Sankaku Complex Forums » Meta

1. We have received full embed permission from NicoNico Douga, which I believe is a first for an English language anime site, and perhaps for a solely English language site too.

With this you can freely post and view videos from Nico without an account or otherwise.

Posting is simply a matter of placing the URL of the video in your post, just as with YouTube and similar.

So paste "http://www.nucovideo.jp/watch/sm2321776" in to get the following:

There are two essential stipulations to using videos from Nico in your posts:

1. Please do not post any videos from Nico alongside (in the same thread as) ero or guro content. This violates the terms of our agreement, so we will have to remove any such errant videos.

2. Please do not ask anyone involved with Sankaku Complex in an official capacity how to download videos from Nico. We will have no choice but to ignore any such questions.

Other usage notes:

The videos will be affected by the dreaded economy mode as usual; typically this runs from 1900-0200 JST (GMT +9), and depending on the video (especially popular ones) may result in dramatically reduced visual quality.

You can get round this by buying a NicoNico Douga premium membership (500JPY a month) - this will ensure full quality at all times both on Sankaku Complex and on Nico.

Commenting and other such functions are only possible whilst logged in, and from the Nico site itself - just click the window as usual to go to the relevant page.

The interface to the external player should be simple enough - the icon in the bottom right corner will turn off comments.

You can feel free to post you favourite videos in this topic to test.

Posted 5 years ago # Quote
  2. YES, THANK YOU!

hehehehe.

3. Avatar Image

make this a "sticky thread".

4. Thank you, Time to GEDDAN ☆ = Get Down

5. Avatar Image

Testing:

An underrated MAD of ToradoraXMacross F
    http://www.nucovideo.jp/watch/sm5663663

6. Avatar Image

Didn't work,2nd attempt:

7. anonymous said:
    Testing:

An underrated MAD of ToradoraXMacross F
    http://www.nucovideo.jp/watch/sm5663663

I'll give you one guess why that didn't work...

8. Artefact said:

I'll give you one guess why that didn't work...

Yea...I thought I needed to post the URL as 'nuco' instead of 'nico' like the example link in the first post...apparently I just need to copy and paste the URL as normal not having to change from 'nico' to 'nuco'.

9. Brilliant!

10. lol nice

11. Thanks for the hard work getting Nico on here.

Seriously, Nico needs an English version already. (even though the German version has an English interface)

12. Avatar Image

I dont understand why but all i can see is a bunch of japanese istead of the videos. Like its a link and a bunch of text under it
    like this

はちゅねミクをLittleBigPlanetβで登場させてみた
    申し訳ございませんが、お使いの環境ではご利用になれません。
    リファラの送信を許可するか、ニコニコ動画上でご覧ください。

13. 申し訳ございませんが、お使いの環境ではご利用になれません。
    リファラの送信を許可するか、ニコニコ動画上でご覧ください。

Unfortunately, your environment is not available.
    To approve the sending of the referrer, please see the video in good humour.

I see this as well. What gives Artefact?

14. Avatar Image

Perhaps that means you can't view the video? Region block?

15. From my explanation in the article:

It’s your choice of software which is doing this - there are no IP restrictions.

You need to disable your overzealous referrer stripping package, whatever it is. It needs the referrer info to identify which domain you’ve come from, and whether that is an authorised one, otherwise anyone could post links to Nico and they would have no control.

FF and IE never strip referrers by default, you need to disable/add an exception to your plugin/security package. It’s probably something along the lines of “prevent HTTP referrer being sent to external domains”. Or perhaps make SC and NND trusted sites.

16. Avatar Image

can this be done on other forum than here?

17. Hmmm. I'm wondering, is Sankaku exempted from Nico Nico Douga's regular time check?

18. ichiro_ino said:
    Hmmm. I'm wondering, is Sankaku exempted from Nico Nico Douga's regular time check?

No, if you mean Nico's economy time downgrading of quality.

What you get here is the same as you'd get if you visited Nico's main site itself, so some videos will be shown in lower quality during peak hours.

19. Quen said:

No, if you mean Nico's economy time downgrading of quality.

What you get here is the same as you'd get if you visited Nico's main site itself, so some videos will be shown in lower quality during peak hours.

Lol, I mean the time check that reminds you of the time... like for example if it's 12:00 am/pm +9 GMT... they will try to remind you of that by pausing the videos and sometimes playin voice ads

20. ichiro_ino said:

Lol, I mean the time check that reminds you of the time... like for example if it's 12:00 am/pm +9 GMT... they will try to remind you of that by pausing the videos and sometimes playin voice ads

Lol I would guess so... because like that thing appears on the player offered at the nico site so... idk, I hate those.

Reply »

You must log in to post.