Sankaku Complex Forums » Anime

[closed]

Kony 2012

1. I thought this should have it's own thread.

This is the future, the pyramid inversion in the end of the movie is the power of the internet, the power of the general intellect. Power to the people, a bright future awaits.

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. we're all obviously extremely interested in this. Related pic:

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. ughh,....

I want doughnuts!

Attachments

1. this_again_(3).gif 2 years old
    Posted 2 years ago #
  4. >expecting to shape up this world
    >sancom forums
    >sancom

Attachments

1. Xzibit_wtf.jpg 2 years old
    Posted 2 years ago #
  5. I know, it was closed, to I decided to make a new one.

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. And he thinks that science is religion and I haven't watched that movie because I don1t care about the hype, I care about the problem.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. Kant's Science is not religion, since he clearly acknowledges "pure reason" as to what a God would be, the atheist's Science, now THAT is religion, since their replacement for God is science. It's simple.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. Lilith said:
    Kant's Science is not religion, since he clearly acknowledges "pure reason" as to what a God would be, the atheist's Science, now THAT is religion, since their replacement for God is science. It's simple.

who named the athiests athiest? labeling them sort of makes them attached to stupid christian religions. if you don't believe in anything, just call them normal people.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. Lilith said:
    Kant's Science is not religion, since he clearly acknowledges "pure reason" as to what a God would be, the atheist's Science, now THAT is religion, since their replacement for God is science. It's simple.

Ah, you're one of those Invisible Pink Fairy deniers.
    Why are you so close minded? Why don't you see that everything is made by the Invisible Pink fairy? The philosophical reasons for the existence of the Invisible Pink Fairy is something that you can't deny!

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. pilu said:

Ah, you're one of those Invisible Pink Fairy deniers.
    Why are you so close minded? Why don't you see that everything is made by the Invisible Pink fairy? The philosophical reasons for the existence of the Invisible Pink Fairy is something that you can't deny!

Attachments

1. This_fucking_guy.jpg 2 years old
    Posted 2 years ago #
  11. Lilith said:

I can almost hear Tom Cruise,... almost,...

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. Lilith said:
    now THAT is religion, since their replacement for God is science. It's simple.

Attachments

1. ohuko.gif 2 years old
    Posted 2 years ago #
  13. Lilith said:
    the atheist's Science, now THAT is religion, since their replacement for God is science. It's simple.

DAT LOGIC!

Have you ever considered a career in the church? Catholic cardinals believe things like "legalising gay marriage is like legalising slavery" and "equality laws are oppressive because they discriminate against bigots". Equally valid reasoning.

You also frequent a website filled with paedophiles, so I'm sure you'd fit right in.

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. this is science speaking.

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. Posted 2 years ago #
  16. Activist? I'm not doing anything. I don't think killing that one crazy African will stop the wars in Africa or anything, either. What I like is what this video shows capable: people get mobilized and manage to mobilize the US government in the process, even if it wasn't on their best interests (interests of the Capital), that's historical.

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. Lilith said:
    Activist? I'm not doing anything. I don't think killing that one crazy African will stop the wars in Africa or anything, either. What I like is what this video shows capable: people get mobilized and manage to mobilize the US government in the process, even if it wasn't on their best interests (interests of the Capital), that's historical.

The problem is people are focusing on a single individual, not the problem as a whole, hence all the Kony shit. It'd be one thing if people were against everyone who practices this sort of thing but your average Joe is just gonna focus on Kony. Plus the people who are against the practice as a whole probably knew about what was going on before the documentary was made or browsed E/N at some point.

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. Well, when you highlight an individual you can still see the surrounding area. I'm pretty sure it was complete darkness to most people before this showed up, people will want to explore the surrounding themselves, afterwards.

I'm not going to argue the point they are trying to make, I really think this is minor, here. I just think this is history in the making. The future of private investment no longer depends high-risk bank loans, it's all about tons of people donating for a cause, even if not humanitarian. That's like current indie games, you donate directly to the artist, if 100 thousand people buy your one dollar game, well, that's enough to live for a while.

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. Saw that movie machine gun preacher. The viallain is Konys terrorist group. He is a sick bastard.

Posted 2 years ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.