Sankaku Complex Forums » Anime

[closed]

Kony 2012

1. mfw the Kony 2012 people are the exactly same people who think European imperialism was a bad thing.

The continent was much more peaceful and prosperous when we were in charge. Prove me wrong.

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. Depends on the "we".

I'm very fond of British imperialism, after all, in the end the British were the only (and the last) real Empire, anyways. Most countries let the British run them for them (apart from really cocky ones, like China) just because the superiority was so evident. The British knew everyone was equal and therefore they were superior, they tried to get capitalism going in other countries and they got their share of profit, but were they "evil"? Definitely not, the places they got capitalism growing all developed extremely fast, it was "civilizatory".

Most other countries, in the other hand, just explored the shit out of their "colonies".

And of course it was more prosperous in Africa when you were there, you had peace treaties among the real powers (the European countries) while you bossed a bunched of tribesman around. The aftermath is the bad part, when they claim independence with Firearms financed by both, the URSS and the US. Now you get a problem, a bunch of spearsmen that war all the time suddenly get firearms and are imposed the idea of a nation they should fight for, what do you get? Fucking chaos.

I'm completely pro-civlizatory imperialism (reason I like the British), aren't we superior than the African countries? Do you think it is possible for that place full of warlords, who are more tribal than civilized (except they have guns) to develop? I think intervention is necessary.

So, it's impossible to prove you wrong, since you're right, but what about it? No country wants to go there now, and that's the problem. The only reason countries went before was to exploit natural resources and cheap labor, since you can't do that anymore we're just going to leave them there, without cleaning after "ourselves"?

By the way, people that say "imperialism was a bad thing" should be punched in the face. Imperialism is a bad thing now, it was the right thing, then.

So yeah, Kony 2012 might be a shallow and empty attempt of doing the "right thing" now, but wouldn't the right thing be a "next step"? You can no longer invade Africa and make it a better place through economic exploitation, back in the 1800s that would be okay, but now it isn't since our ethical standards developed together with our economies. So what would be the way to do it? A way to make it better without needing national states invading countries?

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. Posted 2 years ago #
  4. giascle said:
    By the way, here's the video of him freaking out. Five bucks says he's on PCP.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/16/jason-russell-video-naked-meltdown-kony/#.T2P4ZMw09pd

Char said:

That or Meth.
    http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2010/11/naked_meth_user_arrested_after.php
    http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2010/12/naked_phoenix_man_to_cops_come.php

This is all just too good to be true.

The Illuminati are having a ball out of this.

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. I screamed out "kony 2012!!!" while I was in the St. Patricks day parade though idk if anyone heard me.

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. abracadvre said:
    I screamed out "kony 2012!!!" while I was in the St. Patricks day parade though idk if anyone heard me.

Way to be 12.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. What's with all the Kony 2012 stuff? I've been out of the loop for quite a while so I have no idea what's going on.

Tried to watch the video, but couldn't make it past the first 5 minutes. Felt to forced.

Also, I know the solution to all these problems. Just send me £1,000,000 and I should be able to save the world.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. Crackrabbit said:

very Nice Cracky~

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. Thank you, Gantz. 8)

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. Bravo said:
    video from a different angle:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/18/jason-russell-video-naked-meltdown-kony/?adid=hero3#.T2hP0PmGaCg

BRAVO!!!! Bravo!! - where's the Hollywood Glee club?? to stand up for you HERO?? isn't today KONY day?? (or is that 4/20) ??

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. Gantz I hope you post their updated Kony 2012 pt 2 here & not make another thread.

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. UncommonOtaku said:
    Gantz I hope you post their updated Kony 2012 pt 2 here & not make another thread.

Is there one?... I'm soo over KONY 2012- it's a shame. Why what did you hear?

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. @gantz,....

Well I read an artecle aboot it yesterday - it was an Associated Press artecle. The group responsible for making the original vid on the tube. Stated they were going to update it and post it on the YTube soonish.

Posted 2 years ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.