Sankaku Complex Forums » Meta

1. Sorry for the late response. That snippet of CSS, when written over the current rules for div#sticky.stick, would add a scrollbar to the sidebar when the contents of said sidebar are too large to display.

You should use some webdev functionality of your browser to try it out and see for yourself.

The only issue I see is that it *might* not work in all browsers, I only tested in Chrome and Firefox.

Posted 1 year ago # Quote
  2. Artefact said:

Ryan, you are not blocked and the only way the redirect comes into play is with invalid referrers... this can only be an issue with missing or incorrect HTTP referrers, of that I'm pretty sure.

Dear Artefact,

Can you tell me how can I fix a missing or incorrect HTTP referrers?
    I tried to google it but there wasn't anything I could try or use.

And thank you for helping me.

3. Artefact said:
    The main issue is obviously that there are a lot of posts to sort through in cases like that, but further complicating the issue is there are legitimate reasons for having some "duplicates" - the duplicate could be a different source of the same image, a different resolution, a later version by the same artist, a different file format or jpg compression level, fixed vs unfixed, etc. In many cases our policy would be to allow several versions of the same image in a parent child cluster.

So it is not quite as simple as going through and clicking "find similar" - and there are a variety of complex tags like this (nude_filter springs to mind), most of which require manual attention (although I think an automatic solution may at least be possible with "tagme" and "*_request").

With the volume of posts I do think some more moderators, taggers, tag translators and parenters are required though. Anyone interested is welcome to get in touch.

When Contributors "Can Moderate", exactly how much powers of moderation are granted? Contributors before me are able to moderate, but active Contributor numbers have dwindled.

I might not be sufficiently qualified, active or well known to be a SanChan Mod, but perhaps if Contributors such as I "Can Moderate = true", then I can be of some assistance.
    My "Imageboard Vitae", if you must.

[Thu, 17-Jan-2013, 11:48pm JST]

4. Umm... seems like I have half-assed my attempt to solve the referrer problem - the trouble was at my end - my flash killer/cache clearer - The FF extension Prefbar did not stop blocking refererrs just because I turned it of... my bad... it have to be actively set to "send referer" and then the page must be reloaded... so now idol-complex works for me
    perhaps this might help others..

5. Artefact said:
    Noodlestein, your malware suite is probably somehow at fault here. That is exactly the kind of software which will alter the referrers sent to the server, usually as part of crudely implemented "privacy protection" settings intended to stop sites seeing where you came from. You may need to check it out.

And it is possible that the browser saves the redirect image in its cache as the original and does not update it until you clear your cache or hard refresh, so you may need to take care over that.

Yeah, Malwarebytes and Danbooru Downloader(1.8) are to blame, turned malwarebytes off, and it was when I started looking at logs of danbooru sometimes on images it wasn't "finding" them when it was one that could be enlarged to the original size and thus was screwing a few things up here and there.
    even after clearing my cache it took it still threw up some redirect.png's here and there but now it's not a problem anymore.

Thanks for the help :)

6. 21bluebeard said:
    Umm... seems like I have half-assed my attempt to solve the referrer problem - the trouble was at my end - my flash killer/cache clearer - The FF extension Prefbar did not stop blocking refererrs just because I turned it of... my bad... it have to be actively set to "send referer" and then the page must be reloaded... so now idol-complex works for me
    perhaps this might help others..

21bluebeard,

How did you customize your PrefBar Button(checkbox) Send Referrer?
    Can you share details about PrefString, toPref and from Pref?

Or there is something else beyond those parameters?

7. Darkfader, there are is as yet no SSL access anywhere, although SPDY is looking like it may be an option, if that will help in such cases.

Reli, I'll see about getting that tested, thanks!

Man1, as anyone can edit tags and so on, the main difference comes down to approving images, so there is not nearly the jump in responsibility as on a forum or similar. In certain respects it is more a formal recognition you are helping out, as anyone who is logged in can help with much of this (if only some more of them would be so kind!).

As I've suggested to people with referrer issues - most of these seem to stem from referrer tampering on the part of add-ons and software suites, which may not always be obvious (and which, in fairness, we cannot really control for). If you are going to use software which alters all your web traffic by default, it would be wise to ensure you know exactly what it is getting up to.

We are experimenting with some new hosting arrangements (CloudFlare), so if anyone encounters issues of that nature, please do let us know. Initial results are excessively promising.

8. Yeah, everything started working again for me at least.

9. Artefact said:
    Man1, as anyone can edit tags and so on, the main difference comes down to approving images, so there is not nearly the jump in responsibility as on a forum or similar. In certain respects it is more a formal recognition you are helping out, as anyone who is logged in can help with much of this (if only some more of them would be so kind!).

Ah, I guess the gargantuan task of deleting duplicate or lower quality SanChan posts still falls on Mods & Admin. For other members, I suppose the best that can be done is tagging those posts as "duplicate".

[Tue, 22-Jan-2013, 9:43pm JST]

10. When can I use the API again? Right now I can't use either the xml nor the json.

11. I have a little problem. Firefox 18.0.1.

Attachments

1. sankaku.png 1 year old
  12. Mine also started doing that, just a few minutes ago.

13. >firefox

14. junpet said:
    I have a little problem. Firefox 18.0.1.

Got the same thing with firefox only.

15. The same.
    Seriously Sankaku seems to dislike Firefox for some reason.

16. Firefox uses the URL of the CSS file as the Referer when requesting the images, which is different from what Chrome and other browsers do (just use the page itself). I think Artefact (or whoever) is making the whole referer stuff a bit too strict.

17. Been like this for few days...

18. Been like this for few days...

Attachments

1. rsz_new_picture.jpg 1 year old
  19. Not for everyone, as evidenced by my earlier post.

20. Same problem with Firefox also

Reply »

You must log in to post.