Sankaku Complex Forums » Meta

1. Hi, is there any way to search the site using the md5 hash for images from here?
    I'm asking because a bunch of images I saved from here got corrupted and all I have is the filenames to use to try and get them back. I tried changing the image url, but all I get is the redirect.png even if it's a completely correct url the image came from (I think I know why, just can't find an easy way around it).

Posted 1 year ago # Quote
  2. Google it, srsly it works decently well. copy paste the Md5 into Google. :3.

3. trimead said:
    Google it, srsly it works decently well. copy paste the Md5 into Google. :3.

I have been doing that of course, but it doesn't always work or lead back here. And the ones that Google does find are usually on some foreign or dead site I have to work around to get to the image. It hasn't been pleasant trying to get those images back (and I have a ton to go through). Thanks for trying to help though.

4. Raul, please link to your profile at least, thanks.

Adam, might I suggest you read the search documentation prominently linked on every page:

http://chan.sankakucomplex.com/wiki/show?title=help%3A_quick_guide

I apologise for it perhaps not being so much of a "quick" guide any more, but the 7th item down explains you can search md5:dc73fa6f48d6496ced1f934c56e31f25 to pinpoint the post with the desired MD5.

There are a lot of other options there which may help with your task.

Also consider maintaining your favourites on the Channel as well if that appeals, as they aren't going anywhere and the site is very extensively backed up and highly redundant.

5. Artefact said:
    Adam, might I suggest you read the search documentation prominently linked on every page:
    http://chan.sankakucomplex.com/wiki/show?title=help%3A_quick_guide

Wow, I feel so ashamed.
    That was the first place I looked for help and somehow missed it.
    I mean, I don't even know why I didn't even try ctrl+f either.
    Thanks, I really appreciate it.

6. Avatar Image

leo

If there are a lot of duplicate pic how do I mark them for delection and want are the rules

7. darkbleach said:
    If there are a lot of duplicate pic how do I mark them for delection and want are the rules

=====

ALL duplicates are being attended to... and will be deleted soon.

8. Avatar Image

leo

there many duplicate in sakaku channel which do I tag as duplicate the first post or pic size?

9. Really?

10. Hi, any news on the API ever coming back?
    Sankaku is pretty much impossible to use via parsing html due to constant time-out messages and couple of extra details that used to be obtainable from would of solve this.

11. darkbleach said:

Vulgar PMs are not necessary.

12. Greetings ~

In lieu of the start of this argumentative conversation that has no merits in anything related to the thread, a screen has been taken, and the issue will be looked into (not that it hasn't) with the results being sent to higher for further inquiry.

Also, these posts shall be deleted...

However, further displays of both parties continuing shall be noted, and placed in queue.

13. Leo, you can tag images with parent/child relationships, find similar makes it easy to do this. The parent should be the "best" or original version of an image.

We generally maintain similar versions of the same images as children, and only delete images which are clearly lower resolution, quality, etc.

datazbytes, the API is on hiatus as it and various other mechanical methods of access caused a lot of issues whilst being unusably complex for the overwhelming majority of users. If you do notice any timeouts, let us know as most of them should be resolved.

14. Hello,
    I'm getting a lot of "redirect.png" for about 10% of pages, e.g. here:
    http://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/1888915

I'm using Opera, JS is enabled, referrer info is enabled, all cookies are enabled, blocking is disabled.

waiting for some minutes and trying again does not help.
    (It usually helps when I get "too many request".)

What's going on?
    And:
    It there anything I can to about it?
    If "Yes":
    What can I do about it?

Edit: In addition, I got "page is not available" or so when trying to post this. A 2nd attempt succeeded. Overload much, perhaps?

15. Why was the penis thread closed?

16. the-envoy said:
    Why was the penis thread closed?

A thread closed without any reason stated are not allowed to be discuss.

17. According to whom?

18. aneko said:
    According to whom?

To what I see and what happens so far =O. At least the Mods are all keeping quiet when asked.

19. I'm not going to bother explaining the flaw in this reasoning.

I would recommend moving any discussion of moderation to another thread, though.

20. Rules
    You can't post illegal* content. Furthermore if the community or the mods don't like it/have a bad day, it will be deleted/closed.

*CP

Reply »

You must log in to post.