Sankaku Complex Forums » Anime

[closed]

Disaster thread of survival

1. Okay, hmmmmm,...

Just answer the previous posters disaster scenario the best way you can given your own experiences or guess at what you would do if you were in that situation.
    When you're done, give a new survival situation for the next poster to answer.
    ----

You're driving along a dusty road with little or no traffic, way out in the boonies. Suddenly your car/truck dies on you. There is no phone reception for your phone.
    You've got some water in your trunk (for the radiator 2 gallons & maybe a couple cans of chili 4+ yrs past the expiration date). The nearest bit of civilizaiotn is a gas station you passed 80 miles behind you.
    You were traveling to the next state, you don't know if you're closer to the next gas station/town. You also think you see buildings on the horizon.
    What are you gonna do?

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. I pray to God hope that he will bless me with miracle.

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. Wire the car's antenna into the phone to boost reception and call AAA.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. PT just don't get abducted by aliens or eaten by a chupacabra.

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. UncommonOtaku said:
    Okay, hmmmmm,...

Just answer the previous posters disaster scenario the best way you can given your own experiences or guess at what you would do if you were in that situation.
    ----

You're driving along a dusty road with little or no traffic, way out in the boonies. Suddenly your car/truck dies on you. There is no phone reception for your phone.
    You've got some water in your trunk (for the radiator 2 gallons & maybe a couple cans of chili 4+ yrs past the expiration date). The nearest bit of civilizaiotn is a gas station you passed 80 miles behind you.
    You were traveling to the next state, you don't know if you're closer to the next gas station/town. You also think you see buildings on the horizon.
    What are you gonna do?

grab the shovel out of the back and start digging a hole to bury the body of the gas station attendant i murdered 80 miles ago.

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. UncommonOtaku said:
    Okay, hmmmmm,...

----

What are you gonna do?

palmtop-tiger said:
    Wire the car's antenna into the phone to boost reception and call AAA.

You get knocked out on the street. When you awake, you find yourself in a foreign country that speaks a tongue you don't understand. You also seem to be the prisoner of some criminals.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. UncommonOtaku said:

Desert? On the way to the next state? Clearly this thread isn't for me as I have neither of those things around.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. the-envoy said:

You get knocked out on the street. When you awake, you find yourself in a foreign country that speaks a tongue you don't understand. You also seem to be the prisoner of some criminals.

/open mailbox

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. This thread is a disaster? What?

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. UncommonOtaku said:
    Okay, hmmmmm,...

----

======

I would check and see what the issue is with the vehicle, if it can be repaired, even for a few hours at a time, then I would use what (back-up) though simplistic repair may be warranted.

Then I would use my ONSTAR and make a call... ¬_¬

If it didn't work, then it would be an (obvious) indicator that it was electrical...however, no mind, phone/mobile reception wouldn't be needed, this will be explained later....

UncommonOtaku said:
    You've got some water in your trunk (for the radiator 2 gallons & maybe a couple cans of chili 4+ yrs past the expiration date).

The nearest bit of civilizaiotn is a gas station you passed 80 miles behind you.

======

I would always be (rotating my stock) within my fully equipped BoB, so I wouldn't have expired cans or whatever in it - (plus) - I would always have at least 3 MRE's broken down for emergency use.

I would wait (at least) 2/3 days (and I'm, pushing it here on this).. before starting to TAB back 80 miles to the last known point of civilization, to see exactly what traffic (if any) actually flowed, then plan the TAB during the evening hours. (since its desert) this to conserve energy, water, and make the trek easier all round.

Before that, I would collect, separate/filter, boil the water (which is not anti-freeze) as you stated, ensuring that its safe to drink and use that for the trek to the closest point.

UncommonOtaku said:
    You were traveling to the next state, you don't know if you're closer to the next gas station/town.

You also think you see buildings on the horizon.

What are you gonna do?

======
    In this day and age w/o a GPS? - even on a mobile/smart phone? where you been? - under a fucking rock? O.o

So, as I mentioned before, I would be using the GPS on my mobile, which is always up-to-date (for this reason) which can be used w/o a mobile signal, as it will be using the battery, and would (already) be set to caching the last waypoint on a map that I access with/without a signal.

(in addition, I would also be using my GPS/radio combo as well...)

then again, in this scenario, I would know how to use as simple compass (*which would be already in my BoB) and know where my location is, by using a small paper-map that I use as back-up, marking my waypoints along my trip.

You say your 80 miles from a town, (yet) see buildings on the horizon, and your on a used road? ... between them?

Despite having little traffic, I would gather some rocks, and place them in a - "visible indicating arrow" - in the direction I started TABBING toward, which can be seen from the air - (in addition) - I would place a note on the windscreen of my car to let (anyone) know what occurred, what I am doing, and leaving a 9-line (if needed).

Its still possible that traffic flows between each town, no matter how slight, as I wouldn't be following a dirt road between A and B, if it wasn't used, considering that you didn't mention that it was completely abandoned. - ¬_¬

Besides, who travels without being prepared to begin with?

THEN after all this is said and done..

I WOULD HUNT YOU DOWN LIKE THE FUCKING ANIMAL THAT YOU ARE AND KILL YOU!

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. Deth said:

Lol...So much WIN!! Deth is on your tail Mr.Kitty XD

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. Deth said:

You can do it now if you want.

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. Avatar Image

N/A

UncommonOtaku said:
    Okay, hmmmmm,...

----

What are you gonna do?

First rule is that if you're stuck in the desert, then don't leave your vehicle. It's the biggest easy to see object for helicopters and search parties to spot.

Assuming that the car won't start no matter what, the only thing to do is make the best of the situation. After a couple of days with no contact from my family, they will notify the authorities that I am missing. A search party will be sent. Until then you can only sit tight. Things to do:
    1) Ration the water over a longer period of time. Save your urine to drink it again. (Hey, we're talking about life and death here.)
    2) If there is any brush around, gather it and burn it so that it acts as a smoke signal. If there's no brush, then the tires can be burnt.
    3) Break a mirror in the car to act as a flash signal for any helicopters that fly over.
    4) Don't leave the vehicle. Wait for rescue.

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. I do not currently care about this thread.

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. giascle said:
    I do not currently care about this thread.

====

Yet...

You posted within the thread you care not for....

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. Deth said:

====

Yet...

You posted within the thread you care not for....

Well he cares that you know that he does not care.

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. hayabusa1 said:

First rule is that if you're stuck in the desert, then don't leave your vehicle. It's the biggest easy to see object for helicopters and search parties to spot.

Assuming that the car won't start no matter what, the only thing to do is make the best of the situation. After a couple of days with no contact from my family, they will notify the authorities that I am missing. A search party will be sent. Until then you can only sit tight. Things to do:
    1) Ration the water over a longer period of time. Save your urine to drink it again. (Hey, we're talking about life and death here.)
    2) If there is any brush around, gather it and burn it so that it acts as a smoke signal. If there's no brush, then the tires can be burnt.
    3) Break a mirror in the car to act as a flash signal for any helicopters that fly over.
    4) Don't leave the vehicle. Wait for rescue.

Actually #1 is incorrect Les Stroud says don't drink your urine you may loose more water then you'll gain and possibly shock your system.
    Yes it's 95% water but the other 5% is urea , salts,and toxins you body is trying to get rid of.
    It's probably not much better then drinking seawater as on Man Woman wild they did drink it and their condition took a nose dive soon after and they had to be evacuated out.
    The guy's wife almost passed out and he didn't look much better.
    Instead you can still use it for cooling to try and prevent sweating which will save water ie wet down some thing like a shirt down still gross but preventing excessive sweating and staying cool is life and death in the desert.
    To drink it you need to make what's called a urine still pretty much piss in a hole put a container in it and cover it it with clear plastic the water evaporates levels the urea salts and other toxins behind and condense on the plastic.
    Salt water and radiator coolant also can be rendered drinkable via the same method though cross contamination with radiator coolant can kill you vs just make you sick.

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. UncommonOtaku said:
    Okay, hmmmmm,...

----

What are you gonna do?

Now, everyone is dicussing this. NO new disasters as of yet XD

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. Answering these questions is a lot of work.

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. triniking1234 said:
    Answering these questions is a lot of work.

Thats why I dont do much prep for it. What gonna happen, happens cant stop it either lol, and Id usually go SHIT when it does =X

Posted 2 years ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.