Sankaku Complex Forums » General

1. Its nothing fancy and by all means I am not an expert, but about 6 years ago I used to color manga scans all the time because it was fun regardless of what proper colors actually went to certain characters. Now that I have time and photoshop again, I decided to start doing some. Just a few practice ones. And, no, I have no concept of where the light is. :| Deal with it.

Attachments

1. thesleep.png 1 year old
    2. before_and_after_ichi.png 1 year old
    Posted 1 year ago # Quote
  2. Muy bien! Great!

How do you keep the colors behind the lines? Is the whitespace actually transparent? Or do you just color on top of it?

3. I duplicate the main layer and then make the duplicated layer the topmost layer at all times. I then make a layer beneath it and fill that in all white. I then multiply the topmost layer so that any layers under it will be seen through. From there I usually start with the hair as the second topmost, then skin after that as the third topmost, and so on and so fourth. Then, but the end of it I have all the layer and I just ctrl+left click them and make more layers. Each base layer per item [meaning hair base or skin base] I make two more layers on top of each of those. The first top layer on each base is shadows and then the second layer on the base will be highlights.

By the end of it I usually come out with a minimum of 20 layers depending on what I color. It takes time. After it is all done I usually have the background as the last layer and edit whatever I feel like in the background. Then I change the color of the image as a whole and mess around with the temperatures and whatnot.

4. I'm not at all surprised about the number of layers. I go through a lot more on my drawings, usually. I just never knew thee were that many steps to just start coloring it. I'm not entirely fluent in photoshop but so it probably sounds like more work than it actually is to set it all up, right?

5. The only thing that is difficult for me is remember to label the layers. Sometimes I just don't give a damn and then I do ll the base layers and forget to name them, but by that time I already have some secondary layers per base and then it gets to be a mess. D;

6. I'm a really rude person, please forgive me, but I couldn't help it, I loved the idea at the start, but I realise I know nothing of perspective and completely changed it. Also, I haven't seen the animes, so I don't know her well enough.

Attachments

1. oh_god_i_m_so_sorry.png 1 year old
  7. haha, love the file name.

I love how you drew her mouth. I suck at drawing mouths.

8. You should get a avatar. And for what it is I like it.

9. AffuuCat said:
    I haven't seen the animes, so I don't know her well enough.

Just don't tell people when you're basing a drawing on something.

10. danhibiki said:
    I love how you drew her mouth. I suck at drawing mouths.

It's just yours flipped upside down and resized. You're the genius and you don't even know.

11. AffuuCat said:

It's just yours flipped upside down and resized. You're the genius and you don't even know.

is it? haha. I should just draw mouths upside down from now on.

12. Finally finished this fucking thing. Gawd damn. Took all day due to interruptions and games and going out and sleep. Oh, well. Its done now is all I can say. The shawl took awhile considering the pattern the scan had for it.

Attachments

1. tumblr_mbxa5y982a1rij4i5o1_500.png 1 year old
    2. finallydone2.png 1 year old
  13. Wow.

14. Got the lines done. I'll color it tomorrow, but, for now, I'm off to watch Vividred Operation!

Attachments

1. hanekawa.png 1 year old
  15. I know this is not strictly art, but I've posted all the stuff relevant to my games in here, so here you go.

WIP:

Attachments

1. menu_all.jpg 1 year old
  16. Avatar Image

Nin

That lovely phone.

17. S2 or S3?

18. Avatar Image

Nin

I thought it was the Note 1, but now that you mention it, it could be the S3 too. I don't think it looks like the S2 though.

19. Yea looking at my S2, you're right, And I don't think the S3 is quite as big as a Vita so it probably is a Note. Actually not a fan of the Note, it's too big to fit in my pocket when on one of my Ducati's.

20. Avatar Image

Nin

Isn't it about the size of a wallet though? I have plenty op space left with my Note 2 in my pocket.

Reply »

You must log in to post.