Sankaku Complex Forums » Anime

[closed]

Your Day Thread 9: Being Sankaku is Suffering

  1. Giving extra lessons on Facebook really tires the mind although I managed to write a pretty good explanation...
    I need some caffeine, in two hours I have a session and I slept for 3-4 hours only.

    Attachments

    1. lalalala.gif 4 years old
    Posted 4 years ago #
  2. arang said:
    Giving extra lessons on Facebook really tires the mind although I managed to write a pretty good explanation...
    I need some caffeine, in two hours I have a session and I slept for 3-4 hours only.

    Chocolate, Soda, and a Large mug of Coffee with plenty of Cream and Sugar should keep you up. =3

    Posted 4 years ago #
  3. Or an Americano. Even just a quad whipped espresso.

    Posted 4 years ago #
  4. Speaking of coffee. What was that drink you recommend to get from starbucks?

    Posted 4 years ago #
  5. illusiontank said:
    Chocolate, Soda, and a Large mug of Coffee with plenty of Cream and Sugar should keep you up. =3

    No chocolate, no soda, no cream :(
    I usually drink lots of sugary milk with 2-3 tablespoons of coffee :)

    xichisex said:
    Or an Americano. Even just a quad whipped espresso.

    That sorta thing can only be acquired in cafés ( around here ).
    I can't really afford doing trips to places like that :o

    Posted 4 years ago #
  6. illusiontank said:

    Chocolate, Soda, and a Large mug of Coffee with plenty of Cream and Sugar should keep you up. =3

    Superior:

    Attachments

    1. modafinil.jpg 4 years old
    Posted 4 years ago #
  7. kudichan said:

    Superior:

    As someone who works on shift, this shit is of great interest for me.

    ...If only it isn't scheduled as 'controlled substance'. Guess I'mma stick with coffee as my sleeptime modifier for a while more, even if it makes me tired way too quick.

    Posted 4 years ago #
  8. illusiontank said:

    Chocolate, Soda, and a Large mug of Coffee with plenty of Cream and Sugar should keep you up. =3

    Coffee plus sugar equals.

    Posted 4 years ago #
  9. jamesownsall said:

    As someone who works on shift, this shit is of great interest for me.

    ...If only it isn't scheduled as 'controlled substance'. Guess I'mma stick with coffee as my sleeptime modifier for a while more, even if it makes me tired way too quick.

    It keeps you awake forever and it's very clean. It's not like a traditional stimulant: you're just completely awake and alert. If you're purely interested in staying up, this is far better than caffeine. The only thing to watch out for is that you'll find yourself sleeping for 14 hours straight at the weekend to compensate for the sleep you've lost.

    Legality obviously depends on your jurisdiction, although you will have to either bullshit your doctor or buy from a grey-market vendor. Where I live, it's prescription only, but it's legal to buy from overseas. At any rate, it's not a drug people take to get high and most places don't deal with it the same way they deal with things like ritalin or adderall.

    Posted 4 years ago #
  10. kudichan said:

    Legality obviously depends on your jurisdiction, although you will have to either bullshit your doctor or buy from a grey-market vendor.

    It's illegal to get any controlled substance here without doctor's consent, so I'm shit out of luck. Underground markets also don't sell them precisely because of low chance of addiction. Those who do depend on substances to keep themselves awake around here typically use... well... "ice", and I don't wanna fall that low.

    Posted 4 years ago #
  11. It's kinda replaced cocaine as the drug of choice on Wall Street.

    Though it does still have a bad side effects if abused for a prolonged time such as a nasty rash.

    People really shouldn't abuse the drug or it's relative modafinil for trivial things as it holds a lot of promise for people with real medical needs such as treating MS related fatigue.

    All it takes is some idiots killing themselves for law makers to try and call for tightening controls.

    jamesownsall said:

    It's illegal to get any controlled substance here without doctor's consent, so I'm shit out of luck. Underground markets also don't sell them precisely because of low chance of addiction. Those who do depend on substances to keep themselves awake around here typically use... well... "ice", and I don't wanna fall that low.

    That's a good example of failure by lawmakers as ice aka meth is so much worse.

    I had a boss who I suspected was an abuser of it as he was like a super workaholic and was really paranoid.

    Posted 4 years ago #
  12. Tutoring session is over.
    I'm getting popular tho'
    Two more people have shown interest in studying with my assistance.
    Too bad I can't ask for more cash...Since I'm not a teacher people are skeptical of my teaching abilities. The only way to lurk them to "check me out" is to have lower prices than actual teachers and bogus language schools/courses.

    And I almost chocked on milk...When you taste milk through your nose, it's a wonderful experience.

    Attachments

    1. nothingworkstoday.gif 4 years old
    Posted 4 years ago #
  13. Char said:

    it's relative modafinil

    Dude this is modafinil.

    Char said:

    People really shouldn't abuse the drug

    What is "abuse"?

    It isn't fun. It's like anabolic steroids. A performance enhancer.

    The main problem is that as its use becomes more widespread (and it's all over college campuses), employers and educators will start to expect the kind of performance that requires modafinil, just like athletes, fitness models, action movie stars etc. have to take steroids because the bar has been raised so high.

    Posted 4 years ago #
  14. https://soundcloud.com/ujaku/ichigo-screwed

    I wish this song was longer :O

    That 1min mark is siiiicck. Anyone know what he sampled?

    Posted 4 years ago #
  15. kudichan said:

    Dude this is modafinil.

    What is "abuse"?

    It isn't fun. It's like anabolic steroids. A performance enhancer.

    The main problem is that as its use becomes more widespread (and it's all over college campuses), employers and educators will start to expect the kind of performance that requires modafinil, just like athletes, fitness models, action movie stars etc. have to take steroids because the bar has been raised so high.

    College campuses are one of the places I'd would go with a very strict near ZT policy.
    If a professor was suggesting it to students the punishment after going through an investigation to establish guilt should be immediate termination.
    The mark will probably be career destroying and it should be.

    Legitimate use for performance enhancement would be emergency personal during a disaster otherwise it should be regulated.

    Posted 4 years ago #
  16. Char said:

    College campuses are one of the places I consider abuse and would go with a very strict policy.

    lol it's too late for that brah; you have a better chance of ridding college campuses of weed.

    Char said:

    Educators who expect it's results would be dismissed on the spot and would have retirement revoked if I could legally do it.

    That's all good and well, but how to educators know that they're expecting its results? Students tend not to tell their teachers that they're using drugs to give themselves an edge; the teachers will just think standards have gone up because of competition, just like the general public thinks that athletes can run 100m in 9.6 seconds because they train harder and have better nutrition nowadays.

    And the alternative is grade inflation. If we assess students the way we did when they didn't have these study aids, they'll all get straight A's (unless they're getting stupider at the same rate they're becoming chemically enhanced), and the qualifications will become even more of a joke than they are already.

    Posted 4 years ago #
  17. kudichan said:

    lol it's too late for that brah; you have a better chance of ridding college campuses of weed.

    That's all good and well, but how to educators know that they're expecting its results? Students tend not to tell their teachers that they're using drugs to give themselves an edge; the teachers will just think standards have gone up because of competition, just like the general public thinks that athletes can run 100m in 9.6 seconds because they train harder and have better nutrition nowadays.

    And the alternative is grade inflation. If we assess students the way we did when they didn't have these study aids, they'll all get straight A's (unless they're getting stupider at the same rate they're becoming chemically enhanced), and the qualifications will become even more of a joke than they are already.

    Actually college standards for academic performance are probably lower then they have been in the past half century.

    Think about how hard engineering must have been before laptops or even scientific calculators.

    I know how to use a slide rule "learned out of curiosity" but I could not imagine doing more then calculating the stress in a few beams with one let alone designing a fucking plane with one.

    Posted 4 years ago #
  18. Char said:

    Actually college standards for academic performance are probably lower then they have been in the past half century.

    Think about how hard engineering must have been before laptops or even scientific calculators.

    I know how to use a slide rule "learned out of curiosity" but I could not imagine doing more then calculating the stress in a few beams with one let alone designing a fucking plane with one.

    The advent of laptops and scientific calculators would raise standards, surely?

    It might not increase intelligence or even understanding, but it would increase the standard of the work being put out. Harder =/= better.

    Posted 4 years ago #
  19. kudichan said:

    The advent of laptops and scientific calculators would raise standards, surely?

    It might not increase intelligence or even understanding, but it would increase the standard of the work being put out. Harder =/= better.

    Well from a presentation and neatness stand point the bar has been raised but from a content and understanding stand point it seems someone threw that bar overboard.

    I think these days they put too much stock in presentation and not enough in content.

    Posted 4 years ago #
  20. Oh look, it's just after 1pm, and I feel like I'm totally exhausted and gonna fall asleep on my desk. That never happens. Except pretty much every day.

    fehhhh....

    Posted 4 years ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.