Sankaku Complex Forums » Anime

Wishful PS4 thinking

1. http://design-milk.com/playstation-4/

I doubt we'd ever see a console like that. Ever. Sony can barely make the PS3 smaller as it is, like they'd have the technology to make it ultra thin and transparent while being better than the PS3 at the same time.

Posted 5 years ago # Quote
  2. Diorte said:
    http://design-milk.com/playstation-4/

I doubt we'd ever see a console like that. Ever. Sony can barely make the PS3 smaller as it is, like they'd have the technology to make it ultra thin and transparent while being better than the PS3 at the same time.

nanotechnology can make it happen

3. Thats just an old spoof design. I've seen it before. The ps3 doesn't need any upgrading. The game companies can barely turn out games utilizing all funtions of the ps3 as it is without going broke. I do hope they put a better cpu in it though.

4. ZetsubouNinja said:

nanotechnology can make it happen

Not anytime soon >_>;

There really isn't any reason to introduce another console. Graphics are about as good as they're gonna get. Companies can make graphics look better if they spent more time on it, the 360 and PS3 and handle it. I don't think we'll see another new console for another 5-6 years.

5. Diorte said:
    http://design-milk.com/playstation-4/

Reminds me of this.

6. I suppose that this thread is no longer relevant, but this design is still interesting.

Posted 1 year ago # Quote
  7. Draken said:
    Thats just an old spoof design. I've seen it before. The ps3 doesn't need any upgrading. The game companies can barely turn out games utilizing all funtions of the ps3 as it is without going broke. I do hope they put a better cpu in it though.

Yet companies making PC games can pump out better graphics with the same or less budgets (not including art)? It was just the Cell system causing issues

The pS4 fixed this by going x86 which means it is piss easy to code for (not like I am actually going to buy one)

8. spacesavage said:

The pS4 fixed this by going x86 which means it is piss easy to code for

We'll see about.

9. Cantido said:

We'll see about.

Do you not know what x86 means?

10. That comment was made 3 years ago.

11. Meh, I have quoted older

12. spacesavage said:
    Meh, I have quoted older

I was assuming it is the intel processor family.

I just realized I didn't even finish my sentence, "We'll see about that soon enough." Not contesting that it won't be easy to code for, but will it prove fruitful. I actually don't know what went awry with the 3rd party support at this point- PSV had a bad start, sure, but I at this point don't see why this console can't get games. It actually isn't as hard to develop for the Vita as I previously thought. I'm withholding all judgment until my twitter feed starts picking up in the coming months.

But as it stands now, I've heard no complaints outside of that speculated and debunked no second hand game thing. If they can perfected the browser, this could actually be the best "home media PC" ever. I'd actually ingrate the Media Go (as it is pretty solid and very attractive to people like us) as the default media player.

Things actually don't "bad" for this new console. The touch pad isn't a stupid idea this time.

I could hate this thing in a heartbeat if it is half a grand at launch. I just got a PS3 in August. So yeah.

13. Cantido said:

I was assuming it is the intel processor family.

I just realized I didn't even finish my sentence, "We'll see about that soon enough." Not contesting that it won't be easy to code for, but will it prove fruitful. I actually don't know what went awry with the 3rd party support at this point- PSV had a bad start, sure, but I at this point don't see why this console can't get games. It actually isn't as hard to develop for the Vita as I previously thought. I'm withholding all judgment until my twitter feed starts picking up in the coming months.

But as it stands now, I've heard no complaints outside of that speculated and debunked no second hand game thing. If they can perfected the browser, this could actually be the best "home media PC" ever. I'd actually ingrate the Media Go (as it is pretty solid and very attractive to people like us) as the default media player.

Things actually don't "bad" for this new console. The touch pad isn't a stupid idea this time.

I could hate this thing in a heartbeat if it is half a grand at launch. I just got a PS3 in August. So yeah.

1. 'Fruitful' is an understatement. Devs have been quite public about PS being difficult to code for since PS2. Hopefully they won't be able to use this excuse anymore to halfass ports, now that it and Xbox will share similar architechture.

2. Vita just hasn't penetrated market that deep. There's a reason why Sony kept on being pressured to lower the price of the thing and those damn proprietary memory cards. Japan got some boost, but NA and elsewhere will still be broke for some more time.

3. Shuhei Yoshida seemed crass but honest when Eurogamer posed the question on used games to him, lol. The words he used though were still quite vague and open to interpretation(they still hold the technology to make the restriction possible). Considering Sony's past history, some skepticism on their honesty is healthy for any concerned individual.

14. The specs are pretty unimpressive it's just a mid range PC but castrated by a locked down custom OS.
    You could say it's like a retard 2013 version of the IBM PCjr.

Sony might as well fire their entire OS division as they're no longer needed actually they never were needed and turn over building the OS to one of several Linux companies.
    Then sell it as a media PC that can be used like a game console.
    The media part of Sony may not like this but Sony pictures and music has been holding back the rest of the company for years.

If not for the paranoia and and fear of piracy Sony could have turned the PS3 into a true media hub and maybe marketed Cell as a new computing platform to replace X86.

15. PS4 is going to be shit

/thread

16. The only thing I like is the AMD Radeon Graphics card they are going to put into the system.I just don't really like the idea of how they are going to replace used gaming market with Cloud gaming.

17. aneko said:
    I suppose that this thread is no longer relevant, but this design is still interesting.

Yeah, if only they actually would make it happen. Though, I'd be afraid that controller would snap in half.

18. Myballz said:
    The only thing I like is the AMD Radeon Graphics card they are going to put into the system.I just don't really like the idea of how they are going to replace used gaming market with Cloud gaming.

I think the cloud gaming concept is going to fail badly.

19. Cloud gaming is shit.

20. It all depends on developers and publishers. If they don't have to worry about manufacturing and distributing, they might actually lower the cost of new games. Right now developers are stuck at the $60 price point no matter what the game is. There's been a handful of games that were released at less than that but they were all seen as not as good, simply because they were cheaper than every other game on the shelf. It doesn't seem like people think about it the same way though, when it comes to digital copies of games. Also, the devs won't have to pack their games with loads of useless shit just to make their game long enough to make it seem worth $60. So you can end up with a more focused experience.

I know my idea is just laden with optimism, but I don't think it's unrealistic. I know companies like EA will probably stick to what they've been doing since it's made them a bazillion dollars, but a disc-less system should lower the financial threshold and allow smaller companies to get their game out there.

Reply »

You must log in to post.