Left from the girls are: Antika, Pacpon
Left from the boys are: Neko, Peter, Pilandi, NIN
Sadly, the only ones in their small group prepared to fight are Antika and Neko. Both Nin and Pilandi have avoided killing and because of that they've also avoided keeping weapons with them.
- We've kept us from killing, Antika. We won't start now.
Pilandi is quiet at his side and his sad eyes watches them both silently.
- I won't make you fight against your will, but please, try your best to stay alive no matter what.
Before Neko positions himself behind the machine gun, she takes a look at it and they suddenly realize that it has no bullets.
- Oh, great. And you went around with that thing for how long?
- I didn't know! I know nothing about weapons, says Neko with an indignated look.
- It was just another of his stupid tricks. We'll just have to do with what we have, okay?
And the time for planning is over.
The boat finally reaches the side of the lake where they are and out of it come out six Pacpon clones and Gantz, all dressed in the horrible orange uniform with a triangle on the chest. They walk towards the small group and stand three metres away.
- You know, this would've been much easier if you'd taken care of the cleaning.
- I already told you, there's no way I'm killing them, Gantz.
- I really want you to live though, and rules and rules so... Either you kill them fast and mercifully, or these PacPons will. And then their deaths will be painful and horrible.
- Is it that easy for you to sacrifice your clones? We'll take them down. And their ugly uniforms.
- They feel no pain. And that may sound good, but at the same time they are very dead. Nothing like the original. No sarcasm, no sense of humor, no knowledge about her memories... Nothing at all. That is why making a clone out of you wouldn't have worked either. Though I wanted to-
- Shut the fuck up, Gantz.
With a fast movement, she sticks the scythe into her chest. She hears the surprised voices and Gantz steps as he moves to her, then everything that follows happen so fast that it's hard to keep up with it. When he's close enough and has extended his arm to touch her shoulder, she pulls the gun she picked up from Pacpon earlier, points it at his forehead and says:
- No way you fell for that.
Then she laughs and pulls the trigger.
In the instant Gantz body falls to the ground, the clones jump on her.
The clonest are strangely enough not armed, possibly because Gantz would've let the clones kill them with their bare hands. Making it more painful and slow. Even though they aren't armed, they are fast, strong and deadly as their reactions to pain seem theatricalized. Antika is soon taken down after she manages to slice open one of the clones and stick the scythe into another clone's thigh. Her eyes look for Pilandi and Nin, both blocking with all their might but being completely overpowered. Neko is standing over one captured clone, but another has grabbed his neck with it's arms and to be honest; things look pretty much hopeless.
When suddenly there are four parachutes coming down from the sky. Envoy, Motaku, Obsidian and Kusingia are soon by their sides killing the clones with an amazing speed. Soon, they are – against all odds – freed and alive.
The group is quiet for a minute before the newcommers put them on the boat and make the way back to the jeep waiting at the other side of the lake. They are sat down on the jeeps and driven away from the forest, the lake and what has become a graveyard. No explanations, no nothing. Just an abrupt stop on the game.
When the jeep finally stops, they are led into a big building and through what seems like hundreds of corridors. Finally, they reach a big office and they enter. The door is closed after them and in front of them is... Deth.
A high-pitched sound comes from Antika as she starts running toward her adoptive father, but she stops herself and stares him down.
- Why where we left out there, Deth? Why didn't you do something?
- I was in no position to do anything. I don't have the kind of power you might think I have. Gantz is the politician, I'm the soldier. As soon as he was dead, Artefact finally left the project Gantz had been taking care of to me. Til then, that had been in the dark, even for me. The only thing I knew is that eighteen people were missing and I had no idea why. I'm sorry, but I'm so relieved to see you alive right now.
Without another word, Antika closes the space between them and hugs him.
- I'm back.
* * *
There isn't really much to say or explain to anybody. Since the whole project was a big secret for most people even inside the military itself, no one asks them to say for interviews or anything alike. Antika and Neko stay with Deth to tell him everything – since they were the ones most informed in the end - but Pilandi and Nin are quick to excuse themselves. They need to get out.
Outside the building, everything seems way too normal. Nin watches as Pilandi takes in the city in front of them. He feels unsure, thinking that Pilandi might have said and done all the things he did simply because he believed he would die. When he feels like all the hope of the two of them becoming something, Pilandi turns to him.
- Nin, I've...
- I understand if you won't see me anymore, but please--
- Marry me, Pilandi says and holds his breath as he waits for Nin's reaction.
- Excuse me?
Nin looks like he seriously doubts his hearing might be working.
- Marry me. I want to marry you, Nin. Is that a... no?
- No I, wait I didn't mean no! I mean... Ah, screw that.
Nin pulls Pilandi close to him and kisses him tenderly on his lips.
- Is that a yes? Asks Pilandi and smiles shyly.
And they got married and fucked and adopted Chinese kids and they lived happily ever after.
Antika became an alcoholic.
Neko became a nymphomaniac. Or well, maybe he already was. Anyway.
SIGH finally done. Now this fanfic is out of my conscience.