Sankaku Complex Forums » Games

Touhou at its finest (now continues here) ...

  1. Please use this thread for the continuation of the topic....

    I shall not repeat what caused the issues with the last, just be aware of them, and take note.

    Respects ~

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  2. Just a few quick clarifications if you don't mind.

    Too much being posted (at one time)

    You suggested no more then 5 items correct?

    - plus - people are getting get caught in SF too much

    Is this related to the above issue or is there other areas to worry about?

    and lastly, the pages are becoming - out-of-line due - to the YT links and image sizing...

    Issue with YT links? Also what is a good size for the images?

    Basically I am looking for the general guidelines to go by.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  3. see last posts in the 1st touhou thread.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  4. Pyrolight said:
    Just a few quick clarifications if you don't mind.

    Too much being posted (at one time)

    You suggested no more then 5 items correct?

    - plus - people are getting get caught in SF too much

    Is this related to the above issue or is there other areas to worry about?

    and lastly, the pages are becoming - out-of-line due - to the YT links and image sizing...

    Issue with YT links? Also what is a good size for the images?

    Basically I am looking for the general guidelines to go by.

    ======

    Yea, the basics...

    Images ~

    I have seen images that are absurdus sized, mean 20000x30000 and larger being added (or attempted to be added) and that just makes things a - BIG CLUSTER FUCK.

    When posting images, if too large, just resize them a bit (within reason), and post just 5 at a time (for starters) and see if it has any effects.

    Then as the postings go along, more can be added, but from visual experience, 5 is perfect as it seems to be the - MAX Limit - before issues start to happen.

    Then just wait for a response, then post the rest, keeping them separate.

    This way, it will assist, in keeping track of whats posted and also to fix any issues (if they occur) more rapidly than having to do what I did earlier, which just froze my attempts.

    YT links...

    Just post a singular link firstly, and see what happens.

    I noticed (as well as many) that YT has a certain link that will allow wide-screening to be embedded, this doesn't work properly, and just makes the pages (expand) and then misaligns the thread pages, as has been seen before.

    Same with the video links... post a few, then wait, and post more...

    SF ~

    I noticed.. that..

    When everything is posted, all at one time, it somehow triggers the SF, and then that particular person is always (caught) by it... because its a process that it identifies, (I'm not certain) that how it works, but it seems to be an indicator.

    Again, if anything occurs, just report it to me directly, and when it happens and I'll look into it (within my means of handling it) if it required a HIGHER source/attention, then I will pass it on.

    I also noticed that when a person posts a wall of Text, like a RANTINGS, tl;dr postings, and such usually without breaks in the paragraphs, it also catches the individual.

    Unknown - why - this occurs...

    also, DO NOT re-post more than once, if you do, the SF will consider that SPAMMING and more the probable that that person will be caught more often...

    This is why I am here, not to close threads (as many think), but to assist in any matters that occur and to ensure all goes smoothly.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  5. Cirno happy dance.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  6. YESSS!!!

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  7. Updated old version of Sakuya and a different face for Meiling.

    Song sucks but it really is a nice version of Cirno.

    The other meme with the most recent youmu.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  8. This is all sorts of wrong.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  9. Pyrolight said:

    This is all sorts of wrong.

    How did you get Mo to do this for your?

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  10. Drifts off to an odd place about half way through.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  11. I'll just repost this one from the previous thread in case someone hasn't seen it.

    ========

    Another one of those.
    This time with Nitori, her optical camouflage device breaks but she realizes it far too late.

    ========

    The guy who was working on the Lotus Land Story remake I mentioned previously in the old thread released a new video.

    Last time it was the EX Stage this time it's Stage 6.
    And you can see a lot of things changed since last time.
    Master Spark vs Master Spark at the end. lol

    ========

    The scene with 12th from Mirai Nikki only made in MMD with Touhus instead.

    ========

    I'd be lying if I said I dislike this.

    ========

    I don't think I'll be posting anymore Touhou mangas though.
    Seeing as that causes issues with the thread.
    Also, I like how Deth mentions youtube videos cause issues with the thread as well and the first thing Char and Mascarpone do is post youtube videos. Especially since those two are reuploaded from Nico not to mention the fact that I already posted them in the previous thread.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  12. Does anyone here know anything about touhous for PSP?

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  13. Bad Apple in nCurses in a terminal window.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  14. werty101 said:

    I don't think I'll be posting anymore Touhou mangas though.
    Seeing as that causes issues with the thread.
    Also, I like how Deth mentions youtube videos cause issues with the thread as well and the first thing Char and Mascarpone do is post youtube videos. Especially since those two are reuploaded from Nico not to mention the fact that I already posted them in the previous thread.

    Why are youtube videos an issue people not giving credit to the creator? Though this often happens on every video site including Nico?
    Though from a technical standpoint it's seems youtube's site is now light years ahead of Nico.
    They been going with less slow and crashy flash to more standard platform agnostic technologies.
    Use of Flash as a web UI is so 2004 actually it always was a no no since flash existed.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  15. Char said:

    Why are youtube videos an issue people not giving credit to the creator? Though this often happens on every video site including Nico?

    I don't really care if they are giving creator the credit or not, that's not the problem here, although in case of those two videos Nico links were provided.
    The real issue here is this:

    Deth said:

    I noticed (as well as many) that YT has a certain link that will allow wide-screening to be embedded, this doesn't work properly, and just makes the pages (expand) and then misaligns the thread pages, as has been seen before.

    Nico doesn't seem to be having these issues.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  16. werty101 said:

    I don't really care if they are giving creator the credit or not, that's not the problem here, although in case of those two videos Nico links were provided.
    The real issue here is this:

    Nico doesn't seem to be having these issues.

    I wonder if it's browser related as I have not seen this bug?
    I'm using firefox 11 and google chrome.
    Before I upgraded I would sometimes get a crash if someone would spam post four or more videos at once though.
    I'll use a the nico link when possible and will not use the wide screen embed function if something is only able to be found on youtube.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  17. its those damned "&feature links" for advertising on the popular videos in youtube. It would seem that some users are not editing out these extras before posting their video links. Leaving them in the URL's are not needed for the thread. They're causing the the glitches.

    sighs

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  18. UncommonOtaku said:
    its those damned "&feature links" for advertising on the popular videos in youtube. It would seem that some users are not editing out these extras before posting their video links. Leaving them in the URL's are not needed for the thread. They're causing the the glitches.

    sighs

    I always edit those out even when I share a video over skype.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  19. Char said:

    I always edit those out even when I share a video over skype.

    well - then you're not one of the prime suspects, so you're off the hook.

    Though YT is partly to blame when they mix in their advertising codes differently on each video. Just makes it annoying when trying to edit them out before posting. And impossible when a noob tries to post a vid themselves - if they don't know better, they can't or won't edit them out.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote
  20. Here's a new one of that new meme and the nico link.
    Not sure what's up with those things next to Remilia.

    Posted 2 years ago # Quote

Reply »

You must log in to post.