Sankaku Complex Forums » Anime

Non-Anime Movie Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

1. akherousin said:
    Heard the original's good too, but now that the plot's ruined...

It is good, so that I haven't seen the remake for the same reason.

Posted 1 year ago # Quote
  2. The original version had more differences from the book, but kept the book's ending; while the remake was closer to the book, but altered the ending.

Also:
    Recently saw an excellent movie, Wu Xia: Swordsmen (original Chinese title Dragon) (2011). Donnie Yen, Takeshi Kaneshiro and Jimmy Wang Yu (after 10 years out of the movies!).

3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

I thought it was pretty good. I started to cry a little near the ending. Now I should probably read the book.

4. overfiend said:
    Recently saw an excellent movie, Wu Xia: Swordsmen (original Chinese title Dragon) (2011).

I can second this recommendation, although I saw it titled as only Wu Xia.

5. We watch Food Inc. throughout the last week in my Health class. We're also going to watch Supersize Me sometime soon.

And in my English Comp. class, we're watching Stranger Than Fiction.

6. Watched "The Departed". Such a great movie.

7. Today in class we saw Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia. I did not like it at all, and I said so. The teacher was impressed I had the courage to say what I really thought, even if it's an unpopular opinion, and after me, other people started saying they weren't fans either. I love being a trendsetter.

8. But it's Warren Oates.

9. He was good, but the audio was terrible, so it was hard to follow, and it was too slow for me to care anyway. Of all the films we watched, only Peckinpah's have had muddled sound; I don't know why. And while The Wild Bunch occasionally had scenes that gripped me, this didn't, really.

10. akherousin said:
    I got around to watching The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo when I cared to remember it.

It was, surprisingly, really good. This was one trend that I should've followed, out of many unworthy ones.

Funny thing, I went to the library today and bought the book from the used section for $2, also bought Watchmen for $4.

I need to watch the original Girl movies, but the remake was pretty good in its own right.

Anyways, reason why I'm here. Watching Species. Its funny to watch old movies I've seen a million times and finally notice the cast of (now) A-listers (most of them anyways)

11. The live (non-Hollywood) Bubblegum Crisis movie seems to be running a little late. I haven't seen any recent news on the progress.

12. last night i watched this

Truly a misunderstood masterpiece. When released no one knew what to expect with it’s daring product placement throughout. The film follows Dex Dogtective, the “ruffest” detective out, trying to stop the evil Brand X from taking over their store. Charlie Sheen plays Dex, and is constantly on the search for his true love, Sunshine played by Hillary Duff. His comedic companion, played by Wayne Brady, keeps the film entertaining as you forget the darker side of the story. The entire film, being an homage to the film noir of the early 1940’s like The Maltese Falcon and Double Indemnity, is filled with countless tributes and memorable quotes, such as ”Frankly my dear, I don’t give a spam.” The entire film also mirrors the horrifying murders the Nazi’s committed to the French. I admit, I teared up at the end and couldn't believe some of the twists and turns this film makes. “The secret is inside” will always be a catch phrase I will remember. Quite possibly one of the greatest films ever made.

13. Aaaaaaaw yeeeeeah

Attachments

1. put_the_bunny_back_in_the_box.jpg 1 year old
  14. Dark Skies disappoints me because it uses the typical haunted house formula and just throws in aliens as the cause. Throw in the fact that it uses the same name as the TV series.

15. Life of Pi in 3D. Incredible; go see it before it leaves theaters.

16. Stereoscopic?

Attachments

1. life_of_pi.jpg 1 year old
  17. saw Donnie Darko just now, cool movie. Moral of the story is: 'merica makes people crazy.

18. giascle said:
    Life of Pi in 3D. Incredible; go see it before it leaves theaters.

I dunno, I've read the book before I saw the movie and when I watch Life of Pi, I just think of what more could've been brought out of the book into the movie rather than just making everything pretty.

The movie's alright.

19. I'm watching Toy Story 3 right now for the first time.

20. Are you emotionally prepared?

Reply »

You must log in to post.