Sankaku Complex Forums » General

1. Instead of making a seperate memorial for every celebrity or notable individual of our era.

I thought we could have one thread to post memorials - for notable individuals. Personal heros or individuals for whom have had an impact on our lives in some way, shape or form.

---------------
    Today a few hours ago,...
    Mike Wallace passed away at age 93
    Artecle here:
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/mike-wallace-dead-60-minutes-legend-93-153527720.html

RIP Mike you shall be missed

Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  2. Why not just make a new thread for each of them. It's not like the forums are overflowing with activity.

3. I refuse to post here.

4. abracadvre said:
    I refuse to post here.

I refuse to reply to that.

5. abracadvre said:
    I refuse to post here.

You just did.

6. MasterInfamous said:

You just did.

=====

Let's see if the - "temptation" - is to strong for him and see if he posts again....

Concerning thread...

Let's see what develops....

7. UncommonOtaku said:
    Instead of making a seperate memorial for every celebrity or notable individual of our era.

I thought we could have one thread to post memorials - for notable individuals. Personal heros or individuals for whom have had an impact on our lives in some way, shape or form.

You just wanna start a new thread dont you. LOl

Ppl are dying every day, its sad. That aside, lets not talk about the sad thing on Sankaku, leave it a place for Japanese related stuff. SanCom its like a little retreat for me, at least let me enjoy it =D. I dont wanna see someone die whenever I click on this forum LOL. Actually I dont give a damn who died. =X

8. sylphin said:

You just wanna start a new thread dont you. LOl

Ppl are dying every day, its sad. That aside, lets not talk about the sad thing on Sankaku, leave it a place for Japanese related stuff. SanCom its like a little retreat for me, at least let me enjoy it =D. I dont wanna see someone die whenever I click on this forum LOL. Actuall I dont give a damn who died. =X

You really don't know SanCon that long, do you....

9. Sylphin said some stuff

If you're not interested, you don't have to open the thread.

But some users do want to pay some respects, expecially if its for someone that had some effect on their lives.

Its true people pass away every day. But there are people who were important to us in some way that pass away and we don't know about it until we stumble across the fact some time later.

Some of us would like to leave their thoughts and some of us would prefer to keep our thoughts to ourselves. Its a choice.

10. MasterInfamous said:

You really don't know SanCon that long, do you....

Actually no =). Lurking since 2009, only started playing around in 2012 =D

11. sylphin said:

Actually no =). Lurking since 2009, only started playing around in 2012 =D

There has been many [person has dead] threads for the longest largely inactive when the smoke clears. To me, this the best logical solution.

You have to deal with all the RIP thread and you can have the option not to enter the one.

12. It would be nice if we could mark threads to not show up on our list.

13. aneko said:
    It would be nice if we could mark threads to not show up on our list.

=====

This has been brought up, as a option, but I haven't heard anything concerning this....

Resubmit your/this idea - HERE - and I'll also send it via other means in tandem...

14. Deth said:
    Resubmit your/this idea - HERE - and I'll also send it via other means in tandem...

Done.

15. MasterInfamous said:

There has been many [person has dead] threads for the longest largely inactive when the smoke clears. To me, this the best logical solution.

You have to deal with all the RIP thread and you can have the option not to enter the one.

Yeh, but those are standalone thread for just the specific person which after certain time disappear. Unlike this, which is like anything goes, and unless everyday there is someone dying that keep this thread going with all the dead ppl listed. Doesn poping out a new thread when that said person die works beter? Instead of having to necro this thread if the next famous "whoever" dies in like 5 to 10 years. Or is this gonna include ur personal relatives, pet etc?. I doubt u wanna annouce to the whole world that ur Dad, Mom, etc etc die LOL.

16. MasterInfamous said:

Was there one for Heath Ledger?

17. I remember a "graveyard" thread like this 2 years ago.

18. From reading the thread name, I assumed this thread would be about banned Sancon members or something.

19. This has me thinking... how many Sankakuans have died? How many top-tier posters have taken the 6 foot dive...? Death is a hunter unbeknownst to its prey...

20. the-envoy said:
    I remember a "graveyard" thread like this 2 years ago.

=====

aye Sir....

You're correct in this, there was, it much easier to continue with this one, than NECRO the older...

H-Ero said:
    From reading the thread name, I assumed this thread would be about banned Sancon members or something.

======

I (believe) the Thread mentioned above was for that reason as well... kinda like a combination...

acaringgirl said:
    This has me thinking... how many Sankakuans have died? How many top-tier posters have taken the 6 foot dive...? Death is a hunter unbeknownst to its prey...

=======

To my knowledge - NONE - have succumbed to the eternal sleep of sleep...

This (also) had me thinking the same thing and within the Waifu thread/Sancom Family Tree, we/I have standard that (I would follow) if a actual member, DID pass-away from a actual cause effect...(death)

Then I, once hearing the news, would do the following for the member, if this had ndeed occured:

1. FREEZE his line

2. NO OTHER shall make any claims of his lineage, characters, forever, they're retired permanently

3. I would send condolences to the members family, via mail means, by sending flowers or what is appropriative for the member's religious background/belief (if address is known)

4. Show proper respects, ensuring that their name will always be remembered in GOOD STANDING, amongst family and friends.

I think a thread of this sort is appropriative enough for the mentioned reason stated.

Though many will disagree with this/the following and (may find this/it creepy and unsettling)...

nevertheless....

If I knew that something had ndeed happened to any/of the members here and knew them personally (like I do)...

I would follow the protocol of the Family Tree, in the same way for my fellow SanCom members, as MANY are considered an extended family in my eyes, and many are considered as such.

Nothing would prevent me from doing so.... as its the - "only respectful thing" - to do and of course within reason.

Reply »

You must log in to post.