Sankaku Complex Forums » General

Trance Music

1. arielaol said:
    please forgive me for that one bad video ><

Really, it's fine. It's not like you're the one who made the song. :P

Posted 5 years ago # Quote
  2. giascle said:

It's just the arrangement of the song. You can't really call it a remix if you just make an entirely original song and randomly insert another song in the middle. While the original parts are pretty good (I'm not a fan of house, but this is better than usual), as a remix it just falls apart. It doesn't help that I absolutely love You, and I feel it's degraded when someone turns such an emotional piece into upbeat dance music.

i cant help but agree with that...theres not much i can say...but i my self didnt like the fact that they changed the song in the middle but the intro was what made me like it...and its not cool to remix a sad/emotional song too...i usually hate when the do that...eg: Dango Daikazoku from Clannad...

giascle said:
    Really, it's fine. It's not like you're the one who made the song. :P

im not truly upset...and i uploaded 6 others to replace that one "bad" one...so dont feel any guilt ^^U
    [as long as i dont post *serious* on top of my post dont take it seriously]

3. arielaol said:

and its not cool to remix a sad/emotional song too...i usually hate when the do that...eg: Dango Daikazoku from Clannad...

Coincidentally, AQ's Dango Daikazoku remix is the only song like that I enjoy. Not as sad, sure, but not completely happy, either; it's more hopeful, which works well. I even asked him if he could send it to me, but he said he doesn't allow others to download unofficial remixes.

4. giascle said:

ALR does a lot of trance, but they cover much more than that. Like a more dance-oriented IOSYS, I guess. I really know nothing about Sound Online, sorry.

Tsukasa's stuff is some that's on ALiCE'S EMOTiON works. :3. I listen to lot of Touhou rmx works but fav has to be IOSYS, Konagusuri, and ALiCE'S EMOTiON affiliates (REDALiCE, ALR, CiS-Trance, TSUKASA/Sound Online and few more I can't remember)

for other remix works, I just listen by track to track usually.

5. Barachem said:
    Ah trance, what i mostly listen to.
    I also produce it as well.

Here's some tracks i really like:

FoolyDooly said:

one of my favorite of all time: one also got me into doujin music scene

these i really enjoyed

giascle said:
    Now we're talkin'
    favorite genre right hur

I'm a hard/anthem trance person, so my favorite artists by far are Alphazone; there will never be a better example of both styles. If you like this, download Resonate 5 this second.

Dumonde is older, but I believe they were one of Alphazone's inspirations. Even in 2001, they had an incredibly refined sound as good as many songs coming out today. The vocal mix is better, but I can't find it on YouTube.

And just to wrap up, I despise Tiesto, Above and Beyond are ok sometimes, Armin van Buuren is good.

- Alphazone is ok in my list i have a few of theire songs
    - Dumonde: is a good DJ i have great respect for his work
    - Tiesto: i dont despise him... i just skip any songs that i hear that are by him ^^U (too much meh...)
    -Above & beyond are my favs...so i dont need to say more
    -Armin van Buuren was the #1 DJ in the world last year...of course hes good...but i did not like his a state of trance 2009 album...i bought it and comparing it to 2006 one...its pretty crappy...[<----subjective] ...[I loved a state of trance 2006 album]

6. arielaol said:

- Alphazone is ok in my list i have a few of theire songs
    - Dumonde: is a good DJ i have great respect for his work
    - Tiesto: i dont despise him... i just skip any songs that i hear that are by him ^^U (too much meh...)
    -Above & beyond are my favs...so i dont need to say more
    -Armin van Buuren was the #1 DJ in the world last year...of course hes good...but i did not like his a state of trance 2009 album...i bought it and comparing it to 2006 one...its pretty crappy...[<----subjective] ...[I loved a state of trance 2006 album]

Dumonde is (was, actually) two people.

I don't like any Tiesto songs. His best by far is Adagio for Strings, and that's only okay. Yet he's somehow one of the biggest in the world, and he lets it get to him as well. I looked at his Top 10 songs on Beatport, and 5 of them are by him. ( ´_ゝ`) Good DJ, maybe. Good producer, absolutely not.

I like Oceanlab, but many of Above & Beyond's songs are very airy so it's hard to tell what the tune is, and for me, the melody comes before anything else. I actually have a rather small library because I'm so selective.

I haven't heard ASoT 2009, but I heard Ramsterdam (Jorn van Deynhoven Remix) from it, and it's become my favorite song of the year. I was really disappointed with the original mix, especially since Ram just broke off from Bas and Ram, who were very high up there in hardtrance. The remix makes it amazing, though.

Anyway, for Japanese trance, my favorites are Nish, Minamotoya, and Heavens Wire.

7. http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Trois

so many good tracks under this disc...

Crazy Full Moon (TSUKASA Mix) - REDALiCE/ (forgot vocalist's name)/TSUKASA

Underground Bridge - REDALiCE

8. doing synth work using Elek7ro. FUCKING LOVE IT. FM Synth is closest to old arithmetic ones.

I'm gonna try other ones. tnx

9. You can't really say trance without Aura Qualic!!!!

10. FoolyDooly said:
    doing synth work using Elek7ro. FUCKING LOVE IT. FM Synth is closest to old arithmetic ones.

I'm gonna try other ones. tnx

Oh, I forgot Synth1. That is by far the best free softsynth; I just can't use it because it's VST-only.

11. hard trance :) alex kidd and kid kaos live.. bangin..

Alex Kidd
    [url=

DJ Kidd Kaos
    [url=

12. djmatrix said:
    hard trance :) alex kidd and kid kaos live.. bangin..

DJ Kidd Kaos
    [url=

This guy's got great energy.

13. Posted 5 years ago # Quote
  14. Posted 5 years ago # Quote
  15. Posted 5 years ago # Quote
  16. Posted 5 years ago # Quote
  17. Sad to see this thread die so young...

Posted 4 years ago # Quote
  18. Not really Trance but close enough...

Posted 4 years ago # Quote

You must log in to post.