Sankaku Complex Forums » Meta

1. Have other people not been getting the CloudFlare error page recently?

Posted 1 year ago # Quote
  2. Deth said:

No Sir, not just you.

I also get it once in awhile as well...especially when a new article is being placed and when the pages are going through maintenance.

I know I will get that when new article being updated but Im kinda getting it frequently even without any article updates.

3. having login issues - no problem on articles and comments, can't login to Channel with the same password.

4. ryusoma said:
    having login issues - no problem on articles and comments, can't login to Channel with the same password.

I think the Forum/Main/Article and Channel have diff User/Password.
    In short you need another account for Channel.

5. ryusoma said:
    having login issues - no problem on articles and comments, can't login to Channel with the same password.

========

sylphin said:

I think the Forum/Main/Article and Channel have diff User/Password.
    In short you need another account for Channel.

========

Yes, the channel requires a different (login) than the one for the forums...

If you have any difficulties, please contact me via PM

6. Has anything changed in the last day or so? I'm using the same setup as ever (Opera 11.64, accepting cookies, sending referrer info, allowing JavaScript, no proxies, normally I use Ghostery, but I disabled it and it made no difference. No disk cache, but flushing cache and restarting doesn't help) and whenever I try to view anything on either channel, thumbnails or images, I see the redirect image. It's been this way for me all day now. It seems I can see the thumbnail on the main blog page if I don't switch to another one, and sometimes I can see the resized image if I click on it from the blog, but everything else is redirect.png.

Just in the last hour, I'm finding I can now sometimes see some thumbnails, or the first image or two that I click on, but then others are redirected. It's very inconsistent. Is the max allowable requests per client down to like, 2 or something?

7. aneko said:
    Have other people not been getting the CloudFlare error page recently?

I just got it..ONCE..

8. ...and I just tried the site again now and everything works perfectly and loads instantly. Still nothing changed on this end, but it all seems good now!

(edit: Spoke too soon. I was getting whole pages of thumbnails working and managed to load about 3 images in a row, and now it's all redirected again.)

9. aneko said:
    Have other people not been getting the CloudFlare error page recently?

I'm getting this error all the time on my computer, yet almost never on my phone. This is how I'm able to write this message. I've tried on Opera and Chrome and I get the same error. I haven't yet figured out how to get passed it.

10. Got it working... I had referrer info sent for chan.sankakucomplex.com, img.sankakucomplex.com, etc, but I guess cs, c1, c2, c3, c4.sankakucomplex.com must have just come into use and they weren't getting the data.

11. Im not seeing anyone else report this problem in the last few pages but recently images viewed via the RSS feed are dead. I can view them if i visit the site and cache all of the images but when viewing via an RSS reader they are all broken images.

12. The two most recent articles (at this time) are not shown above the forums.

13. I keep getting this error for the last 2 days or so:

Error establishing a database connection

14. That's an old one, but it's been more frequent recently.

15. sylphin said:
    I've been getting alot of "Page Cannot Be Served", "Http 500", "Database Establish Error" in the past 2 days while viewing profile and forum and sometimes the loading is really slow. Just me?

==============

Artwork said:
    I keep getting this error for the last 2 days or so:

Error establishing a database connection

Yup to the point its abit annoying. BUT I prolly will get this again so I stop askin =/.

Deth said:

No Sir, not just you.

I also get it once in awhile as well...especially when a new article is being placed and when the pages are going through maintenance.

Do the usual and it should - *fix* - itself in a few moments...

16. sylphin said:

==============

==========

Also ...

I had to refresh a few times - then - it worked fine...

17. amhran said:
    Im not seeing anyone else report this problem in the last few pages but recently images viewed via the RSS feed are dead. I can view them if i visit the site and cache all of the images but when viewing via an RSS reader they are all broken images.

RSS is dead because someone changed the sites access to block all hotlinks, according to provider cloudflare's announcement.

18. nilbot said:

RSS is dead because someone changed the sites access to block all hotlinks, according to provider cloudflare's announcement.

I hope they fix this soon... Due to having youngsters around I dont like to keep Sankaku Complex open for obvious reasons, its easy to hide it in my RRS feed though!

19. Imyou, if you are changing the expected behaviour of your browser you'll have to take care that it does not break sites.

DB issues should be very rare now, again. CloudFlare is set to be very conservative about blocking suspect users, so I don't think it will bringing up many false positives. It is certainly stopping a lot of spammers.

Google and their hotlinking reader are unfortunately out of luck at present, as we aren't able to whitelist them (although with their Images update I can't say I am too inclined to continue accommodating them)... a web-based reader which caches the images or a program-type one which returns no referrers will work fine though.

20. The registration captcha was offline over the last day - sorry about that, it should be OK again now.

Reply »

You must log in to post.