Sankaku Complex Forums » Anime

1. One False Move. The coincidental theme tonight seemed to be "crimes gone wrong".

Posted 1 year ago # Quote
  2. Blueberry. A mystical Western, based on the French comic series by Moebius.

Apparently people like to compare it to El Topo, but I don't know that I would.

3. Watching Reefer Madness

http://archive.org/details/reefer_madness1938

4. kudichan said:
    Watching Reefer Madness

Kudi watched it while getting high, and believing it was real he put his baby in the oven (thinking it was delicious ham) and then jumped off a window (thinking he could fly) while chewing on a piece of glass (thinking it was delicious candy)

RIP Kudi, died of reefer madness

5. Dredd.

Not bad. Dirt simple plot, good atmosphere and framing. Makes a good setup if they want to make sequels, though if the theoretical sequels don't get off the ground, it will be a slightly unsatisfying one-shot.

6. A couple of oldies:
    Caltiki: Il Mostro Immortale (Italy, 1959) (Caltiki: The Immortal Monster). One of my favorite "blob" movies. Gave me nightmares as a kid.

Nella Stretta Morsa Del Ragno (Italy, 1971) (Web of the Spider). A little slow at times, but a well made and atmospheric ghost story. A remake of Danza Macabra (Italy, 1964; English title Castle of Blood).

Two newer Korean movies:
    The Legend of the Shadowless Sword (2005). Very good historical martial arts epic.

The Sword with No Name (2009). Another very good martial arts epic with a tragic love story.

Recently got the 2-disc restored version of Броненосец «Потёмкин» (USSR, 1925) (Battleship Potemkin). Considered one of the greatest movies ever made. Will watch it soon.
    The Internet Archive has the restored version here.

7. ...I saw Hellraiser revelations

8. The Hobbit.

Unnecessary tie-ins with LotR? Check.
    Unnecessary interpersonal conflict added to create "drama?" Check.
    Every battle including at least one extended segment of people yelling in slow-motion while opera plays in the background? Check.
    Weirdly stilted dialogue contrasted sharply by random-as-hell moments of verbal fluidity? Yep.

Yeah, it was a Peter Jackson flick, for sure.

9. Neat Hedgehog said:
    The Hobbit.

Unnecessary tie-ins with LotR

What?

10. The book had a few things that obviously led up to the events in LotR, but nothing at all like... Whatever half THAT crap was.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not apposed to a movie deviating from source, it has to be done due to differences in media. But if it's badly written and FEELS tacked on, there's a problem.

11. Artistic license is to be expected, and some things were added from the appendices to LotR. My only real complaints were that the dwarves seemed too goofy in the beginning, and that Bilbo constantly made me think of Arthur Dent.

12. I'm behind on mentioning the movies I've been watching. There's just not enough discussion in this thread.

13. I saw Les Misérables on Saturday. I really liked it.

14. pinkturtlefart said:
    I saw Les Misérables on Saturday. I really liked it.

Now buy the book! :D

15. Or the comic books.

Attachments

1. les-mis-the-sewer.jpg 1 year old
    2. les-mis-Valjean-and-Cossette.jpg 1 year old
    3. les-mis-wagon.jpg 1 year old
    4. les-mis-French.jpg 1 year old
  16. I sooooo want to see this movie.

17. Please, watch "3 idiots" and "Cloud Atlas".

They're both amazing.

18. Lilith said:
    "Cloud Atlas".

I read the book. It was alright.

19. Drag Me To Hell is on the telly

Its been 20 minutes and I can see that all the reviews were right, this is such a dumb comedy marketed as a horror movie.

Attachments

1. nice.jpg 1 year old
  20. HUARGHHHH I WANNA WATCH IT

Reply »

You must log in to post.