Sankaku Complex Forums » Anime

[closed]

future fansub projects should include CMs!

  1. Avatar Image

    GTR

    it won't be long (at least in north america) when fan-made subbing fresh off-the-air anime becomes a thing of the past thanks to legal alternatives like crunchyrolls, ANN, Funi, Nico.com etc etc.

    to further differentiate from legal channels... how about including CMs in future projects?

    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. I'll stick with legal streams where money will reach the original creators.

    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. Avatar Image

    Nin

    GTR said:
    legal alternatives like crunchyrolls, ANN, Funi, Nico.com etc etc.

    Nico.com?

    Posted 2 years ago #
  4. Morning Rescue gave birth to a meme.

    Posted 2 years ago #
  5. It's like saying "Instead of watching broadcast TV we should download the same shows with added commercials!"

    Posted 2 years ago #
  6. What is CM?

    Posted 2 years ago #
  7. In the past there used to have anime raws that comes with CM...and trust me its gets annoying sometime lol..

    Posted 2 years ago #
  8. Stupid idea. I've seen plenty of fansubbed anime that kept in the CMs and I always skipped over those parts. There's really no point in keeping them except to let the fansub team be lazy.

    Also, fansubbing won't be dying in America any time soon as long as there are people like me who don't support official subs (and there are still a lot of us).

    Posted 2 years ago #
  9. H-Ero said:

    Also, fansubbing won't be dying in America any time soon as long as there are people like me who don't support official subs (and there are still a lot of us).

    It won't be as significant when it's easier to watch a legal stream than to download an illegal fansub.

    Posted 2 years ago #
  10. Ninsheart said:

    Nico.com?

    probably niconico.com but i haven't seen any anime there being streamed for any other places then canada and america so i can't see those anime

    Posted 2 years ago #
  11. For some reason OFFICIAL SUB are worst than FANSUB lol..u see funnny english in it sometimes

    Posted 2 years ago #
  12. sylphin said:
    For some reason OFFICIAL SUB are worst than FANSUB lol..u see funnny english in it sometimes

    I would rather trust a company who pay to get translations done and get the approval from the Japanese companies who own the property then a bunch of fans translating something for fun on the side.

    Posted 2 years ago #
  13. WHO CARES ABOUT A COMMERCIAL OF A PRODUCT I CAN'T GET MY HANDS ON?

    Posted 2 years ago #
  14. Peter Barton said:

    I would rather trust a company who pay to get translations done and get the approval from the Japanese companies who own the property then a bunch of fans translating something for fun on the side.

    But the translator they pay are shitty =( sad to say. Id rather pay the Japanese company for good quality raw/DVD instead of those misleading/ugly subs, just cant stand to see those white wordings. In the past I use to watch all of em from fansubs, but now their like less fansubbers around, well after watching anime for so long even if u dont really know Japanese u will still kinda know the translation is weird. One good example of BAD Official Sub id say is Persona 4 from ANN?

    Posted 2 years ago #
  15. Avatar Image

    GTR

    go watch an off-air late nite anime being streamed on justin TV or USTREAM... some CMs there feature figurines and other otaku swag.

    point is i think fansubbers should also include CMs (as seen in jap terrestrial TV) to promote the awareness on anime merchandize... lately fansubbers are seen as leechers and i think they could easily redeem themselves if they follow my recommendation

    Posted 2 years ago #
  16. GTR said:

    point is i think fansubbers should also include CMs (as seen in jap terrestrial TV) to promote the awareness on anime merchandize... lately fansubbers are seen as leechers and i think they could easily redeem themselves if they follow my recommendation

    If anime fans want the merchandise for an anime which they are fans of there are more reliable sources than CMs. Just leave them out. Less work for them.

    Posted 2 years ago #
  17. Peter Barton said:

    It won't be as significant when it's easier to watch a legal stream than to download an illegal fansub.

    Yeah some of us don;t stream if there is any way around it. thx to my new internet service streaming is FAR too slow so it;s not an option. And if you must know my current ACTUAL speed is 123kbps in short listed as 1Mbps so yeah jut a bit above double the speed of dial up. So no streaming isn't an option. Oh and the reason i use this shitty ass connection is that unlimited bandwidth is better even at abysmally slow speeds that capping and being overcharged every month.

    Posted 2 years ago #
  18. wtf is a CM? Chicago made (CM) Punk? Someone asked and no one answered. Answer now please.

    Posted 2 years ago #
  19. kyubeykiller said:
    wtf is a CM? Chicago made (CM) Punk? Someone asked and no one answered. Answer now please.

    Commercials.

    Posted 2 years ago #
  20. Why would anyone wants commercials in anime torrents? Seriously?

    Attachments

    1. really.jpg 2 years old
    Posted 2 years ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.