Sankaku Complex Forums » General

1. Drawing water is difficult... (._.)

Attachments

1. Bottle_Miku_(resized).png 1 year old
    Posted 1 year ago # Quote
  2. usedtobe said:
    Drawing water is difficult... (._.)

They do look rather... 'gooey' than an agile body of water.

Try googling 'water splash' for images.

3. Avatar Image

Nin

usedtobe said:
    Bottle Miku

I actually think the water looks great this way. The lighting looks good.

4. Just my OC as chibi

Attachments

1. mashin_fum_by_mimuech-d56szmg.png 1 year old
  5. mimuech said:

I like the musical theme you chose.

6. Don't know much about music do ya?

7. giascle said:
    Don't know much about music do ya?

"Takes a second look" My Mistake.

8. hikikomori1969 said:
    This is the thing.

Awwwwwwwwwwe~ HOMU! :3

9. I was asked to draw a sketch for some kind of magical girl project going on somewhere I don't know. And it is unsurprisingly in my nature to create magical girls of any kind, so I couldn't refuse. Note that these characters are not my original, but someone else's, so I do not take credit for the original designs. The drawing and creative interpretation of the characters themselves, however, are mine. Maybe I'll get around to inking and coloring this on SAI sometime soon, too. That's where the going gets tough for me, since I have the worst movements with the pen on SAI, even with my tablet. These elbows and paws are just not jointed together that efficiently for human practices...

Attachments

1. VHeartsSketch1sm.png 1 year old
  10. Nothing against the artwork, but as magical girls they don't inspire confidence.

11. aneko said:
    Nothing against the artwork, but as magical girls they don't inspire confidence.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Also, the title of the project is "Virtuous Hearts" and the team behind it is called "MGP." For credit's sake.

12. I'm not sure about aneko's opinion, but as for me, I think their costumes aren't grand enough. Especially the girl on the left, she's practically just wearing regular clothes.

13. Apparently, they are wearing all breast plates and two of them have shoulder plates. That should come out a little more when inked, since I use a different quality of line thickness and direction with different textured materials. As for the design of the costumes, though, I was basing it off a rough drawing made by one of the character designers. I don't know for sure, but I think each character was designed/written by a different member of the group. The one who did the second one from the right is the one who approached me.
    To my knowledge, they are fans of PreCure and Utena. I definitely see the influence in the designs myself.

I appreciate any and all criticism, though. I already know a few things I plan on fixing when I eventually get to starting the final product. Particularly anatomy, posing, cheek position, line quality, hands, hair flow, and a few misunderstandings I made when turning this out compared to the original. The girl on the far left has a beauty mark beside/under her right eye and the actual hair for the girl with the glasses is a bit off.

14. juno016 said:

Color is magic.

15. juno016 said:

I really like this :)

16. xichisex said:

Awwwwwwwwwwe~ HOMU! :3

That is very old.

17. Whatta ya think? Pay no attention to the back hand, I've not decided on the background quite yet.

Attachments

1. asuka_skirt.png 1 year old
  18. Needs more anger.

19. I'm thinking, actually more of a teasing look. Asuka isn't angry ALL of the time. Besides, she's doing it on her own, anger would make no sense.

20. danhibiki said:
    I'm thinking, actually more of a teasing look. Asuka isn't angry ALL of the time. Besides, she's doing it on her own, anger would make no sense.

She could be forced to.

Reply »

You must log in to post.