Sankaku Complex Forums » General

A Discussion on Gun Control

1. doctorkhanblog said:

I really do think you want to be part of a guerrilla group one day.

I would not hesitate to take up arms in the defense of freedom. But I am content with punching holes in paper.

Attachments

1. IMG_6547.JPG 1 year old
    Posted 1 year ago # Quote
  2. that is a very nice gun's

3. acaringgirl said:
    that is a very nice gun's

If you want I can do show and tell later.

4. I plan on buying some off-roster handguns before I move to Cali. It'll be years before that thing gets tossed given the more pressing priorities of the pro-2A side in that state.

5. kanika said:
    I plan on buying some off-roster handguns before I move to Cali. It'll be years before that thing gets tossed given the more pressing priorities of the pro-2A side in that state.

The roster would probably be the first thing to go. The "Safe" handgun roster is one of the biggest turds of law and I'm willing to bet that even Pryolight would agree so.

In order for any new handgun to be sold in CA, it has to be tested to be safe. This means the handgun company submits 12 samples and pays $250000 for testing. Each model of handgun needs to be submitted for testing, even if the difference is only a different finish! And a renewal fee has to be paid yearly or the model drops off the list. Of course police officers are exempt from this and can buy any model, despite them not tested for being "safe". Private sales are exempt, so there exists a market for "off roster" guns which is fulfilled by people moving in state with their privately owned handguns and police flipping off roster handguns for a profit.

Attachments

1. IMG_0821.JPG 1 year old
  6. palmtop-tiger said:

The roster would probably be the first thing to go. The "Safe" handgun roster is one of the biggest turds of law and I'm willing to bet that even Pryolight would agree so.

In order for any new handgun to be sold in CA, it has to be tested to be safe. This means the handgun company submits 12 samples and pays $250000 for testing. Each model of handgun needs to be submitted for testing, even if the difference is only a different finish! And a renewal fee has to be paid yearly or the model drops off the list. Of course police officers are exempt from this and can buy any model, despite them not tested for being "safe". Private sales are exempt, so there exists a market for "off roster" guns which is fulfilled by people moving in state with their privately owned handguns and police flipping off roster handguns for a profit.

That's not going to happen until there's some sort of challenge under the "common use" clause in Heller/McDonald. And that will only happen after a favorable ruling on unmolested ARs. The big fish to fry right now is on defining "carry" under strict scrutiny, and making all the current "may issue" states "shall issue."

New York certainly did us a favor by speeding up the timetable on the former issue though, and if SAF, Mr. Gura, and others on our side are smart, they already ready for that fight.

7. Soon to be headlines: Desert Eagle handgun sales skyrocket in NY.

8. palmtop-tiger said:
    Soon to be headlines: Desert Eagle handgun sales skyrocket in NY.

Not with their handgun licensing scheme (Sullivan Law), even if it is legal.

9. It was a joke. Seven rounds of .50 AE in the hands of NY would be hilarious to see.

10. palmtop-tiger said:
    It was a joke. Seven rounds of .50 AE in the hands of NY would be hilarious to see.

Are you planning on getting one?

11. kanika said:

Are you planning on getting one?

What? No. I'd really like something similar to a TP-9. Even if it was a .22LR version of an MP-7. But can't have that, no fun allowed.

Attachments

1. IMG_6746.JPG 1 year old
  12. So a man walks into a mall with his assault rifle strapped onto his back..

Now can imagine more of these idiots "trying make a point". He's not really helping his gun buddies by pulling this stunt at a time when gun debates is being a major issue. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should.

Attachments

1. typical_republican.jpg 1 year old
  13. LuciferOniichan said:
    Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should.

One for the Words of Wisdom thread.

14. LuciferOniichan said:
    So a man walks into a mall with his assault rifle strapped onto his back..

Now can imagine more of these idiots "trying make a point". He's not really helping his gun buddies by pulling this stunt at a time when gun debates is being a major issue. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should.

That's perfectly normal behavior in Switzerland.

Attachments

1. swiss2.jpg 1 year old
    2. gun-in-the-apple-store.jpg 1 year old
  15. LuciferOniichan said:

And yet no one called the police! But open carry is controversial even among gun owners. And if you are going to OC, make sure you sling your rifle properly so your not flagging everyone around you like this idiot.

16. palmtop-tiger said:

And yet no one called the police! But open carry is controversial even among gun owners. And if you are going to OC, make sure you sling your rifle properly so your not flagging everyone around you like this idiot.

The only state that has further restricted OC since it's become more popular is California, and that was only as a possible ploy by Moonbeam (though he can't openly say it) to force "shall-issue" CC by judicial decision. OC was used to prove a political point and pass CC in several states, including Ohio and Wisconsin. If anything, the OC movement (all the Starbucks meet-ups) has done the opposite of what opponents (both pro-gun and anti-gun) claim. It's gotten a good bit of the public more comfortable, or at least less hostile, to the idea of an armed citizenry.

17. Reagan was against assault weapons. But nobody cares since nobody likes Reagan.

18. Reagan was cool.

19. So was Nixon.

20. But James Buchanan was the greatest president.

Reply »

You must log in to post.