Sankaku Complex Forums » General

[closed]

The Political Thread

1. kudichan said:

Just wait for the government to overrule it.

I agree, to be honest the only real reason I would be mentioning this is the way they cannot decide how harmful cannabis is.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. spacesavage said:

I agree, to be honest the only real reason I would be mentioning this is the way they cannot decide how harmful cannabis is.

Cannabis is harmless enough I think it needs to be treated the same as tobacco and alcohol.

Don't smoke it in a restaurant and don't be driving around high.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. Char said:
    As for the asshats who want to push employers to always to drug testing even when it's a position where public safety would not be endangered.
    I'd like to gouge out their eyeballs with a tea spoon.

When you say things like that, you detract from any valid points you might have.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. Char said:

Cannabis is harmless enough I think it needs to be treated the same as tobacco and alcohol.

It's significantly safer than either, especially if it's vaporised or eaten rather than smoked (inhaling smoke from anything is a pretty bad idea).

spacesavage said:

Our drug classification system is a prime example of superior British humour, especially our tsundere attitude to cannabis.

And I think that talking about "sending a message" during discussion about drug laws should carry the death penalty. Srsly, who the fuck is listening to these "messages" that politicians are obsessed with sending?

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. aneko said:

When you say things like that, you detract from any valid points you might have.

Ok maybe that's too harsh instead they also go to Gitmo and all assets shall be seized and sold off.

It's just how I feel about the invasion of privacy without reason and the fact that unemployed pot heads are so much more likely to commit crimes.

Think about it when they randomly drug test they're inquiring about what you do off the clock and I feel that's none of their business.
    Some employers will terminate you even if a tiny amount is found in a random test though I can fully understand if they fire you for getting high on the job.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. Char said:

I'm not a drug user but I think the anti drug use part of my country's government should all be shipped off to Gitmo.

Who cares, MJ will be legal nationwide within 10 or 15 years. It's the next big liberal thing to push after same-sex marriage.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. kanika said:

Who cares, MJ will be legal nationwide within 10 or 15 years. It's the next big liberal thing to push after same-sex marriage.

True but it still pisses me off that the anti drug people and their god damn holy war has cost over a trillion dollars.
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/06/opinion/branson-end-war-on-drugs/index.html

That's enough to pay for ten Apollo level programs.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. Char said:

True but it still pisses me off that the anti drug people and their god damn holy war has cost over a trillion dollars.
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/06/opinion/branson-end-war-on-drugs/index.html

That's enough to pay for ten Apollo level programs.

Private companies dominate the space industry now, and are going to be dominating space itself soon. The wrecking of NASA was the best thing to happen to the industry.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. I wouldn't exactly say that,
    regulators are needed in any field and as such NASA will be re-instated in some form or another to deal with regulating space travel.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. kanika said:

And MJ corporations will be the biggest conservative doners after Gay wedding companies.

kanika said:
    The wrecking of NASA was the best thing to happen to the industry.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. triumf said:
    I wouldn't exactly say that,
    regulators are needed in any field and as such NASA will be re-instated in some form or another to deal with regulating space travel.

I said nothing about regulation.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. I say keep NASA and make them do the science stuff while the free markets handle the rest.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. kanika said:

Private companies dominate the space industry now, and are going to be dominating space itself soon. The wrecking of NASA was the best thing to happen to the industry.

Actually NASA is helping bootstrap the private space flight industry.
    The also developed the technology much of it is based on.
    For example Spacex's Merlin engine is derived from Fastract and work done by SLI.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fastrac_%28engine%29
    I think private companies can take over LEO transport but NASA is still needed for general exploration and to fund R&D for high risk high payoff technologies.

We still need work done on in space power systems in the megawatt range and this is out of the reach of most private entities willing to take the risk.

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/01/trump-exploring-improbable-ways-to-buy-the-times.html

He'd be doing a service if his influence can make it less obnoxiously leftist.

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. Seems political enough. Gasoline out of thin air.

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/energy/stories/scientists-successfully-generate-gasoline-out-of-thin-air

Attachments

1. whatsss.gif 1 year old
    Posted 1 year ago #
  16. More suited to a science thread.

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. xichisex said:
    Seems political enough. Gasoline out of thin air.

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/energy/stories/scientists-successfully-generate-gasoline-out-of-thin-air

Why does it only have to be thin air? Why not use any healthily plump air? It's just as good as thin air. Fucking society and their bullshit weight preferences. It's thanks to that "perfect thin figure" that so much air developes self-esteem problems.

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. Poor plump air.

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. Well it's the plump air's fault for not taking proper car of itself.

Posted 1 year ago #
  20. This is good cause we won't have to rely on the Saudis and Chavez for gas.

Posted 1 year ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.