinks it's unchangeable.
    Just like how you are doing it right now:

And you make the baseless assumption that ANYBODY can love the 2D world more just by saying it out of their ass and going through not an inch of problems in their lives that relates. Those who do it simply out of imagination are DOING something with their lives about it and expressing themselves through it to show their imagination.

Is it that hard to imagine that some just prefer this 2D world? That some people just deliberately choose it as their favourite one? :/
    It's like saying if someone doesn't like carrots he must have some problems.

But we aren't talking about carrots. At least carrots are REAL. We're talking about people who choose fantasy preferring it "helps them", over the thought of working to change your reality.

I know I love her. What do I love exactly? Her whole existence and personality I created myself, in my head, supported by different media of course.I had girlfriends in the past and I seriously never felt this kind of platonic love I harbour for her towards anyone.

We otakus pretty much resemble the people of the Romantic period. We too, rather choose the imaginative reality than the 3D world.

There are just some areas where the 3D can't satisfy me. That's where the imaginative world comes in. They are two worlds which have both their merits and disadvantages. It's just drives me up the wall when people start degrading this world and characters I love so much. :/

Then you must explain to atheists why being a theist "helps people", due to the notion that believing in a god or gods comforts their self esteem about the real world. That believing in a higher power is beneficial to everybody because believing what is reality isn't good enough so a god can help them get through this reality. In ways that many people see "there are just some areas where the 3D can't satisfy" them, the fact being a theist comes in as a merit to ease their pain on the disadvantages of the 3D world. Do you happen to be an atheist and believe the opposite? Because this is what you are saying. Another question, you talk about "I know I love her." I can't happen to feel that this love is unilateral. Because love has to be both ways. Tell me, Does she love you?, Don't give me that "I know she loves me" crap. Believing in something doesn't mean you're knowing something. I have to know too. Prove to me and everyone else that SHE LOVES YOU. True love means that you love her and she loves you. Not you love her because in your head, she's better than any 3D girl. Because THAT'S THE POINT of any fiction-based medium. To glorify what 3D is not. And if she's not the one who loves you too, Then you're not loving someone, you're loving something. You are in love with an object. You are pretty ballsy to compare your self to an era of people who has actually done something with themselves too. (the impressionist era is superior BTW) Which brings my attention to my second person, Night.

Night said:
    All you are doing the entire time is to use your measurements on other people. If you are lucky, you know how life around you is working, but you don't know how life works for a middle aged man who just had his second divorce. You don't know how life works for the professional athletes who are fighting in Vancouver for the medals. You don't know how it works for the African child who is forced to work as sex slave. Nobody can know everything. So don't take your mouth too full with such statements, otherwise they will come back to haunt you.

But you have to know the difference between the middle aged man who just had his second divorce and the NEET/Hikkikomori who never even took the time to socialize with a girl. The difference between the professional athletes who are fighting in Vancouver for the medals and the NEET/Hikikomori who are just fighting in video games for points. The difference between the African child who is forced to work as a sex slave going through a harsh reality and the NEET/Hikikomori who imagine themselves having sex with their favorite anime character facing a perfect but false fantasy. And the difference between what Larmes, his friend and Jason Manley gone through to get where they are and the NEET/Hikikomori who never try to see there's something out there for them. Just because life is unexpected doesn't mean we should stop life. I could be dead tomorrow. Does that mean I should stop pursuing my dreams. Being cynical gets you nowhere.

Also, I have gotten the impression that success is the only thing in life that counts for you. I know this mentality well enough, but I would advice you to judge people by how much money they make in life.

Success is not the only goal to achieve in life.

If you only want to address real Hikkikomori, you are at the wrong place. And also, I will inform you that Hikkis are not really a big problem for society in general. There are some in Japan and a few in other countries as well, but their numbers - although obviously inexact - are far from dangerously high.

I would advise to read this blog on the topic and reevaluate that thought.

http://moesucks.wordpress.com/2009/06/26/japanese-youth-discontent-and-the-hikikomori-phenomenon/

What potential do these people (I assume you are not talking of Hikkis now) have let gone to waste? Potential of success? Success is not everything. Potential of being happy? You can not use your own measurements and definition of happiness for everybody.
    There are a lot of people who give up on one point or another. Drug addicts, unemployed people, people who only live from today to tomorrow, only looking forward to the end of their work for the day. Teenagers who go out and get wasted instead of studying. Feel free to despise them all, don't limit it it the people who have chosen to make the 2D world their hobby.

The potential of doing something productive with themselves. Like making music, creating art, design the next video game, or invent something that can tangibly put people in the 2D world. All that by using the imagination of the 2D world. Being a shut-in doing nothing with yourself won't help you be a better person. Like I said,
    success is not the only goal to achieve in life. And using a cheap thrill to make me happy doesn't give me true happiness, just a false hope of satisfaction for the moment. And trust me, it's not limited to people who have chosen to make the 2D world their hobby.

Take offence where you should. You cannot tell other people what is better or worse for them. "Better", "more", I have already said that you are simply projecting yourself onto others. Of course, being a complete shut-in is probably bad for about everybody, but if you are really only talking about these people you could have saved your breath.
    If going to party and feeling good around other people makes you an introvert, I guess I am anti-social by your definition then. Apart from university and my hobbies (not involving the computer), there are around half a dozen people I meet regularly, and I consciously avoid people if possible. So what.

Then you're an introvert by his definition too. Since you practically do the same thing, only in a different area and a different situation. Well I'm not telling anyone to be "better". Only to show people that there's something out there for everybody, you just have to look for it. It may be hard, and you may end up with nothing. But you will learn something about yourself along the way. Remember it's not the destination, It's the journey.

Do you know what happens once you die? You cease to exist and in no time, nobody will remember you anymore. Even if you managed to heavily influence science/history in your lifetime, you will be only remember for your deeds, not as person.
    There are over six billion people on Earth. In the end, every person is nothing. Anyway, that has little to do with the topic anymore.

That's a limited view of human beings. Just because lives end doesn't mean there shouldn't be life. Just because people will only know me for my deeds should not stop me from doing the deeds. Are you telling me that scientist should stop making discoveries of our universe, artist giving up their work, and people stop interacting with other people just because in the end we become "nothing"?

And there are uncountable nameless people who have also worked hard their entire life, just to end up without having anything.
    I'm not saying that "the be-all and end-all of my live is living vicariously through 2D animes and characters". I work hard and I have high goals. But I do not want to stress myself too much in life either, and I will not look down on people who cannot work their asses off for potentially nothing.

Then your situation does not apply to the people he's trying to address here. With me, I'm talking to "the be-all and end-all of my live is living vicariously through 2D animes and characters". Me working my entire life, just to end up with nothing is not an excuse to try and I mean trying all the way. It's the fact that they don't even try is what pisses me off. At least its seems you're not one of them. Nobody likes stress. But I can make an argument on how something that I feel get me from stress, stresses me out even more. To me I just go through the stress and face the music. When life gives you lemons, you just have to make Lemonade.

A few last words for clarification, since my post ended up a lot more unstructured than I wanted it to be. If you want to rant about Hikkikomori; ok, there is little I have to say against that. If you want to rant about people who don't work their hardest to reach goals they don't have; there are a lot more people than Otakus/Hikkis who are like that. If you want to rant about people who are anti-social and chose the 2D world as their way to live life - you have no right to tell other people what makes them happier or better. Is it so difficult to think of people simply as "different", before judging them to be worse?

And that's the problem. Those who are anti-social and chose the 2D world , most likely are Hikkikomori. Since Hikkikomori means withdrawal, being an anti-social who chooses the 2D world as their way to live life is not a good way to live life. As I said, it's not limited. But it's no excuse not to find something out there for you. And it's not a manifestation to work hard. It means there is something productive and meaningful in this world. You just have to stop living the easy way out and stop relegating yourself to fantasy and staying content with JUST THAT. It may be hard, you won't like it and you won't achieve everything. but that's not always so and it's no excuse NOT to do it. Yes, I should not judge. But that does not keep me from expressing my concerns neither.

Sorry if this is long, but I have to address this to people who feel there's nothing in this world for them. Don't feel this way. There WILL come that moment in life where you will achieve, and you will love it.

P.S. unellmay02, I really hope you have hot sex with a hot 3D otaku one day.

Hope this helps!

~ KanarisBlog

6. KanarisBlog said:
    Because love has to be both ways.

Totally wrong. Love isn't friendship. It don't have to be both ways. It's just a feeling inside person.
    Don't want to argue about the whole post. No new thoughts in it, only repeating the ususl crap.

7. saski_kojiro said:

Totally wrong. Love isn't friendship. It don't have to be both ways. It's just a feeling inside person.
    Don't want to argue about the whole post. No new thoughts in it, only repeating the ususl crap.

And if she's not the one who loves you too, Then you're not loving someone, you're loving something. You are in love with an object.

And if you are loving something, then that love is gonna bite you in the ass. And you won't like it.

8. saski_kojiro said:

Agreeing. ( Btw, why making a new account for posting that? Stand to your word. )

To be honest, Kanaris, this is just tiring. There is nothing in for me.
    It seems like you don't want to dicuss something, but just try to force your opinions on me:

MasterInfamous said:

ANYBODY can love the 2D world

That's exactly what I said. CAN is not an absolutizing term.
    While you and companions conclude baselessly: preference of 2D -> social disorder etc
    Again, stop generalizing.

MasterInfamous said:

expressing themselves through it to show their imagination.

Aren't you completely missing the point?
    Showing their imagination to whom? For what? Why express? I don't even intend to express it to others.
    I indulge in the 2D for my own personal happiess.

MasterInfamous said:

DOING something with their lives

Who are you that you even dare to decide if someone has done something with his life?
    That's something an individual decides for himself. Period.
    Though you are free to have your own opinion.

MasterInfamous said:

doing something productive with themselves

And again.

MasterInfamous said:

era of people who has actually done something with themselves ( Romantic period )

And again.
    *sigh*
    Well, you know what I want to say.
    You use this phrase way too much. And they really were just a bunch of dreamers besides the media they used to express themselves. The fact that they created their own world, and liked living in it, was what I wanted to compare.

MasterInfamous said:

Well I'm not telling anyone to be "better".

That's exactly what you are doing.

MasterInfamous said:

doing nothing with yourself won't help you be a better person

*facepalm*

MasterInfamous said:

working to change your reality

Exactly, it's the reality of the respective individual. Not yours. Everybody creates his own reality.
    It's changed everytime you look at it from a different angle. It's that simple. There is no consistent "true" reality.

Also, found a nice quote: "You can not use your own measurements and definition of happiness for everybody."

MasterInfamous said:

some analogy with atheists and stuff

I think you misunderstood what it means to be an atheist.
    It means that you deny the existance of god(s). Nothing more.
    The question if religion is beneficial to mankind is not it's concern.
    Not to mention that this was completely irrelevant to our topic.

MasterInfamous said:

Because love has to be both ways.

Wrong. Go read it up in a dictionary or something.

MasterInfamous said:

Does she love you?
    Believing in something doesn't mean you're knowing something.

What kind of question is that? I created her in my mind, so I would obviously know what I personally thought of.

Nobody loves something directly, but what you make of it yourself. What you love is what is shaped of certain inputs, may it be through a girl or media, in your mind. The moment I wished for it, her existence was established in my reality. I love a person. A person I created myself.

I will end it here. This post is probably pretty worthless for use in a real discussion. You gave me a emotional response and I in turn answered you very emotionally. I won't post again since it only eats up my time without gaining something.

So, am I the only one left representing this standpoint? I actually thought there were more of my kind here.

9. Deth said:

The point of all this tirade/life story is - NOT - about the image of Hinako, but the defense in one's belief and enjoyment of imagination, regardless of what it is.

It was apparent that Larmes thought his was the determination story to be had, and that the end results needed to be emulated as he directed, and he also considered it a FULL LIFE experience, despite being only in his mid-twenties.

I'm pretty sure I didn't say it was about an anime character's panties in front of her face >_>; I still don't get why people put so much effort into "in-depth" conversation with people they'll never meet, and who can easily be erased. Where the fuck did the hentai go?

10. But you have to know the difference between ... Being cynical gets you nowhere.

Congratulations for totally not understanding what I wanted to express. I said that he does only know his life, and cannot claim to know what is good and what works for everyone. Taking quotes out of context gets you nowhere.

The potential of doing something productive with themselves. Like making music, creating art, design the next video game, or invent something that can tangibly put people in the 2D world. All that by using the imagination of the 2D world. Being a shut-in doing nothing with yourself won't help you be a better person. Like I said,
    success is not the only goal to achieve in life. And using a cheap thrill to make me happy doesn't give me true happiness, just a false hope of satisfaction for the moment. And trust me, it's not limited to people who have chosen to make the 2D world their hobby.

I shall just quote myself - you cannot use your own measurements for everybody.
    Also, we can assume that you really do look down on all the people who do not fulfill your standards of living a 'productive' and 'fulfilled' life? This is sad.

Do you know the word "hypocrisy"?

That's a limited view of human beings. Just because lives end doesn't mean there shouldn't be life. Just because people will only know me for my deeds should not stop me from doing the deeds. Are you telling me that scientist should stop making discoveries of our universe, artist giving up their work, and people stop interacting with other people just because in the end we become "nothing"?

It is a very complete view of human beings actually. There would be a lot less problems in the world if people weren't so full of themselves in general, thinking that they know everything and are something. Everybody is the protagonist of his own life, and that's that. I just wanted to call out on his view of the world and himself. I never meant that life is useless, but only that people should not think of themselves as too important.

Those who are anti-social and chose the 2D world , most likely are Hikkikomori.

You have to differ between those who really suffered deep emotional scars and went into reclusion - without necessarily going into 2D - and those who simply are anti-social, misanthropic, w/e and chose the 2D world. If it is the former you rant about, you could knock on their rooms and try to be Misaki. But it is not them I was talking about, I mainly focused on the latter.
    Once again, you cannot decide for them. It is reckless enough to assume that all of them already think that life holds nothing for them - they may just enjoy it in a way that you do not understand.
    Not everybody who prefers 2D has given up on life (maybe on reproduction though) and not everybody who has given up on life indulges in a fantasy world instead.

Now I shall rest the case, too.

11. Diorte said:

I'm pretty sure I didn't say it was about an anime character's panties in front of her face >_>; I still don't get why people put so much effort into "in-depth" conversation with people they'll never meet, and who can easily be erased. Where the fuck did the hentai go?

Why is meeting someone so important? When all you are likely to do at most is talk.

12. Isnt the point a conversation the exchange of information?

13. I read every single post and Firetribe pretty much summed it all up.
    @Minn
    Hikki/NEET are not exclusive to japan I am a living example to that.(No anime did not influence this in any way)

@Larmes
    Your words hit me like a truck.

@Night
    I think as pessimistic as you and I can say you are wrong to believe we cannot escape the vicious spiral that entraps us.

14. I usually don't expect responses so soon. Just to let you too know that this is my last response. I will apologize for any confusion and misunderstandings but my point will still stand rather you will agree to me or not. My only wish is TO READ THE WHOLE THING FIRST!

loli in a box said:

To be honest, Kanaris, this is just tiring. There is nothing in for me.
    It seems like you don't want to dicuss something, but just try to force your opinions on me:

What's so tiring about me posting my first response to you? Expressing my opinions in a critical light does not mean I'm forcing my opinions on you. If I made it out that way, I apologize. I can't stop anybody from being who they are. But it doesn't mean I shouldn't have my say in it. I did not tell you to stop loving your waifu. What I'm saying is why make it out like 3D women can't share love to you AS WELL, why devote your life to that waifu and equate it to natural love between two real people and not simple infatuation love?

That's exactly what I said. CAN is not an absolutizing term.
    While you and companions conclude baselessly: preference of 2D -> social disorder etc
    Again, stop generalizing.

I have not made the assumption that liking the 2D world more is a disorder. I mean it as using the 2D world as an escapism on real life and staying content with it not doing anything to use it as a drive to help your reality. I CAN love alcohol because I don't like the job that I work at. Does that mean I should drink myself silly instead of finding a career that's right for me?

Aren't you completely missing the point?
    Showing their imagination to whom? For what? Why express? I don't even intend to express it to others.
    I indulge in the 2D for my own personal happiess.

Then you are missing my point. Let me give you an example. There was once a dude who was orphaned and was on his own two feet. Even worse he was blind since age six due to an illness. He'd happen to get into music as an escapism because it makes him happy. He got more into music, particularly in soul music and the blues. Little did the future hold that he would become Ray Charles, one of the most respected artist in the industry. Say what you will about him and my example but it doesn't disprove that he used his escapism to improve his life. If your using it just to indulge yourself and not using it to improve what you have about yourself not to gain success and riches but using the 2D world as a drive to make your 3D world seem more beneficial to you, Then using the 2D world as an easy way out is only cheating yourself. I can't do anything about it. Only to express my concerns and say to them that there's something out there for them, it just takes time to achieve it.

Who are you that you even dare to decide if someone has done something with his life?
    That's something an individual decides for himself. Period.
    Though you are free to have your own opinion.

Excuse me, since when you had the authority to assume I'm deciding for anybody. I can't do anything about the choices they made in their lives. Only to express my thoughts on how their choices affect them. I could be wrong, but it doesn't stop me from saying it. And it's not deciding for or forcing opinions on anybody. It's called telling you how I feel. You can ignore what I said, but it's not going to shut me up and not say something about it every once in a while or at least once. The only time you should say that I'm deciding for anyone or force my opinions on anyone, is when I do it aggressively to the point that I say "do this because it's the right thing to do". I'm not telling anybody to "do the right thing". I'm telling people that using a shortcut or the easy way out won't truly solve anything. I barely respond like this because I must understand everyone's view point and situation. But there will come a time when I speak my thoughts on something even if it's something that I don't agree with and might offend people. I could be bitching everyday that it's wrong for people to be lolicons, that it's wrong for Schrobby to be a socialist, that it's wrong for Gantz to watch FOX news, But I don't. Because I don't see why I should decide what's right and wrong for everybody. Deciding what's right or wrong is a personal choice, nobody should decide for them. But it's not a reason why I can't say anything about it. If I am free to have my own opinion, Then let me speak it.

And again.

Because I'm just saying that staying content with an escapism and using it to your advantage won't solve anything. Like I said I could be wrong, but it doesn't stop me from saying something in disagreement. I'm not telling anyone how to live their lives. Only saying that you can do something with your situation and use it to your advantage. You can ignore me IT'S YOUR CHOICE. But I'm also making the choice to say something about it. I'm not forcing you to do anything, Only telling you how I fell about it.

And again.
    *sigh*
    Well, you know what I want to say.
    You use this phrase way too much. And they really were just a bunch of dreamers besides the media they used to express themselves. The fact that they created their own world, and liked living in it, was what I wanted to compare.

Because I have to repeat myself to you. It's the fact that they were dreamers and use that dreaming to their advantage makes the big difference here. People who made an era of art is not really comparable to someone who is just trying to get the next posters, figures and Dakimakuras, of their favorite anime character. And if it is comparable, the big difference is that they've done something to their advantage.

That's exactly what you are doing.

No, telling someone like "you suck at life, do something else cause it's what's best for you" Is me telling you to be "better". Me implying that there is something that you can use to your advantage is not forcing anything to
    anybody. I'm not telling you to "do it". I'm saying "You can do it, nothing should stop you" Should I reevaluate my context of my post so you can understand it better.

*facepalm*

*rolls eyes*
    I apologize. Let me reevaluate in context (But let me remind you, I'm not telling you to be better or decide, Even an idiot knows that doing nothing to improve yourself won't get you to be something better). What I mean by that is sitting on your ass and imagining yourself that you have this better life and not doing something to have this better life is not good reasoning. If you want to have a better life, what's stopping you from doing it (Like I said, it's not limited to success and riches and finding a medium to express yourself.) Sure, everyone can dream and imagine. I do it all the time. But dreaming an imagining AND DOING JUST THAT won't get me nowhere. There's a thing called pursuing your dreams. I don't feel content on dreaming for the rest of my life. I want to do something about it and use it to my advantage. So I'll tell you this (And I'm being careful with my context) I can't tell you how to live life (If I'm doing it, I apologize. Merely suggesting something IS NOT forcing anybody anything.) I'm just asking, why feel hopeless about yourself and being content in your indulgence and just that because you're not satisfied with what you got, instead of doing something that could get you where you want to be in your life. I'M NOT FORCING YOU TO DO ANYTHING. I am only asking you.

Exactly, it's the reality of the respective individual. Not yours. Everybody creates his own reality.
    It's changed everytime you look at it from a different angle. It's that simple. There is no consistent "true" reality.

Also, found a nice quote: "You can not use your own measurements and definition of happiness for everybody."

I can't tell you to be happy or to find happiness. What I'm saying there shouldn't be an easy way to be happy and a shortcut cut to find happiness. If you are happy with you waifu, that's fine with me. What I'm saying is if your content WITH JUST THAT AND NOTHING MORE. Well to me, that's just a shortcut.

I think you misunderstood what it means to be an atheist.
    It means that you deny the existance of god(s). Nothing more.
    The question if religion is beneficial to mankind is not it's concern.
    Not to mention that this was completely irrelevant to our topic.

You misunderstood the entire argument. If that's your view on the matter, then you need to see more topics and arguments on atheism. I'm implying to the argument made by theists that believing in a god helps them, it makes them happy. and has done them a lot of good. So for that case, atheist shouldn't be critical of religion and theism and let everybody believe what they believe with nobody giving their disagreement about that. If atheists aren't impressed by that argument, Why should I be impressed by your argument that truly believing that your waifu is your one and only helps you, it makes you happy. And had done you a lot of good. So for that case, I shouldn't be critical of you and your choice of love and let you believe what you believe without giving their disagreement about it.

Wrong. Go read it up in a dictionary or something.

What I mean by love, I'm implying the love between two people which you compare your situation to. I know people who do the waifu thing aren't comparing their situations to the love of someone and their car. I love my computer because of what it does for me, Does that mean I should marry it?

What kind of question is that? I created her in my mind, so I would obviously know what I personally thought of.

Pardon my discrimination but who is your waifu? If she is just someone you made up, Then that's having an imaginary friend (imaginary wife to be more precise). I can't judge you for it. But hat's all what it is.

Nobody loves something directly, but what you make of it yourself. What you love is what is shaped of certain inputs, may it be through a girl or media, in your mind. The moment I wished for it, her existence was established in my reality. I love a person. A person I created myself.

That's a limited view of love. Especially the love between two people, in which you are comparing an comprehending your love to. loves someONE directly because of what you make of it yourself. Love (and I'm speaking of the love between two people, in which you are comparing an you and your love to.) It's not just simply admiration. It's one willing to make sacrifices in order to make that one happy. And it has to be both ways. Her not doing the same only makes the love unilateral, not true love.

I will end it here. This post is probably pretty worthless for use in a real discussion. You gave me a emotional response and I in turn answered you very emotionally. I won't post again since it only eats up my time without gaining something.

The feeling is mutual.

So, am I the only one left representing this standpoint? I actually thought there were more of my kind here.

On to Night.

Night said:

Congratulations for totally not understanding what I wanted to express. I said that he does only know his life, and cannot claim to know what is good and what works for everyone. Taking quotes out of context gets you nowhere.

I already knew what you made when you made that post. You are misunderstanding me when I'm saying is that there is no excuse for anyone to improve and take advantage their situation. Yes there are rod block put in place against them, but it shouldn't discourage any from trying. And if thing come unexpected, that's no reason to cow down and give up.

I shall just quote myself - you cannot use your own measurements for everybody.
    Also, we can assume that you really do look down on all the people who do not fulfill your standards of living a 'productive' and 'fulfilled' life? This is sad.

Again I can't tell what's happy for people. But cheating yourself to be happy isn't going to help.

Not this again.

It is a very complete view of human beings actually. There would be a lot less problems in the world if people weren't so full of themselves in general, thinking that they know everything and are something. Everybody is the protagonist of his own life, and that's that. I just wanted to call out on his view of the world and himself. I never meant that life is useless, but only that people should not think of themselves as too important.

And you accusing me of reading out of context. I said, just because lives end doesn't mean there shouldn't be life. Just because people will only know me for my deeds should not stop me from doing the deeds. My point is not forcing anybody to do/be/work for anything. I haven't anybody to be full of themselves. I'm implying that if you have potential, why should you waste it so frivolously. That's not a demand, it's a question.

You have to differ between those who really suffered deep emotional scars and went into reclusion - without necessarily going into 2D - and those who simply are anti-social, misanthropic, w/e and chose the 2D world. If it is the former you rant about, you could knock on their rooms and try to be Misaki. But it is not them I was talking about, I mainly focused on the latter.
    Once again, you cannot decide for them. It is reckless enough to assume that all of them already think that life holds nothing for them - they may just enjoy it in a way that you do not understand.
    Not everybody who prefers 2D has given up on life (maybe on reproduction though) and not everybody who has given up on life indulges in a fantasy world instead.

I know I can't decide for them. But letting people rot themselves and say nothing about it is pretty unreasonable. That's what's Japan is doing to hikikomori and that's not a good way to help. Like I said
    there are plenty of reasons why people are hikikomori. It's the fact that they reserve to be less open about themselves is the issue.
    Yes, I should not judge. But that does not keep me from expressing my concerns neither.

Now I shall rest the case, too.

And I'm fucking done too.

sycamore said:

Why is meeting someone so important? When all you are likely to do at most is talk.

Why is not meeting someone so great? When all you are likely to do at the most is talk to yourself.

You know what, I give. Please! for the love of fuck don't make a response because I won't respond back. I've had it. You do whatever you like. And I will try my hardest to respond you. And would only discuss something like this to someone up close and personal. Don't bother to respond cause I'm not going to hang out in this thread any longer. Let's just act like this never happened.

Have a nice life!

~KanarisBlog

15. sycamore said:

I guess I get out too much.

You must log in to post.